Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST-Line Remap

Bailey5776

Hello, 

I've recently bought a Fiesta ST-line 100BHP and i'm thinking about remapping it.

I want to chip it because i want to save my warranty, so i've been looking at the TDI tuning boxes. 

The difference between the 100BHP and the 125BHP is just a remap i believe so does that mean i could buy the 125bhp tuning box. 

I have attached links to the website for for both tuning boxes.

Thank you.

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/ford/fiesta/10-ecoboost-123-bhp-125-ps-92-kw-200-nm-148-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/ford/fiesta/10-ecoboost-99-bhp-100-ps-74-kw-170-nm-125-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

I'm not saying those boxes are bad, but the likes of bluefin, superchips, pumaspeed and mountune are much more popular/ tried and tested remaps.

• Like 1

Brilliant thank you, I’ve had a look the bluefin chips  and they perform a lot better than the TDI ones. Would I need to upgrade anything else with them or is it fine with everything stock? Also will this void my warranty and am I able to put it back to stock if I need to? Sorry for novice questions.

1 hour ago, Bailey5776 said:

Brilliant thank you, I’ve had a look the bluefin chips  and they perform a lot better than the TDI ones. Would I need to upgrade anything else with them or is it fine with everything stock? Also will this void my warranty and am I able to put it back to stock if I need to? Sorry for novice questions.

also The TDI tuning box claims to be undetectable and easy to revert, I just want to know if I can use the 125bhp tuning box on the 100bhp since they’re the same engine and turbo.

sorry again for the questions.

cheers.

6 hours ago, Bailey5776 said:

I just want to know if I can use the 125bhp tuning box on the 100bhp since they’re the same engine and turbo.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but presumably if the one box/tune gave the same final result in both variants, the supplier would only offer the one. Might be worth asking the supplier directly on that one.

On detectability, there was much debate about this on various VW/Audi forums some time ago. Although these devices leave no physical trace once removed they send signals to increase fuelling/boost etc which can be recorded by the ecu even if not flagged up as a fault at the time and apparently could be detected in the event of a warranty problem, if someone looked hard enough. VW apparently did, which is what put me off buying one for the in-warranty Audi I had at the time.

I would expect Ford systems to be similar.

TDI just got back to me saying that apparently the settings differ for the 125bhp box so it wouldn’t work.

it seems quite risky tbf but it also depends how long that data is stored for?

4 minutes ago, Bailey5776 said:

TDI just got back to me saying that apparently the settings differ for the 125bhp box so it wouldn’t work.

it seems quite risky tbf but it also depends how long that data is stored for? 

Some of our resident electronics geniuses will know far better, but my impression is that once the data is in there, it stays.

On the bluefin website it’s states that it can be removed and reversed, it’s not detectable apparently. They also boast that it can improve perform by 46bhp

Bluefin can be removed and reinstalled. I take mine off each service. It does clock somewhere as an ECU remap but it apparently needs deep diagnostics to detect this, and they can’t tell what the remap was, only that it’s had one. Bluefin used to warranty engines if factory warranty was voided. You’d need to check their website to see if they still offer this.

As far as I know tuning boxes just artificially fool the map into overfuelling, so aren’t the best way to get performance from your engine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

. Bluefin used to warranty engines if factory warranty was voided. You’d need to check their website to see if they still offer this.

Yes, they still do.

https://www.mybluefin.co.uk/s/bluefin-warranty

3 hours ago, Bailey5776 said:

On the bluefin website it’s states that it can be removed and reversed, it’s not detectable apparently. They also boast that it can improve perform by 46bhp

I have a "RACECHIP" for the 1.0 Ecoboost sitting in my garage if you're interested

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

I have a "RACECHIP" for the 1.0 Ecoboost sitting in my garage if you're interested

Thank you but I think I’d rather buy one brand new from the retailer. 

4 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Bluefin can be removed and reinstalled. I take mine off each service. It does clock somewhere as an ECU remap but it apparently needs deep diagnostics to detect this, and they can’t tell what the remap was, only that it’s had one. Bluefin used to warranty engines if factory warranty was voided. You’d need to check their website to see if they still offer this.

