Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0L Focus STLine 125/140 or 1.5L EcoBoost?

LeonParry

Hi All

I am looking to purchase a new car (2016-2017ish), which of the models should I look to pick up? How does the 1.0L 140 compare to the 1.5L 150? Should I forget about the 1.0L 125? I really like the STLines. How does the petrol compare to the diesel?

I'm also open to picking up another Fiesta, possibly an ST. 

Regards

Leon

• Like 1

Hi Leon 

My first focus in 2017 was an 1.0 ecoboost. 
They are great on fuel but can be frustrating to drive, when you accelerate it feels a bit flat and sluggish until the ecoboost kicks in. Needless to say i swapped it for a bigger engine pretty quickly. I probably jumped too far and went for a focus ST which i dont regret but the 1.5 would have been suitable. I fell in love with the ST on a test drive. Bought the 2017 model (not sure what mark thats classed as but it was the ST-2). I picked up the new 2019 focus st last weekend. Even though the previous one i loved the new one feels better on so many levels. The upgrades and improvements especially on technology was very surprising. It depends what your after really do you like to have a car with a bit more power or is it more just getting from A to B as cost effective as possible? I have always bought petrols and was advised on this recent purchase to avoid diesels by the reps at ford because of the possible penalties which might come into force in future. 
When you say you are open to a focus or a fiesta do you have a family? Just thinking of the size for you after recently driving both a fiesta and focus at my local ford dealers. I like the focus ST lines they look nice. My friend has recently got one. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club