Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Thats not what they told me. They've said Map update is due but they cannot give a date due to current climate. I have an escalated case number and get weekly updates from them.

Thanks

perhaps you can share the updates when provided. 

Thought I would ask Ford direct for an update......

was it such a difficult question that required this amount of detail?

Please could you confirm if you are the registered owner of the vehicle?
Please can you provide the vehicle registration?
Do you lease the vehicle? If so through which company?
Please can you provide a copy of your V5 document for our records?
Do you use your vehicle for business purposes?
Current vehicle mileage?
Has this issue been looked at or booked into a Ford Dealership? If so when and where?
Did you purchase this vehicle new or used?
When and where did you purchase the vehicle?
Has the vehicle been serviced to schedule?
Do you normally use a Ford Dealership for servicing?
If yes, please specify which Ford Dealership.
Have you had any Ford vehicles prior to this one? If so how many new or used?
Please provide your full postal address?

I had already initially given them the VIN but they kept asking me all that as well so I asked them why they wanted that information about me and my vehicle including the fact that asking for a copy of the V5 could be in breach of  data protection. They said they couldn't answer me without it (sounds a bit jobsworth), so I pointed out that it was irrelevant as the F9 release issue affects every vehicle they have manufactured with Sync3 satnav and not just mine. It was at this point that they enquired with their tech people and gave me the answer I posted earlier. 

My Ford case manager has just contacted me to advise there are no upcoming updates for Sync 3 mapsF7

suggested I contact my local dealer for assistance 😡

Someone's not telling the truth then.This is what they told me a week ago.

"I have spoken to our technical team regarding your issue.  They have advised me that there is a update due to be released.

Unfortunately because of the current situation we do not have a release date.  I will keep in contact yourself and will keep you updated of when this is going to be released."

Thanks. Will be interesting to hear what your next update is?

I noticed that the Ford Update site was giving an error yesterday and still is today!.

We can only hope that means they're putting some new updates up 🙂 but it probably just means its broken🙄

22 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

I noticed that the Ford Update site was giving an error yesterday and still is today!.

We can only hope that means they're putting some new updates up 🙂 but it probably just means its broken🙄

The Ford SYNC update site is a joke.  Had the message system up to date but please try again later for map updates.  This lastest 3 weeks.

Now we have "Looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a few moments".  Pah this few moments is now into day 3.  WHAT A JOKE.

Why can't they just tell us that they have a problem and the site will be down for the next day or week or month?

Rant over!!

Comares2001 any updates from your case manager?

Heard nothing for over week,will Email them for update soon.

Download website now working again but still telling me how pleased I'll be that my maps software is 3 years out of date !

As Ford are so pleased to tell us........

We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC & Maps driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC & Maps to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

periodically means ? 3,4,5 years? 

all in all very poor service from Ford!

I hate the update site when it says you'll be pleased to note you are up to date.
No, I'm not. I want an update, which is why I visit it often.

Once you’ve had a factory-fitted satellite navigation system most people wouldn’t dream of living without one. However, over time, new roads and housing estates are built, road layouts change and businesses move, which means your Sat Nav may become less reliable. Avoid getting lost, frustrated or late and update your Sat Nav software with a map update. 

Mmm it’s a shame Ford Do frustrate customers with the ‘we know nothing’ approach to F7 maps sync 3 updates. 

I’ve taken this up with Ford Executive UK, and have a case number.  My Vignale is half way through an 18 month PCP with Ford Credit, so I’ve raised a case with them, asking either for compensation because I have not got what I’m paying for, or early release because My car is not as described, and as Ford cannot define “periodically” in terms of frequency of map updates, but I am committed to making exactly defined payments, so the contract I have with them is “unfair”.

Good luck with that. I've done it twice ,currently have a 3rd case number but after being phoned daily with no real update have heard nothing for over 2 weeks. Most I got out of them before was a letter confirming (without prejudice of course) that Ford will pay for the next/1st service as a gesture of goodwill. I know others on here have complained with similar results. As already suggested everyone should complain especially those stuck on F7 maps. 

Sounds good!

have Ford admitted they have a technical issue?

The only time they admitted a technical issue was last year when MY18 vehicles onwards with F7 couldn't download F8. Now that F9 is overdue this issue must be affecting almost every vehicle they have made with Sync3 satnav.

Result!  After dealing with  Ford Credit and a very long phone call today I have been offered a £550 refund to cover my dissatisfaction with the lack of updates!   I’m still awaiting any comeback from Ford Executive.

Ford Credit had been advised that F9 should be available some time in June!

• Like 1

Wow that is impressive!

I will just be happy with an update to F9. 

unfortunately I’m not over confident that Any updates are coming. 

please update us on Ford Exec if you get a reply.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 5:28 PM, matt77303 said:

I've just yesterday upgraded to f9. On my 2006 st3, that I did the unofficial upgrade to 3.4.

I downloaded the files from here...

Matt

What version of sync did you update? Also where did you get the files?

On 6/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, SteveP1041 said:

Result!  After dealing with  Ford Credit and a very long phone call today I have been offered a £550 refund to cover my dissatisfaction with the lack of updates!   I’m still awaiting any comeback from Ford Executive.

Ford Credit had been advised that F9 should be available some time in June!

Having already raised a case with Ford CRC , I think I might also try Ford Credit. I'd forgotten that my car is on a 50% Ford Options credit deal, mainly because I could earn more on the other 50% than Ford credit were charging in interest! I guess that makes Ford Credit liable for the fitness of the vehicle.

5 hours ago, Steveie d said:

What version of sync did you update? Also where did you get the files?

File links are in the description on the YouTube video.

Updated 3.4 20021.

Matt

On 6/9/2020 at 2:00 PM, matt77303 said:

File links are in the description on the YouTube video.

Updated 3.4 20021.

Matt

Cheers Matt, but can these be used on sync 2 systems? How do you create the card? I did it a few years ago and there are some steps but don't remember

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club