Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting parking sensors to MK7

omie

Hi I have just got a 2016 Fiesta and want to fit some parking sensors, but thought I'd look for some advise first.

I like the look of the totally flush cobra R394 sensors and the similar Steelmate set, however it seems because the bumper is curved, these would have to be fitted just above the reflectors. Anyone had these fitted and got an opinion on best make, if they are good or any photos of Fiesta's with them fitted?

My husband really wanted to put the sensors in the factory fit position but there doesn't seem to be many that can be fitted that low and they seem to need to have a curved cover on them. I want to buy a good quality set rather than a cheap set that might not last.

Also we are a bit nervous about taking the bumper off, any advise?

Thanks

I fitted a set of Dolphin reversing sensors to my '57 plate Fiesta - they can come colour coded, and seem to be of good quality.  Working very well. Also come in two sizes.

As for removing bumper, a Haynes Manual is a good start, but you will probably find something on utube.  Factory fit position may be already marked for drilling on the back - without using these, getting symmetry my be fun on a curved surface.

Removing the bumper can be nerve racking at times and hate the plastic clips that hold the sides in place!

Have you hit anything yet ? I wanted sensors just for the sake of having them but decided it's just not worth the hassle.

What about a camera instead ? these are super cool and one of the number plate lights is replaced with a camera and the screen option can be from a tiny screen that fits in the hole neatly just in front of the gear lever or the rear view mirror is replaced, a mate fitted a camera & screen and it cost him about £30 from china.

Becareful when removing the rear side clips or they will break and then you're bumper cover won't stay flush to the sides of the rear quarters. You can replace the mounting clips pretty easily, they are just riveted in place to the body. The previous owner of my car had a hitch attached by some fly by night and they totally did it all wrong and broke both clips on both sides bleh. Just take your time. 🙂

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't had an accident but the car did get bumped by another car and the rear reflector is broken, so we need to take the bumper off to fix that and thought we'd do sensors at the same time. I'm used to sensors in our other car and I like them. Would like a camera as an extra too but not sure my husband would let me, and it looks like there is more wiring involved with them.

• Like 1

"Bumped by another car"

When I was  fitting mine, I was tempted to design a circuit, so that when the ignition was "Off", the sensors were still powered, but would toot the horn instead !

Only snag being that a dog walking past the rear of the car would set it off !  Might stop it peeing over the wheels though !

it was actually my husband manoeuvring out the bigger car around it on the driveway and bumped it, but not a mark on the big car.

• 1 month later...

Well we did it. Used the Steelmate sensors and they look great. Some of the clips on the bumper brackets did unfortunately break off, but we used gorilla super glue and waited 24 hours and it all clipped back together perfectly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club