As far as I know tuning boxes just artificially fool the map into overfuelling, so aren’t the best way to get performance from your engine. 

That’s brilliant, think I might go with the option then since they will warranty the engine. If I can take it off hopefully they won’t dig too deep into it and find the remap. 

Other points in favour of Bluefin are that the post remap figures are higher (about 155ps) and cost is about £40 lower than the TDI box with the offer they have on at present. 

The main problem reported on here with remapped Fiesta ecoboosts has been gearbox issues with the previous 5 speed manual which has given trouble even on a standard 140. The 6 speed on the current Mk 8 has a higher torque capacity and no reports of issues so far, afaik. Pumaspeed  have taken a Mk 7.5 1.0 over 200ps with standard engine internals.They claim to have had no problems with the engine, but admit that the 'box was wilting somewhat!

13 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Other points in favour of Bluefin are that the post remap figures are higher (about 155ps) and cost is about £40 lower than the TDI box with the offer they have on at present. 

The main problem reported on here with remapped Fiesta ecoboosts has been gearbox issues with the previous 5 speed manual which has given trouble even on a standard 140. The 6 speed on the current Mk 8 has a higher torque capacity and no reports of issues so far, afaik. Pumaspeed  have taken a Mk 7.5 1.0 over 200ps with standard engine internals.They claim to have had no problems with the engine, but admit that the 'box was wilting somewhat!

200bhp out of a 1.0L is insane, would never take it that high just leave it at 155ps and take it out when it goes for a service. The bluefin seems like the best way to go I think. 

Also look at Revo. They have a removeable option also, as well as further stages. Not sure about their engine warranty. You’d need to ask. 

I was looking into blue fin for mine. But my insurance premium rises by like a grand if i do it...

3 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Also look at Revo. They have a removeable option also, as well as further stages. Not sure about their engine warranty. You’d need to ask. 

I like Revo stuff but unfortunately they don't have an option for the 100PS 'Euro 6.2' engine, which what I'm assuming is the newest version with the particulate filter like mine has, so that only really left Bluefin.

1 hour ago, Daggerit said:

I like Revo stuff but unfortunately they don't have an option for the 100PS 'Euro 6.2' engine, which what I'm assuming is the newest version with the particulate filter like mine has, so that only really left Bluefin.

Are you running the Bluefin now then?

1 hour ago, Daggerit said:

I like Revo stuff but unfortunately they don't have an option for the 100PS 'Euro 6.2' engine

There is an option for the Euro 6.2 100/125/140, but it is shown as "in development" at present.

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

There is an option for the Euro 6.2 100/125/140, but it is shown as "in development" at present.

Im probably going to wait for the revo one to get developed, since you can change between stock and 2 performance options.

34 minutes ago, Bailey5776 said:

Are you running the Bluefin now then?

Yes I am.  Can't fault it so far as it's decent power and you can drop back to stock whenever needed.

As Eric said, Revo have it shown as 'In Development' but sometimes that can be months.  Or in the case of my last car, an Audi S4, it was about two years it showed as being in development.  Lol.

• Like 1

I was considering a Revo remap for my previous SEAT. As Dan mentions, from what I remember from lurking on the various VW group forums, "in development" can take quite a while.

Again, iirc, they offer a "money back" guarantee if you're not happy with the software but I don't recall them offering the same sort of warranty as Superchips? 

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was considering a Revo remap for my previous SEAT. As Dan mentions, from what I remember from lurking on the various VW group forums, "in development" can take quite a while.

Again, iirc, they offer a "money back" guarantee if you're not happy with the software but I don't recall them offering the same sort of warranty as Superchips? 

As far as I can make out, they will basically cover anything for 12 months or 30k miles that is due to their device and that Ford won't honour as a result.

https://www.mybluefin.co.uk/s/bluefin-warranty

Not too bad if that's the case (as long as it breaks in that period of time/distance!).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club