Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta ecoboost - buzzing noise

RichardR21

Hi guys

i bought a Ford Fiesta Eco boost 1.0 100 on finance in the end of September 2019. The car was brand new (69plate) and is on finance. 

two weeks into me having it, a buzzing noise appeared when ever my car is on or around 2000 revs. The buzzing noise Predominantly comes from around the glovebox area at the passenger side and kind of where the dashboard is (left hand side mainly). The noise appears in all gears when at around 2000 revs 

i took it to the dealership for them to have it looked at but they said it’s nothing to worry about and is “a characteristic To ecoboost models”. I call bull****. It can’t be?!  I wasn’t told of this, nor can I find it anywhere online and to me, a new car shouldn’t be buzzing at me. 

ive seen similar problems on the internet with other people and they’ve fixed it themselves. I’m notmechanically minded so I cannot do it myself. 

It just seems strange to me and I can’t see it been a characteristic. I think they’re trying to fob me off!

T.I.A

We have 1.0 100.  It doesn't buzz.  I'd be looking at things in the engine bay like the exhaust shield, could just need bending away a bit.

Long thread on this somewhere. Members have effected a cure by clipping hoses together with a cable tie, iirc.

Edit: found it!

Yea, I can confirm that the cable tie method works. 

Just do that and it will be gone.

Which hoses are they referring to? I’m not mechanically minded. I’ll have to take this into to the garage and they do it for me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club