Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka 1.3D ABS warning light

Mickthemakem

My son recently bought a 2009 1.3D Ka and it has had a few issues, think the seller saw him coming! It has developed an ABS fault and the warning light has come on, it also displays that the ABS function is not available. The error code is indicating the problem is with the front drivers side. The sensor has been changed, but the error returns. Any ideas what else it could be? It's his first car and he doesn't have a lot of money to spend, can't afford another car and he also doesn't want to "con" anyone by selling it on. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

If it's not the sensor then likely to be the ABS ring instead.  Modern Fords tend to have a magnetic ring built into the wheel bearing but as the Ka is actually a rebranded Fiat 500 I'm not sure if they use the same system or the conventional toothed ring on the driveshaft.

If it's not the ring either then you're looking at wiring or even the ABS module itself.

Abs light is mot failure. But on a car of that age you are allowed in mot rules to remove the abs system. Of course when abs unit is removed you need to join up pipes some how . Not ideal or cheap unless you can do it yourself. And then what will insurance company think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club