Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Body panel alignment

DavidG
聽Share

Hi,

i am struggling to align hood with N/S headlight and O/S bumper. Any ideas? Tried play with hood latches , seems one side its ok but other side just too big gaps..

Got pictures but here only upload up to 2mb?馃憖

thank you All

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DavidG said:

Hi,

i am struggling to align hood with N/S headlight and O/S bumper. Any ideas? Tried play with hood latches , seems one side its ok but other side just too big gaps..

Got pictures but here only upload up to 2mb?馃憖

thank you All

Widen the gap to match the other side, two wide gaps better than one narrow and one wide 馃榿馃榿 you reminded me when I got mine new, the gap between the hood and the two fenders were not equal with noticable difference, the dealer adjusted it by unscrewing the fender, moving it a little bit inside, and screw it in聽once聽again, actually I鈥檓 surprised how a german made car can have these assembly misalignments , something you can rarely find in a Japanese or even聽a Korean car, german made cars were always聽reputable in assembly specifically.聽

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavidG said:

i am struggling to align hood with N/S headlight and O/S bumper.

Bit puzzled here - your profile gives year of car as 2019 but picture shows a pre-facelift聽Mk 7 that looks as if it may have had a bump?

• Like 1

I've come across this before on the mk7. It's very hard to get the bonnet, bumper and headlight lined up properly. From my experience, when it gets a front end bump, the bumper gets replaced but the bonnet is just left as it is because it starts getting expensive replacing it. Either the bonnet is buckled or the headlight bracket needs a bit of modifying.

Need more pics to see the whole problem really ? Side views ? Whole front view ?