Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MK4 Titanium differences?

TurtleTom

Hey 

I am looking at the MK4 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI but am a bit confused by what the actual differences are between Titanium X, Titanium X Business and the Titanium X Sport 

Is there any known faults to these or things to watch out for buying used? 

Lastly I have being advised to not ignore the auto variant. I have never being into autos due to the expense when things go wrong and poor economy but am told this is no longer the case now days. Any input on this would also be appreciated

• Like 1

Have a look here at the 2011 Mondeo Brochure  https://issuu.com/mustaphamondeo/docs/mondeo_ebrochure_e5468a405fa0b2

What year car are you looking at? The facelift came out in 2011 (MK4.5). Some ( a lot possibly) of the pre-facelift cars suffered with power steering issues which normally ended up with needing the rack and reservoir to be replaced. I didn't want to chance it and hence I got a MK4.5, plus it looks better inside and out IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awseome that is exactly what I was after. 

I have being looking at the 2010 MK4 estate as alot seem to come with the likes of DAB, 256 bit colour dash screen and so on but 09 or before dont have this. 

ok, those will most likely be the pre-facelift models, but check out the 2011 models to to compare...might not be much difference in price. I have an early facelift with the sat nav but without DAB, I think the late 2011 models with nav had DAB. Otherwise they come with the Sony stereo with DAB.

• Like 1

no, but from what I was reading, there were very few facelifted models with steering rack problems. I've had my car 6 years and done over 80K miles without any steering rack issues (Changed the fluid last year though)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post and replies, just what I've been looking for. Been looked at a few mk4 and mk4.5 titanium x models. Wasn't aware of the steering rack issues, think I best stick to the mk4.5 models.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an issue for a couple of weeks recently but it seems to have be resolved from what I've experienced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club