Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Price List November 2019

Eric Bloodaxe

Looking at the latest price list/order guide dated 11 November, there seem to be quite a few changes.

Some further "culling" of the range has occurred, now only two Active variants (three previously).

"Edition" has been added to model name on Active, ST-L and ST-L X, and Vignale

Extra equipment added e.g. B & 0 and 18" " wheels on ST-L X, B &O and performance pack on ST-3 - I guess this reflects what was being ordered

A 95ps version of the ecoboost has appeared so you can now get an ecoboost version of the base model Trend. Thought this seemed odd given the 100ps is still listed until I spotted that the 100 is now automatic only and on most trims the 95ps manual  sneaks under 95g/km CO2. There seem to be some nonsensical performance figures at the back which give two sets of figures for the 95. I think the lower figures relate to the previous 85ps n/a engine in the Trend and they have been quoted in error!

Some quite substantial price increases, now difficult to find a Fiesta listed under £20k!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Looking at the latest price list/order guide dated 11 November, there seem to be quite a few changes.

Some further "culling" of the range has occurred, now only two Active variants (three previously).

"Edition" has been added to model name on Active, ST-L and ST-L X, and Vignale

Extra equipment added e.g. B & 0 and 18" " wheels on ST-L X, B &O and performance pack on ST-3 - I guess this reflects what was being ordered

A 95ps version of the ecoboost has appeared so you can now get an ecoboost version of the base model Trend. Thought this seemed odd given the 100ps is still listed until I spotted that the 100 is now automatic only and on most trims the 95ps manual  sneaks under 95g/km CO2.

Some quite substantial price increases, now difficult to find a Fiesta listed under £20k!

Glad I got my ST Line X last month, Even though some of the new additions as standard i would of liked e.g. the 18" rims, but with the options i have on mine (5 door, Frozen white and a spare wheel), it would have cost me about 2 Grand more on the new price listings

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

spare wheel

Interesting that it appears you can now have a factory spare with B&O as it seems the subwoofer is now in the side wall, not the well, of the boot. The new list will need careful studying - seem to be quite a lot of changes there!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting that it appears you can now have a factory spare with B&O as it seems the subwoofer is now in the side wall, not the well, of the boot. The new list will need careful studying - seem to be quite a lot of changes there!

Very interesting if that is the case, but it must add a decent amount of weight to the car. It just seems quite a big price hike. It will be interesting to see how this alters PCP monthly payments for all models.

With the price hike taking an interestingly configured Fiesta to above £20-£21k, as much as I like the car, it’s too expensive for a small hatchback. 

admittedly if you pay full price at a dealer, then you’ve done things a little bit wrong (unless you’re buying a rare spec car). 

but at £21-£22k you could get something significantly better with minimal mileage as a pre-reg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

A 95ps version of the ecoboost has appeared so you can now get an ecoboost version of the base model Trend. Thought this seemed odd given the 100ps is still listed until I spotted that the 100 is now automatic only and on most trims the 95ps manual  sneaks under 95g/km CO2. There seem to be some nonsensical performance figures at the back which give two sets of figures for the 95. I think the lower figures relate to the previous 85ps n/a engine in the Trend and they have been quoted in error!

Is there any benefit of being under 95g/km now?  You'll just save £20 on the first years tax right?  On a £20,000 car!? :unsure: 

They haven't updated the build and price website yet.

3 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

They haven't updated the build and price website yet.

I noticed that as well, but i have managed to find the new price list, on the ford website.

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is there any benefit of being under 95g/km now?  You'll just save £20 on the first years tax right?  On a £20,000 car!? :unsure: 

From the price list, I think it makes about £12 a month difference in BIK for company car users. I suspect it may be more to do with getting under the EU corporate average of 95g/km to avoid penalties to the manufacturer, rather than for the buyer/user.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I suspect it may be more to do with getting under the EU corporate average of 95g/km to avoid penalties to the manufacturer, rather than for the buyer/user.

Ah, that's a good point, hadn't thought about that!  

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, that's a good point, hadn't thought about that!  

This is the problem (extract from EU website):

Penalty payments for excess emissions

If the average CO2 emissions of a manufacturer's fleet exceed its target in a given year, the manufacturer has to pay an excess emissions premium for each car registered.

Until 2018, this premium amounts to

• €5 for the first g/km of exceedance
  • €15 for the second g/km
  • €25 for the third g/km
  • €95 for each subsequent g/km.

