Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What battery do you have? Mk7s

BP2411
聽Share

Hello everyone, bit of a random one I'll admit, my cars been playing up lately so used the eBay 20% off code to pick up a battery from euros eBay store, checked the reg on their site first then found the same battery on eBay, it's a varta silver 075, it's arrived today but is way smaller physically than what's currently in the car and has lower power ratings too (the original is聽70Ah & 650A vs 61Ah & 600A) so what's going on people or am I just too tired today 馃槀

I'm not sure about the battery itself without knowing what engine you have.

However, the eBay 20% codes on selected sellers are a load of crap. They just inflate the prices by that amount in the days running up to the code to make it seem like you're saving loads of money. You can probably get a Bosch S4 075 for 拢60.

I've had my eye on a battery for a while now and it was the lowest I'd seen in a long time, 拢50 with 5 year warranty, it's a varta silver 075 but my car has a 100 in it currently, it's a 1.4 tdi 2009.

where you put 600A that is also sometimes stated as CCA (cold cranking amps). That's the current it can give all in one go to start the car. It is important for this figure to be high on diesels. Diesels need more electric power to crank the engine as the compression ratio is higher then petrol engines, also at the same time, the glow plugs are on and they used lots of current also. 600 CCA is reasonably high, I reckon it will be OK for your needs as long as you can fix the battery in properly (I do not know what the fixings are like on your car) and as long as the battery terminals are in same corners to match yours and as long as you are not using it in Siberia.

It's about 40mm too small & the bracket doesn't hold it in place, I could put a piece of wood in the tray to stop it sliding but surely somethings wrong here 馃槀

IMG_20191118_165002.jpg

Isn't there another bolt hole a few cm further in that you can use instead? There are normally different holes to allow for the various batteries that are used in that model's range.

2 hours ago, BP2411 said:

It's about 40mm too small & the bracket doesn't hold it in place, I could put a piece of wood in the tray to stop it sliding but surely somethings wrong here 馃槀

IMG_20191118_165002.jpg

Clearly you have bought the wrong size battery.You should be buying a battery with the correct dimensions.Generally the bigger the battery the higher the specification (CAA聽and AH rating)馃憤

2 hours ago, AndyDC said:

Isn't there another bolt hole a few cm further in that you can use instead? There are normally different holes to allow for the various batteries that are used in that model's range.

No, which is strange cause that battery is what's recommended online and euro & cp4l both bring up 075 batteries off my reg.聽

2 hours ago, williamweb said:

Clearly you have bought the wrong size battery.You should be buying a battery with the correct dimensions.Generally the bigger the battery the higher the specification (CAA聽and AH rating)馃憤

I stupidly trusted euro & cp4l to find the right battery off my reg. Hopefully I can contact eBay and they'll let me return it to a store rather than have to post it back.聽

it's all a bit of hassle , is the height the same or does it not reach the bar that聽bolts down across the top?

If I was in your position and the height is right and the cables reach correctly I would probably shove a bit of wood down there,聽At the back end , not the front end.聽

i know it's not right but it's easier.

I've taken the 075 back & I'm collecting a 100 tomorrow, the guy in euro was reluctant to "let me" order a 100 cause the system said 075 but it's a 100 in their & the dimensions match.聽

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BP2411 said:

I've taken the 075 back & I'm collecting a 100 tomorrow, the guy in euro was reluctant to "let me" order a 100 cause the system said 075 but it's a 100 in their & the dimensions match.聽

Probably a higher spec battery than the 075 as well馃憤

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club