Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Used Car Buying Help - Zetec Ecoboost

Apok

Hi guys, I’m looking to join the Fiesta Club, specifically looking for an Ecoboost.  I am viewing a 2014 ZETEC EcoBoost on Friday.

Looking from some advice from the best people to ask, actual owners!

It’s a good price compared to others of same spec, 30K miles.  £6100.00 – Reg:SM14UBT

There are some advisories, but I’m only fussed about this one “Nearside Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect (5.3.2 (b))” apparently this is a ‘middle of the road’ issue and the front shock absorbers might be fine for years.  The cost of replacements is under £500 (quick google quote) but most other examples of this car go for £6500-£6700 for around 30K anyway so would work out the same if I replaced.  Should I be concerned?

Other than that, are there any general advises regarding Ecoboosts/fiestas you think I should know?

Maybe things I should make sure to check when test driving and checking around the vehicle?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

FireShot Capture 003 - [SM14UBT] - Your free car history report for 2014 BLACK FORD FIESTA Z_ - www.caranalytics.co.uk.pdf

Look at the metal coolant pipes on the turbo. There is a vey long thread on this forum ( or might be focus forum) about this . Ford have replaced some turbos. The pipes don’t come separate

3 hours ago, Apok said:

Hi guys, I’m looking to join the Fiesta Club, specifically looking for an Ecoboost.  I am viewing a 2014 ZETEC EcoBoost on Friday.

If you can stretch your budget a bit more my 2016 ST-Line 140 is still available for sale, currently sitting at about £8,800 at a dealership

https://www.carbase.co.uk/used/ford/fiesta/1-0-ecoboost-140-st-line-3dr/aetv63171206/

It had 31,000 miles on clock and I don't think you'll find a better example, I had it from new and treated it gently.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club