From 2019 on, the penalty will be €95 for each g/km of target exceedance.

and it will get tighter. The 95g/km is further reduced by 15% from 2025 and 37.5% from 2030.

• Sad 1

Hi all, been a while since I have been around.

Well the day has arrived today when it seems like i am moving on from my Black 17 plate St Line. I have had it pretty much two and a half years on a 3yr PCP and covered 10,700 miles.

The car has never missed a beat for me after a couple of little snags when new.

Phone call from the dealer asking if I was looking to change my car early.

As some of you know from a while back ,my wife has a 2018 St Line X and I was torn between upgrading to this model or an ST3.

Well, I decided on the spot that i wanted the St Line X over the ST. Personal choice, weighing costs etc up against usage and what i would do in it.

Told the dealer that I wanted to upgrade from an St Line, to an St Line X (with all the extra goodies) in White, exactly same spec as the mrs with Rev camera, term over 3 years and not 4 as I won't faff with mot's. White some of you say, when I have been a lifelong owner of black cars.... White because it doesn't show every little scratch, swirl and blemish like my black Stline.... I said I wasn't looking to pay too much more than what I was paying currently.

After about a few hours, dealer rang back and said the couldn't believe there was a car in stock, white, 140bhp, rev camera. Only difference that immediately stood out was it had 18 inch machine cut wheels.....

Why 18 inch wheels? Are they standard now? Ok, fair enough I said.

Talked figures and it is going to cost me peanuts a month more than what I am paying now..... Plus they are transferring my plate over as part of the deal again.

Oh and it is guaranteed not to have a problematic Satnav! Haha.

Anyway, going in saturday morning to complete the paperwork so will see how things progress.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Oh and it is guaranteed not to have a problematic Satnav! Haha.

Good luck with that, Martin!😀

• Like 1

Ps just read back, do you have a link to the Nov 11 price list and details please?

Will try to get details of why a stock car has 18 inch alloys fitted if not standard.

How can they guarantee the sat nav won't be problematic?  Do they just no longer fit them!?  :laugh:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Ps just read back, do you have a link to the Nov 11 price list and details please?

Will try to get details of why a stock car has 18 inch alloys fitted if not standard.

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/research/brochure-download#overlay/content/overlays/download-a-brochure/new-fiesta

Or just download off website.

Judging by the cars I've seen in stock at local dealers, 18" wheels were a very popular option, which is probably why they've made it standard, though I didn't go for them, and still wouldn't given a choice.

Thank you, i still cannot see where the 18 inch wheels are standard other than an option.

6 minutes ago, Nismex said:

ST Line X standard 18" wheels.

I'll admit they look nice on 18" wheels but the ride comfort and mpg suffer over the 17" wheels. I would hope they still offer the 17" as an option.?

19 minutes ago, Blatto said:

I'll admit they look nice on 18" wheels but the ride comfort and mpg suffer over the 17" wheels. I would hope they still offer the 17" as an option.?

It’s unlikely they’ll offer them on that trim from factory order, but I’m sure you could buy a set of 17” wheels extra, then sell the 18s. I assume brake calliper clearance wouldn’t be an issue.

Hopefully the wheels will look the part, dealer didn't mention anything about the sound system or the.new keyless entry.

He said it was exactly the same spec as the Mrs's Mk8 with the camera but the only thing he could think was different was the larger wheels.

I am not bothered as would have been happy like for like but just the wheels are a welcome bonus, just confusing how it has the new wheel size without any other standard extras. (If it hasn't) I will soon see.

I noticed in the price lists that the models now have "LED" projector headlamps.

Does this mean Ford has developed it's own H7 LED bulb?

Does anyone have any info on this and whether you could upgrade a Halogen MK8 to LED spec (Plus other H7 cars????)

Thanks

35 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I noticed in the price lists that the models now have "LED" projector headlamps.

Does this mean Ford has developed it's own H7 LED bulb?

Does anyone have any info on this and whether you could upgrade a Halogen MK8 to LED spec (Plus other H7 cars????)

Thanks

Good spot, didn't notice that either.

I think the LED Projector refers to the LED daytime light with a projector Halogen output rather than a reflector as it used to be on the base models. 

don’t think there’s an LED H7 bulb as that would make the LED headlight upgrade unnecessary 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club