Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford releases the new Mustang Mach E all electric car

Stoney871

Yeah I got an email about it.  All the Idrises in the world couldn't make me buy an SUV of any kind, let alone the bulbous ones Ford are churning out.

Don't want a massive Tesla style tablet.  I may have misheard the TV the other day but I'm sure they said you can't even open the glovebox without having to ***** about with the tablet.  

They need to stop fecking about and get hybrid/electric into the Fiesta and Focus.

• Like 1

Looks like an even bigger new Puma/new Kuga to me.

Yeah, I hate those large touchscreens and lack of physical switches too. Due to accident, I have very little sensation in my left hand and fingers - I can cope ok with physical switches and buttons, but a touchscreen is as much use as a chocolate teapot to me, and to many others with similar issues for various reasons.

Talking of the Puma, that is mild hybrid only so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same powertrain appearing in the Fiesta and Focus once they get the Puma launch out of the way.

Oh great, there goes another iconic brand :wallbash:

Why don't they go the whole hog and call it a Mustang RS-Line to hit all the marks?

• Haha 4

I don't get this whole obsession with slapping flat panel TVs on a dash... Why can't we have electric cars with normal dashboards - rotary gauges, physical push buttons for everything, yet with an electric power plant under the hood instead? It's kind of like the 80's futuristic car design fad again, but on steroids this time...

All Ford needed to do is take the Shell of the Mondeo or Mustang and slap an electric engine in it instead...

Sick of this boring SUV fad too - I remember a time when saloons and sports coupes were common place

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Incontro said:

Sick of this boring SUV fad too 

Me too - wouldn't buy this whatever was under the bonnet.

As we've said on here before, when someone produces an electric car that looks normal, with a normal interior, a normal range, that can be recharged in a similar time to fuelling an i/c engined car (paying by card in the normal way without needing subscriptions to several charging networks), all for a similar price to an equivalent i/c car, I'll be interested.

That said, from what I've seen so far, the VW ID 3 is getting pretty near.

• Like 1

How does the AC work in electric cars without front grills?  Where does the condenser go? :unsure:

I actually don't mind this aesthetically, but it's not a Mustang.  Does it cost more to make new names or something?  There must be plenty to chose from despite Ford sticking with the same old ones for completely different models...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does it cost more to make new names or something?  

That's a thought! I guess it probably does incur a fair bit of cost in registering a new name rather than re-using one from your existing catalogue.

In a similar vein, I was amused to read that Land Rover have been trying (without success so far) to retrospectively copyright the shape of the old LR Defender they stopped making over 3 years ago. Apparently the Grenadier project of Jim Radcliffe of Ineos is based on a similar shape which they don't want him to use. (Can't see why they're bothered if they don't want to make it any more, and if you're going to make a "proper" working 4x4 instead of a Chelsea tractor its gonna end up looking something like that anyway.)

• Like 1

40k cheapest, 60k top end.  You can get the Audi e-tron for that.  Suburbia wants the Audi.

• Like 2

Yes, if you must have one of these things the Audi looks a lot more like  £60k+'s worth to me, lot nicer inside as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at a launch event of the Mach-E earlier in the week if anyone would like to see more of the mach-e? 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the video. Not my cup of tea as per my comments earlier in the thread. They've managed to include the feature I dislike most about Teslas - the giant touchscreen - but unlike that there are at least there at least some seperate instruments and even the odd switch!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 6:25 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Thanks for posting the video. Not my cup of tea as per my comments earlier in the thread. They've managed to include the feature I dislike most about Teslas - the giant touchscreen - but unlike that there are at least there at least some seperate instruments and even the odd switch!

No worries, yeah I feel the screen size shouldn't be a selling point. It should focus on function 🙂

• 4 months later...

Now THIS is looking more interesting...

(It's still fat though)

• 3 months later...

If there was one badge I thought would be safe from the SUV its Mustang. Almost as embarrassing as the Aston Martin hatchback baby swan thing

On 11/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, TomsFocus said:

How does the AC work in electric cars without front grills?  Where does the condenser go? :unsure:

I actually don't mind this aesthetically, but it's not a Mustang.  Does it cost more to make new names or something?  There must be plenty to chose from despite Ford sticking with the same old ones for completely different models...

I may have misheard the TV the other day but I'm sure they said you can't even open the glovebox

• 7 months later...

This car shifts, I am not joking.

It can go from 0 to 60 in 2,8 seconds, must drain the battery though hahahaha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club