Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 1.5 noisy tappets??

Jay035

Mk4 1.5 ecoboost in auto 

Has anyone notice clicky/tappy noise from engine between 2500rpm to about 3500rpm? Gets faster as I rev or drive spirtitedly 

Is this normal? Someone mentioned its the high pressure fuel system 

Cool it's rather noisy definitely reminds me of tappet noise on older engines maybe it's the design and characteristic of ford engines 

It is just a characteristic of a direct injected petrol engine. Basically every direct injected petrol engine has this. Most direct injected petrol engines have a sound insulated cover to reduce the noise of the fuel injectors. 

Thanks guys I learn something new everyday. I'm starting to show my age 

It’s probably more noticeable as it’s also got port injectors so it’s really quiet at idle, compared to previous ecoboosts with only DI that are noisy all the time. 

Ahh i see, because the mk4 is port and DI does build carbon on the injectors like the DI only engines? 

Il refrain from adding a catch can at this point il use a boroscope once it's done some miles 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club