Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Owner - Theft Protection?

Cinder

Hi all, 

Set to pick up my new MK8 ST on Thursday and absolutely cannot wait.

A slight concern for me, however, is the theft worries that come with having a brand new Ford. As I've never owned a Ford before, I may be a bit naive to the types of theft protection you might need.

First of all, I'm getting a Disklok.

I'm also aware that Ford Sleep Mode now helps to protect against keyless relaysz however, the OBD concerns are still there.

As the car is on PCP, I'm not sure I'm really allowed to relocate the OBD and can't be drilling or rewiring; are there any simple DIY techniques that can make the OBD a more resistant to theft which will also not screw me with PCP?

I don’t recall the name of the thread but a little while ago there was a fairly comprehensive coverage of what others have done to increase the security in their MK8’s. Worth searching the forum for it as there was a lot of good ideas discussed in there. 

other than that, there are some YouTube videos for the MK8 that are worth looking at. However, if you’re looking to not drill or rewire, a lot of suggestions won’t be of much use.

14 minutes ago, DG97 said:

I don’t recall the name of the thread but a little while ago there was a fairly comprehensive coverage of what others have done to increase the security in their MK8’s. Worth searching the forum for it as there was a lot of good ideas discussed in there. 

other than that, there are some YouTube videos for the MK8 that are worth looking at. However, if you’re looking to not drill or rewire, a lot of suggestions won’t be of much use.

Yep I think I've just stumbled across this thread a couple of minutes ago. Funnily enough couldn't find it via searching on here but a quick Google has got it.

Having a look now, thanks mate 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club