Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 1.5 ecoblue mpg

Remy

I'm averaging 54-57MPG now, 9,000 miles in. Motorway and urban driving

It was worryingly low for the first couple of thousand miles, but is getting better now 

Personally I'm getting 61MPG motorway and urban driving, and as Dave says it does seem to be getting a little better with more miles on the clock

2 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Personally I'm getting 61MPG motorway and urban driving, and as Dave says it does seem to be getting a little better with more miles on the clock

I only use sport mode BTW 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

I only use sport mode BTW 

Quite right

unfortunately sport mode on the petrol 182 is like throwing 5 pound notes out the window

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, Alex.S said:

Quite right

unfortunately sport mode on the petrol 182 is like throwing 5 pound notes out the window

But it isn't half good fun...

• Like 1

When I really focus on MPG my 1.6 TDCI MK2.5 Focus can get just over 80mpg, what's the best you can force one of these new Focus to do? 

Ah sure who needs a new Focus when your car can do this🤣. It might of been over reading slightly ha. 

Screenshot_20191121-184249_Gallery.jpg

6k on the clock at its averaging 59 not many long runs done but the last one to Filey and back which was a round trip of 160 miles came back at 67mpg.

7 minutes ago, Wino said:

6k on the clock at its averaging 59 not many long runs done but the last one to Filey and back which was a round trip of 160 miles came back at 67mpg.

That's not bad. I'm probably going to upgrade to the mk4 Focus next year. I'm likely to get the 1 litre EcoBoost but I have gotten so used to diesel mpg, so I don't know ha. 

6 minutes ago, James said:

That's not bad. I'm probably going to upgrade to the mk4 Focus next year. I'm likely to get the 1 litre EcoBoost but I have gotten so used to diesel mpg, so I don't know ha. 

We toyed with the same idea tbh but stuck with the Diesel in the end and after reading some of the posts/ Threads on here about the petrol mpg were glad we did.

24 minutes ago, Wino said:

We toyed with the same idea tbh but stuck with the Diesel in the end and after reading some of the posts/ Threads on here about the petrol mpg were glad we did.

Fair enough. I'm hoping due to the lower weight of the mk4 the 1 litre EcoBoost will suffice. Dissapointed that the multi link rear suspension is not there on the lower sized engines though.

1 hour ago, James said:

Fair enough. I'm hoping due to the lower weight of the mk4 the 1 litre EcoBoost will suffice. Dissapointed that the multi link rear suspension is not there on the lower sized engines though.

They’ve removed it from most of the bigger engines too. 🤬

38 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

They’ve removed it from most of the bigger engines too. 🤬

That is lousy by Ford alright. This is what happens when you give the Accountants to much power ha. 

• 4 months later...

Hi guys new to the forum!! Picked up a almost new focus 1.5 eco boost with 2500 on the clock, I’m currently only getting 32mpg and 50mpg on a long run (pre lock down) I’m hoping looking at these figures that once I hit 9k+ it’ll ease into better mpg? 

13 hours ago, Richard_jackson90 said:

Hi guys new to the forum!! Picked up a almost new focus 1.5 eco boost with 2500 on the clock, I’m currently only getting 32mpg and 50mpg on a long run (pre lock down) I’m hoping looking at these figures that once I hit 9k+ it’ll ease into better mpg? 

I’m getting combined 30mpg . I don't do much motorway driving but best I’ve had was high 40s . 7000 miles 

17 hours ago, Richard_jackson90 said:

42.5 mpg over the last 4000 miles for my manual 150 bhp MK4, That is with a lot of short town driving and a Motorway run at lest once per week.

On a longer run it will be a  bit above 50 mpg, the town driving brings the average down.

I'm not sure if the petrol engine fuel consumption will improve over time in the same way as the diesel does, but it is bound to get better as the weather warms up.

To get the most benefit from the Cylinder Deactivation on these engines you need to keep  light and steady pressure on the accelerator pedal because as soon as you squeeze it slightly it will go back to 3 cylinders until you ease back again. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club