Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Efficiency

Stu_2019

Hi, I recently purchased a new 2019 Ecosport ST Line 1 litre, I've had it a few months now and not happy with the fuel efficiency. It averages 33.4 mpg according to the display, but most reports suggest i should get above 40 mpg.When I fill up the petrol tank it tells me I can expect between 280 - 300 miles until empty which I believe is quite low for a full tank. This figure then changes based on journey time, on some longer journeys it will increase and give me more miles until empty but on shorter journeys it decreases so I never really know what to expect but on average I'm only getting approx 300 mile on a full tank. I don't know a great deal about car engines and can only base these figures against my previous car but 300 mile seems low for a full tank of petrol.

Is this the same for other Ecosport owners or should I be looking at getting it checked out ?

Hi, Only had ours just over a month, first reading it's done 37.3, 369 miles. Manufacturer figures are always high, and a lot depends on how and where you are driving it. Our car will tend to do around 8-10 miles per trip, with some shorter & longer ones thrown in. We are generally rural/villages and some town driving. Not really had any long distance motorway yet.

Mine averages around 44 MPG unless taken on the occasional longer run when it's over 50. I now wish I'd bought the Seat Arona as the low NCAP rating of the ST-Line, it's stupid rear door, it's lack of even a jack if you get a puncture , the several paint defects on delivery and a very doubtful P.D.I. make me think I've made the wrong choice. You can't even get a workshop manual anymore--unless anyone on here knows any different?   Smithee

I mainly do urban driving 8 to 12 miles and I get 44 mpg in the Winter and 48 mpg in the Summer but I don't have the ST mine is the Titanium 1 ltr. On the odd motorway run I get 60 mpg.

Thanks for replies, I've been trying to monitor it last couple of weeks. Mon to Fri its used mainly by the Mrs and she only does short journeys, couple a mile at a time and this is when it seems to suffer most, lowering avg mpg and taking large amounts of fuel. If I take it for a good run on weekend the figures improve quite noticeably so i'm guessing it just isn't good on short journeys.

All depends on how you drive it, if its short journeys etc. My advice is dont rely on the expected miles until empty on the trip computer. In my fiesta sometimes it goes down by like 30 - 40 miles on a 15 mile journey, and other times it only goes down about 5 miles for a 15 mile journey. (both with the same driving style, conditions and route)

17 minutes ago, Stu_2019 said:

Thanks for replies, I've been trying to monitor it last couple of weeks. Mon to Fri its used mainly by the Mrs and she only does short journeys, couple a mile at a time and this is when it seems to suffer most, lowering avg mpg and taking large amounts of fuel. If I take it for a good run on weekend the figures improve quite noticeably so i'm guessing it just isn't good on short journeys.

No car is good on short journeys, the engine doesnt get up to a proper working temperature.

• Like 1

Mines a 2017 auto Titanium petrol, being an auto i only get 34mpg urban driving ,if yours is a manual that does seem low.

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine (2019, 125ps, semi-automatic, petrol, ST-Line) for four months now and I average 39 mpg [Fuelly link].

That consists of around 75% motorway miles.

In addition, I almost always have the heater on (though only one or two bars, and I turn the temperature down when I'm warm enough) and often have the electric seat (1 bar) and heated steering wheel on for 10-minutes or so on colder journeys.

Anyone telling you they're getting higher than 40 mpg are either doing higher than 75% motorways (which is fair), or are lying.

I didn't trust the cars Mpg so I've just worked it out manually as I have always kept my fuel records and it worked out at 41.46 the cars display said 41.5 so it seems pretty accurate to me and that was for the worst month this season with quite a few days of hard frost. My Titanium is a 1ltr manual . A lot depends on how you drive, I was a chauffeur for most of my working life, retired now but I still drive the same.

• 1 month later...

I am only getting 27.5 mpg from my new Titanium 1lt automatic, realise i only do 15-25 mile urban trips,but my previous 2017 1.5 lt Titanium auto gave 34mpg for the same journeys,would have thought the lower powered engine would give better mpg but it seems not☹️

• 3 weeks later...

1.0 Manual giving 37 overall. Just had trip to London & back using M5/M4 and only returned 38 on the last tank, so looking fairly consistent.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried any performance mods chip/ tuning etc? to see if it helps with fuel?

I haven't, and unlikely to as it is SWMBO car.

• 5 months later...

My 2019 has just over 4000 miles on it in 8 months, had the oil changed at just over 3000 at the dealership. Now that it's blazing hot out (I live in Phoneix, it's been over 106 for weeks) and the a/c running full time, my mileage dropped to 15.6 mpg from the 27 I was getting in the winter, with the a/c on part time. The dealership tells me if the check engine light isn't on, there is nothing wrong with the car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club