Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Primary Hose - Fiesta Mk8 STLine 1.0

Eliterox
聽Share

Hello guys, I'm trying to decide if its worth to purchase the primary induction hose from mountune. I've been searching around the internet for some before/after dyno figures or real world performance claims but i havn't been able to find any.

Mountune states that by switching this hose, the airflow can increase by 17% . This sounds like a number that only applies to the hose itself and not the complete system. Also, they seem to include it with the MP140 that they apply to the MK8 STL on their HQ. Not sure if this is just to promote sales though.

I'm looking for a little bit of induction noise and some performance gains. I have the 125hp version of the 1.0 ecoboost and i know for a fact that these engines do output more than the stated (had a 1.0 100hp before and remaped it to 150 and it actually logged 117hp on the stock measurement).聽

Is it worth to get this or just skip and REVO the car once i got some decent mileage on it?

Thanks in advance 馃槃

Not tried this personally but other members have fitted the full set of hoses to their Mk 8 and reported little/no noticeable improvement on a standard car. I suspect the Mountune or similar hoses would be more likely to show benefit on a remapped car flowing more air.

It's all about percentages.聽 Say a hose gives you a 2% increase in power.

On a 125bhp car that's another 2.5hp - you'd barely notice.

On a 280 bhp ST it's still only 5.6bhp聽 -perhaps you might notice this.

These things are useful but only as part of an overall package - better intercooler, increased intake capacity, freer exhaust.

I was watching 5th gear the other day, the mechanic chap got something like a 30bhp increase on a Mini Cooper 170bhp, with "just" a better exhaust - he never touched the intake at all.

16 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I was watching 5th gear the other day, the mechanic chap got something like a 30bhp increase on a Mini Cooper 170bhp, with "just" a better exhaust - he never touched the intake at all.

Yeah, I saw that and thought it was a bit dubious without any other mods, tbh!聽

They did remap the engine to take account of the exhaust, but they didn't touch the intake.

44 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

They did remap the engine to take account of the exhaust,

Deleted it off my recorder now, but iirc I thought the guy rather underplayed that aspect of it - he gave the impression that the exhaust gave that healthy increase, whereas I suspect most of it was due to the remap. He's done something similar in previous shows which could also give a misleading impression.聽

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

It's all about percentages.聽 Say a hose gives you a 2% increase in power.

On a 125bhp car that's another 2.5hp - you'd barely notice.

On a 280 bhp ST it's still only 5.6bhp聽 -perhaps you might notice this.

These things are useful but only as part of an overall package - better intercooler, increased intake capacity, freer exhaust.

But he did have it remapped at the same time, which is where most of the increase would have come from.

A long time ago now but I had a MK1 Golf GTi 1800. I used to take it up to BRMotorsports in Royal Leamington Spa to have it serviced and also had a few modifications done by them.

When my original VW exhaust finally gave up I decide to replace聽it with a Sebring Auspuff free flow exhaust. I'd had my car dyno'd at their faciltly the previous year after a few engine mods, different cam and air filter. It was producing about 135 BHP at the wheels. The Sebring exhaust added about 5 Bhp but most of that seemed to be at the top end of the rpm.

During normal to fairly fast driving it was unnoticeable apart from the different exhaust sound.

We didn't have the option of a remap in those days, the injectors and ignition timing聽 were mechanical . The only computer on that thing was the LCD trip computer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club