Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air filter

Kian mk7

Anyone with a fiesta mk7 know if i can remove the standard manufactured air filter and just put in an aftermarket filter plainly for the noise difference or would it need a full induction kit?

You can replace it with a suitable panel filter. K&N have a catalogue with suitable model numbers. I then purchased mine from eBay. Noise difference isn’t great though, due to the closed airbox. 

I went back to a standard airbox with standard filter from a mountune box with k&n on my 7.5. For me the standard set up is better, as i have the bluefin i found the k&n just wasnt up for the job and the standard filter handles it so much better in the top end. The only thing i kept on was Airtec primary and secondary hoses which do give a throatier noise when planting the foot. The thing i notice now is at 80-100mph, on a private road of course, i have a vibration that you can feel through the steering probably unrelated but just something i noticed from a 500 mile round trip i have just done.

I have messed around with my car all year and what i have found with the mk7.5 fez is they are very finnicky when it comes to the intake system. It certainly isn't a one works for all thing.

• Like 1

Yes you can fit either. I have a K&N panel filter fitted to my 2012 mk7 it's just a straight replacement for the standard type filters

1 hour ago, LesPes said:

I went back to a standard airbox with standard filter from a mountune box with k&n on my 7.5. For me the standard set up is better, as i have the bluefin i found the k&n just wasnt up for the job and the standard filter handles it so much better in the top end. The only thing i kept on was Airtec primary and secondary hoses which do give a throatier noise when planting the foot. The thing i notice now is at 80-100mph, on a private road of course, i have a vibration that you can feel through the steering probably unrelated but just something i noticed from a 500 mile round trip i have just done.

I have messed around with my car all year and what i have found with the mk7.5 fez is they are very finnicky when it comes to the intake system. It certainly isn't a one works for all thing.

Totally agree!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club