Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Project - Help needed to upgrade to SYNC 3 from BT/VC non-SYNC

JPW

Yes you need to click write to write the loaded data to the module. I think you need to make the changes in focccus ( can also be done in forscan now ) for bluetooth to work and also fully test everything else. 

1 hour ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Yes you need to click write to write the loaded data to the module. I think you need to make the changes in focccus ( can also be done in forscan now ) for Bluetooth to work and also fully test everything else. 

Will do. So in answer to the original question, yes, it is possible to upgrade the BTVC (non-SYNC) to SYNC3 directly!

I was surprised that my original steering wheel volume up/down and track back/forward also worked straight away. I have the older one where this stalk is below the right side buttons with green/red call buttons)

Can you load the as data direct in Focccus now?

Thanks,

James

Glad to see you got this working. I have a 2011 focus with the same Sony radio unit but I decided to stay with it as I missed out on a few good sync3 deals. If I decide to keep the car much longer I may go ahead with the upgrade. 

Did you sort out a switch for the door locking? I had considered an American fascia as they had sync before the door lock button move. 

1901628607_doorlockswitch.thumb.jpg.a5362323209cc72664dc2a4374011f74.jpg

For those who want the door lock switch back i bought these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X-Miniature-push-button-small-switches-momentary-action-solder-tag-push-switch/311784190749?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

All you need to do is add 2 wires to the switch and splice them into the front fascia panel  pins  6 (brown wire) pin 7 (black and white) drill a hole in the lower trim panel and you have your door locking back 🙂 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/uploads/monthly_2018_09/1021977018_doorlockswitch.jpg.6c61479f7d6fc317da655835a770a6a6.jpg

On 11/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, Luke_Anderson said:

Yes you need to click write to write the loaded data to the module. I think you need to make the changes in focccus ( can also be done in forscan now ) for Bluetooth to work and also fully test everything else. 

Ok, so I have an update... it's all installed!

So far I have DAB, NAV, Bluetooth/Voice Control all working. Just need to get my USB hub wiring sorted.

Remaining things if anyone can advise...

1. How do I enable my OEM reverse camera on SYNC 3. Anyone know the programming code for this so I can modify via Focccus or Forscan?

2. When I start the car up, it tells me it isn't enabled for the Emergency Assist feature. I have my phone paired via bluetooth. As above, is there a way to program this to enable?

3. Is there a way to get climate control showing on the SYNC 3 display? I have the dual zone auto climate controls and it used to show up on my old 5" display.

Once fully working I'll create a new thread with the end to end how-to with pictures.

Oh, and the original (older steering wheel) volume control works too! That was one I thought might not, but it does.

Happy days!

Good job. Look forward to reading the final version then I maybe brave enough to give it a go

So I seem to have a random occurrence of the "Navigation not available" error on my SYNC 3. It seems to happen almost 50%. Next time I get in the car, it comes back, and works fine. Next time I get in the car, error again. Anyone had this?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - I've got everything working now. I've been writing the how-to for around 3 days, on and off when time permits. Hoping to publish over the coming days.

Cheers!

As promised, if anyone is interested in SYNC 3 for their 2011 / 12 / 13 Focus I've now created a how to:

Well done on the upgrade. Did you buy the adapter off amazon to do most of your changes ? 

don’t bother with AC controls on the display it doesn’t work correctly so most of us disabled it. 

12 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Well done on the upgrade. Did you buy the adapter off amazon to do most of your changes ? 

don’t bother with AC controls on the display it doesn’t work correctly so most of us disabled it. 

Yep, got the 54-pin SYNC adaptor as my car didnt have this so needed it anyway.

I actually like the climate controls on screen - I disabled dual zone, so in single zone mode, it doesnt matter about it being switched between the passenger/driver side.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club