Do Not Sell My Personal Information

broken window motor cog 3 door 07 reg

the goat

hi folks

the cog on the back of the window motor has snapped can I get just the cog ? if so where and how does it come off the motor shaft ?

its a 3dr 07 reg is that a MK6 ?

(thanks to those who posted how to remove door cards, took the door car off easy),

broken cog 2 (1).jpg

broken cog 2 (2).jpg

I doubt whether you can just replace the cog, you can buy used motors on eBay for as little as £10 (they are obviously side specific) you can fit a motor from 2002-2008 mk6/6.5 models (unsure if the 3 & 5 door ones are the same)

• Like 1

thanks, been looking on eBay,

think i'll go for "new" motor £45 looks like they are refurb ones

Update

hi folks, just an update I could not get the top off the gear pod to release the broken cog, (could have butchered it, but thought NO) just to see if the cog was same as the one that sells on ebay 

so I got the complete unit from here (3 door fiesta) fits a treat, but took 48hrs to arrive not the 24hrs they said

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WINDOW-REGULATOR-MOTOR-FRONT-RIGHT-SIDE-FORD-FIESTA-MK6-3-DOOR-2002-2008/382918556221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2nd update

first remove C clip that holds cog on metal shaft (not shown on photos) its just inside top of blue cog

I forced the lid off with flat screwdiver, it holds in to the lip in the base (good view off lip in top right of base jpg)

the cog is 50mm wide, its driven by the 3 lugs on white drive fitting into the black drive gear

on eBay they sell these £4-5 FORD FIESTA FUSION 2/3 DOOR KA COURIER - FIAT STILO WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR GEAR  don't know if they are the right ones but worth a try if your window is up so you can use car with out worry about rain or car being stolen, my lads window was down and I never tried to lift it up incase that caused issue with any stops/limiters on the window regulater

hope this can help others

1.JPG

base.JPG

cog dia.JPG

cog top.JPG

drive view.JPG

lid.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, the goat said:

2nd update

first remove C clip that holds cog on metal shaft (not shown on photos) its just inside top of blue cog

I forced the lid off with flat screwdiver, it holds in to the lip in the base (good view off lip in top right of base jpg)

the cog is 50mm wide, its driven by the 3 lugs on white drive fitting into the black drive gear

on ebay they sell these £4-5 FORD FIESTA FUSION 2/3 DOOR KA COURIER - FIAT STILO WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR GEAR  don't know if they are the right ones but worth a try if your window is up so you can use car with out worry about rain or car being stolen, my lads window was down and I never tried to lift it up incase that caused issue with any stops/limiters on the window regulater

hope this can help others

1.JPG

base.JPG

cog dia.JPG

cog top.JPG

drive view.JPG

lid.JPG

Hello the goat, your posts have been really helpful in diagnosing the same problem with my mrs' fiesta, thanks!  

I was wondering how you remove the c clip that holds the cog to the shaft. The raised wall of the cog is stopping me getting a good grip on it.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Great thread. Many thanks for all the information. 
Have just replaced the cog using one from eBay (from the thread above), and I now have a fully functioning electric window!

Thanks again! 

What causes the cog to break?, is it opening the windows when frozen?

I accidentally went to open my windows this week....then wished I hadn't:-( luckily didn't break, but its hard to shake off those care free company car driver habits  now I have bought my own 🙂

• 6 months later...

Certainly not frozen when it happened to me on the driver's door last week !  2007 Fiesta Zetec S.

Advice from a local garage was that the grease on the runners harden with time, making it stiff to move, and that causes the cog to shear.  So doing mine, I took off the inner panel, cleaned up the runners and rebuilt it.  A bit of a saga, but subjectively the driver's window now moves more smoothly than the passenger window.  Removing the loudspeaker gives you better access to the front runner to unclip the window.  rear runner is only accessible through the small hole.

If you just remove the motor, there is some resistance to re-engaging the £5.00 cog, with the loudspeaker out you can get your hand behind it and hold the mechanism firm.

Should you visit your Ford dealer to purchase a replacement motor...........   Now you buy the motor, with a splined drive and regulator mechanism to match and it would cost you about a monkey................

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club