Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Software Updates via Wi-Fi

PLB

Just now, Alex.S said:

Will sync3 and map updates show up on the website? 

Yeah, it worked before on my Mk8 ST.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Will sync3 and map updates show up on the website? 

My house WiFi connection is very weak in the car.

Yes, as you probably know you can enter your VIN number and check.for available updates.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

• Like 1

SOFTWARE AND UPDATES

SYNC Updates

Your software is up to date

That’s what I’m seeing on the website.  So that’s where I’ll see updates and links for downloading?

U guys have probably seen my posts re my modem not connected. As I can’t seem to get Live Traffic working. But my info on the website and the app shows it is connected.   I’ve done remote engine start (doesn’t work every time) . I’ve even had the mpg , price of fuel I’ve used in October. None of this would work without the modem connectivity. I think. 

I’ve googled Live Traffic not activated and yet to find an explanation how to activate it apart from some American guy showing how to slide a button! 

I need to go back to the dealer with it. 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

U guys have probably seen my posts re my modem not connected. As I can’t seem to get Live Traffic working. But my info on the website and the app shows it is connected.   I’ve done remote engine start (doesn’t work every time) . I’ve even had the mpg , price of fuel I’ve used in October. None of this would work without the modem connectivity. I think. 

I’ve googled Live Traffic not activated and yet to find an explanation how to activate it apart from some American guy showing how to slide a button! 

I need to go back to the dealer with it. 

From what you describe the modem is working as its communicating with the Ford Pass app and you can remotely control certain functions.

Open the Ford Pass App, Press ‘Vehicle Details & Service’ > ‘Service & Support’ > scroll down to ‘Subscriptions’ > ‘Live Traffic’

You should see your Live Traffic subscription details.

In my case

Subscription Price:  Auto

Subscription End Date: 22 Dec 2020

If you don’t see any subscription details go back to your dealer as you should get 2 years free Live Traffic subscription.

17 minutes ago, PLB said:

From what you describe the modem is working as its communicating with the Ford Pass app and you can remotely control certain functions.

Open the Ford Pass App, Press ‘Vehicle Details & Service’ > ‘Service & Support’ > scroll down to ‘Subscriptions’ > ‘Live Traffic’

You should see your Live Traffic subscription details.

In my case

Subscription Price:  Auto

Subscription End Date: 22 Dec 2020

If you don’t see any subscription details go back to your dealer as you should get 2 years free Live Traffic subscription.

I’m not getting a ‘Subscription ‘ option. 

Getting ODOMETER

PREFERRED DEALER

FIND A DEALER

service Intervals

GLOVE BOX

Owners Manual 

Vehicle Details

Fuel Report BETA

Vehicle Support

12 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m not getting a ‘Subscription ‘ option. 

Getting ODOMETER

PREFERRED DEALER

FIND A DEALER

Service Intervals

GLOVE BOX

Under 'Glove Box' do you see the following.?

Owners Manual

Vehicle Details (This should show your vehicle nickname, License Plate, Base Warranty details, VIN and Odometer reading.)

Vehicle Support

Subscriptions

Got all that apart from ‘Subscriptions’

below Vehicle Support is in red writing..REMOVE VEHICLE

I’ve added preferred dealer

and plate number 

live got Fuel Report between Vehicle Details and Vehicle Support 

5 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve added preferred dealer

OK, I don’t think the problems your end.

You will have to explain the situation to your dealer and see what they say.

It may be that your vehicles VIN number for some reason has not been linked to a Live Traffic Subscription on Fords data base.

• Thanks 1

As PLB says it look like error is with Ford. Since the dealer may be clueless about this it may be easier to Email Ford customer relations  UKCRC1@Ford.com  they will reply and can be helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

As PLB says it look like error is with Ford. Since the dealer may be clueless about this it may be easier to Email Ford customer relations  UKCRC1@Ford.com  they will reply and can be helpful.

I tweeted them, got a phone number for the FordPass team.

called them , they say uninstall then reinstall the app then master reset. If it doesn’t work call them back. 

Been to the dealership, no technicians available today. 

Sorted!

dealership were wanting me to book it in! 

Didn't need to uninstall the app. Removed Vehicle then added Vehicle , that’s all! Live Traffic on. 

• Like 1

Great!

i have found live traffic to be very useful........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Sorted!

dealership were wanting me to book it in! 

Didn't need to uninstall the app. Removed Vehicle then added Vehicle , that’s all! Live Traffic on. 

Great, glad you’ve got it sorted. 👍

• Like 1

Got the Vodafone 3 months started too. Hoping auto Android will run smoother. Good so far.

not great speeds right enough..download 8mb ..upload 13mb 

im getting 40mb in the house upload 10mb 

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I've recently updated my 2019 focus via usb to sync 3.4, but my maps only updated to F8, whereas my 2018 Fiesta has updated to F9. Anyone know why? I know the update for the system has worked because the layout has changed entirely on the screen. I thought about re-doing it but I deleted the update from my PC and I cant now download it again because it says its up to date when I put my VIN in on the Ford website. Any suggestions out there? Also does anyone know how to connect the sync 3 to the on board car wifi? It never comes up as an option and my house wifi doesn't reach outside the house. Cheers

The nav update comes as a seperate download.

The on-board wi-fi is a hotspot for passengers to connect devices to not for the car to download it's own data (bit of a missed opportunity tbh), and to link to the ford pass app for remote locking,warning messages and location data.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club