Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Tdci Ford Focus Paint Code Help

conman

Hi all,

I have a 2001 Ford Focus TDCI(UK Model) and the paint code says H8, Its blue and everytime I search online I come up with Amparo Blue or State Blue. I bought a can off State blue and looks a bit dark but maybe because the rest off the car would be sun worn.

Can anyone bearify what this code actually is, really frying my head now :)

OK, I just went on ahead and painted my new wing State blue and looks ok. Was a bit unsure, but after I wet sanded the last coat and applied the clear coat it looks pretty close:)

Was wondering if anyone knows how long after clear coat is applied would I be able to fit the new wing to the car? The old one is a real eye sore.

I would leave it as long as possible to cure, give it plenty heat.

personally given the weather right now ide leave it in the house near a radiator not right up against it though and give it 3 or 4 days before fitting it its easies to waxoyl/underseal it a day before fitting it also get a tin and hand brush it on the rear of the wing and above the arch lip leave it for a day and then refit the wing the waxoyl/underseal will help stop the old rust

Ok guys, have it in a small box room with good heat from yesterday, so will leave alone until Monday or Tuesday. I bought some Autogylm Super Resin so I'll give it a wash and then rub the resin into it the night before fitting, plus I'll look for some off that waxoyl/underseal. I also bought some rubing compound to do the rest off the car, should I use it on the new paint wing or leave well alone?

Sorry for daft questions, just dont want to mess it up, took me 3 days to sand, prime, paint and clear coat and pleased with the results so far. I was just going to rub the compound all over the car to bring the paint work up as its dull and very patchy looking when washed and then just polish is over with the resin.

Cheers :)

I would avoid doing anything to it (Polish, Wax) for a good 4/5 months at least.

Ok, I'll give it light wash just to take off any residue and fit it next week sometime, thats if we get any half decent weather...lol. Then in a few months I'll just give the car a complete overall polish and wax.

This is how it turn out, have to at least show someone....lol :)

02.jpg

Thanks guys for all your help, really appre'ed.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club