Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 duratec or Econetic

Kermitstu

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I tried to search for one and I couldn't find anything. I am looking at buying a 2015 Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 Econetic but having recently fallen fowl of a dodgy car sales displaying a 1.6 as a 2.0 I'm a little suspicious of dealers now.

I've found a car I like the look of and they advertise it as a Econetic and when the reg is put in to Halfords it also comes up as an econetic but when doing a VIN check with ford edis it just comes up as a duratec. 

Are there any visual ques I can look for to ensure it is an Econetic and not the basic engine?

If you have any photos of these engines that would be of great use.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Stu

I mean if you gave us the reg and engine fitted we could just tell you if it's an Econetic.

First off, duratec are the petrol engines. I'm guessing you've either used the wrong VIN, or you mean duratorq which are the diesel engines.

Secondly, there's duratorq, and doratorq ECOnetic. Basically if it says duratorq, it doesn't mean that it's not an ECOnetic too.

And finally the bit you actually wanted to read, ETIS doesn't tell you whether it's an econetic. However if car parts websites and the dealer says it is, then it will be.

• Thanks 1

Econetic has the 16in wheels unless someone's put different sized wheels on after. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club