Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H&R 50mm lowering spring pro's and cons?

Conor_mk7
聽Share

Wanting to lower my red edition to tide me over until I get airride end of next year but don't want coil overs (owned a slammed mk1 mx5 before this and I ruined the underside馃ぃ) the standard setup is very good looking on the red editions but I want it lower, just to get rid of the arch gap.聽

What stress do lowering springs put on the standard shocks and bump stops?聽

Is the ride better than coil overs?聽

Does anyone have any photos of their fiestas on 50mm springs?聽

Lowering 50mm on standard dampers is a bad idea, ideally you would or should fitted appreciate shortened damps and that level.聽 Best bet to stick with standard dampers and 35mm lowering springs like Eibach pro line of springs.

2 hours ago, Gaskell71 said:

Lowering 50mm on standard dampers is a bad idea, ideally you would or should fitted appreciate shortened damps and that level.聽 Best bet to stick with standard dampers and 35mm lowering springs like eibach pro line of springs.

Okay can you recommend some dampers to look at? If I'm having to buy dampers I may as well get coil overs maybe? Or rock the 35mm for ease.聽

I've also just seen Eibach red line springs that lower front by 35mm - 40mm and lower rear by 40mm - 45mm, these look good and I know Eibach springs are designed for standard shocks. Although it does say the springs are for st180 and st200's but I doubt that makes a difference.聽

Been looking around for you on the Bilstein B12 kit, and your looking at 拢800 excluding fitting and to be honest with you Conner_mk7 would a waste since your planning to change to coil-overs soon anyway.聽 So me personally would keep to standard and save enough unt you can go straight to the coil-overs.聽 Enjoy, I hear good things about the KW kits.

1 hour ago, Conor_mk7 said:

I've also just seen eibach red line springs that lower front by 35mm - 40mm and lower rear by 40mm - 45mm, these look good and I know eibach springs are designed for standard shocks. Although it does say the springs are for st180 and st200's but I doubt that makes a difference.聽

It makes a huge difference, the STs have a much heavier 1.6 engine, the 1.0 barely weighs anything so you wouldn't get anywhere near the same drop.

Personally I'd go with the 35s, you can keep standard shocks and they'll be easy to sell on when you get air.

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It makes a huge difference, the STs have a much heavier 1.6 engine, the 1.0 barely weighs anything so you wouldn't get anywhere near the same drop.

Personally I'd go with the 35s, you can keep standard shocks and they'll be easy to sell on when you get air.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking bud! I know a guy local selling 35mm springs local, but he owns an St will I have the same problem with them?聽

48 minutes ago, Gaskell71 said:

Been looking around for you on the Bilstein B12 kit, and your looking at 拢800 excluding fitting and to be honest with you Conner_mk7 would a waste since your planning to change to coil-overs soon anyway.聽 So me personally would keep to standard and save enough unt you can go straight to the coil-overs.聽 Enjoy, I hear good things about the KW kits.

Thank you for the info I think I'll go with the 35mm option until I get air at the end of next year

13 hours ago, Conor_mk7 said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking bud! I know a guy local selling 35mm springs local, but he owns an St will I have the same problem with them?聽

Yeah, the fronts won't be as low on yours as they are on his.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club