Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car wont start after choke removal. Help please.

cvh_muscle

Hello, i want to thank you all for the contents in this forum. I need advice:

I own a Ford Orion 1.6 cvh '90 with a Weber TLDM 28/32. After doing a complete restoration of the carb, everything was working fine, except from the autochoke (water choke), that was broken in the housing and the spring wasnt working ok.

I've already wanted to get rid of it because i live in a warm climate and there were idle issues with it activated. So i removed it, and i covered the hole in the carb body that was for the vacuum pulloff of the choke. I also installed a new manifold to carb base gasket

(the same as the original, with two paper gaskets, one in each side), after realizing that the original didnt have the paper ones. The problem is that now the car won't start. I changed the battery because the older was discharged and installed a new set of spark plug wires. So i wanted to ask you if there is something to be made after removing the autochoke, because i fear i'm missing something. All the hoses are fitted, and i also removed one of the two hoses that came to the water-choke, the one that connected the choke housing with the manifold, and connecting the other one directly to the manifold port. Thank you.

Sorry, i forgot to mention one detail, if it helps: the first tim i tried to start the car, it worked, but as soon as i removed the foot from the gas pedal, the pm came down and the engine died, so there was no idle. I tried to turn the idle speed screw in, and since that, the car wont start anymore.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club