Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Led Brake Light

pumalady

Hi all,

New to the forum, so hi all.

My wife has a 10 year old Puma Black, owned from new, <40k miles and a great car that has been very reliable. She can't find another car that she want's to replace it with! However, it does have one problem she wants me to fix. The centre high level brake light stopped working a couple of years ago.

I have checked that I do get a 12v signal at the brass spring loaded connector to the boot lid when the pedal is pressed so the circuit is good to that point. I have cleaned these terminals so it is not just dirt. Having taken the trim off I do not get 12v at the led unit.

My question is: Is there a control unit separate to the LED unit or does the 12v go direct to the LED unit? If there is not I will check further to find where I have an open circuit or maybe I can run a new feed past the boot hinges and connect direct into the brake light circuit.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

a couple of years ago :huh: should have failed an mot years ago then... if a centre brake light is fitted it must work...

a couple of years ago :huh: should have failed an mot years ago then... if a centre brake light is fitted it must work...

Not if it's disconnected and you have two working ones.

Vehicles first used on or after 1 January 1971 must be fitted with at least two obligatory stop lamps.

Additional stop lamps

Any additional stop lamps fitted and connected must be tested. Where extra lamps are fitted and there is doubt as to whether they are connected, the benefit of this doubt should be given to the presenter

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club