Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55
聽Share

Evening everyone. Just registered tonight so my very first post 馃憤
I聽have been following on the internet regarding the F9 Maps saga and聽I picked up my new Focus in March 2020 and is a MY20 car. But it came with F9 from the factory.聽
I鈥檓 hoping it will be out soon for the car.

But I鈥檝e a friend who has just purchased a 2016 SMax聽with聽聽Sync 3 and on maps EU4.14.聽He has just got the vehicle and done the main update for the device and also a 8GB file on maps which were on the Update system. The 8GB I believe was voices as no maps were changed.聽
However now the Ford update system is saying everything is up to date when it鈥檚 clearly not.

Do we think when ford update the servers it will allow the big jump to F9 Maps?

Also do ford take of there old maps on the servers to stop them at least updating to maps F8

It just seems very bizarre in how ford manages Sync Updates.

thanks in advance

Darren

15 hours ago, alexp999 said:

F9 for Sync 3.0 is from April 2019.

At least that's when it was packaged/uploaded. The actual data may be older than that, however I believe the idea is that the 9 of F9 means they are 2019 maps.

So F7 maps are VERY VERY old!

I downloaded the update for my Fiesta last night, haven鈥檛 had time to install it yet. However the date on the files showed 30th June 20, so we鈥檒l see what version we end up on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sitting waiting 1st part installing now so i can switch off and go into garden centre we've driven to.

It's not given me a log file to upload. I'll just need to hope the car does it over WiFi. I'm sure it has before.

20 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

Evening everyone. Just registered tonight so my very first post 馃憤
I聽have been following on the internet regarding the F9 Maps saga and聽I picked up my new Focus in March 2020 and is a MY20 car. But it came with F9 from the factory.聽
I鈥檓 hoping it will be out soon for the car.

But I鈥檝e a friend who has just purchased a 2016 SMax聽with聽聽Sync 3 and on maps EU4.14.聽He has just got the vehicle and done the main update for the device and also a 8GB file on maps which were on the Update system. The 8GB I believe was voices as no maps were changed.聽
However now the Ford update system is saying everything is up to date when it鈥檚 clearly not.

Do we think when ford update the servers it will allow the big jump to F9 Maps?

Also do ford take of there old maps on the servers to stop them at least updating to maps F8

It just seems very bizarre in how ford manages Sync Updates.

thanks in advance

Darren

Sorry. I meant I got F8 maps in my car. Sorry didn鈥檛 see it said F9 at first

I scanned in car for updates which seems to have essentially done my log file, so now getting the 8gb file.

Yes, even though the log file application is included in the update package, it doesnt make the XLS log file on the memory stick, so I downloaded the extra utility off Ford update site to create this log file after the update.

As regards to @Daz-UK - your mates SMAX should be able to update to the latest F9 maps, but not sure if you have to cycle through all the updates.聽 Im presuming it actually is a Sync3 unit, and not a Sync 2 one??

7 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

Yes, even though the log file application is included in the update package, it doesnt make the XLS log file on the memory stick, so I downloaded the extra utility off Ford update site to create this log file after the update.

As regards to @Daz-UK - your mates SMAX should be able to update to the latest F9 maps, but not sure if you have to cycle through all the updates.聽 Im presuming it actually is a Sync3 unit, and not a Sync 2 one??

Yes my friend has Sync 3.聽
has the latest update that he was able to download last week for the device. 19025 I think.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes he does have Sync 3 and was able to update the unit to 19025 and download聽1x 8Gb file which I think is voices for map update.聽
But now it鈥檚 saying it just says up to date.聽
im hoping he can jump from EU4.14 to version F9

My20 plate focus shows with a ! Mark when I check on maps. 聽But has shows that since March to be honest.聽

I seem to be back to the server saying I need a 8.9gb update again.
I already done the 16gb then the 8gb one and car seemingly updated the server to say I was up to date after that. This just appeared this morning on server.
I'll try getting car to search again see if it clears it. Not sure why I even looked.

It can take several days after uploading the log file for it to be registered. When I had this problem once I just kept going on the聽website and telling the server I had completed the update. Eventually it worked.聽

• Like 1

Hi, long time reader, just signed up, Re F9 maps update, I did the 16GB update, then the 8Gb update maps showing as F9 no problems, website showed all up to date,聽like gillyallan I checked again this morning and there is another update of 8.9GB which I am now downloading. 聽NOTE:-聽

16GB 聽file is named Map_16595229754

8Gb 聽 聽file is named Map_8666062409

8.9GB file is named Map_8948362573

As you can see the 8GB and the 8.9 GB are not the same so maybe聽the 8Gb was the wrong one and has now been replaced by the right one.

16 GB is the map

8.9 GB is nav voice.

I don't know about the 8 GB, I'd need to see the contents of the autoinstall.lst (open it with notepad), to know.

8GB autoinstall.lst

; SYNC3 Consumer Application Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205]
Item1 = JR3T-14G422-BD
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BD.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G423-AB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-AB.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

That's nav voice too, but an old one.

As you say, they obviously did the wrong one.

You only need the 16GB and 8.9GB.

The 8.9GB will overwrite that old 8GB nav voice.

Trying to download 8.9 GB file now but Ford's server has stopped responding twice.

That's a pain in the rear if they initially put the wrong one up. Another 30-40 mins wasted. [emoji849]

Same issues re 3 downloads on a Kuga forum I was just viewing, also some reports of loss of voice commands, only option appears to be a Master Reset of Sync3.

Yes, I downloaded and updated the 3rd update (new voice file) and lost the use of voice commands for navigation.聽 As you say @Daveybm the only answer was to do the update and then a master reset and it sorted it all out.

3 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

Yes, I downloaded and updated the 3rd update (new voice file) and lost the use of voice commands for navigation.聽 As you say @Daveybm the only answer was to do the update and then a master reset and it sorted it all out.

A master reset back to factory settings?

Afraid so, and then there鈥檚 also another tiny update!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago,JamboChrissaid:

I'm just about to install update 3 (the 8.9gb one) - how long does this 'tiny' update take to install, I'm getting fed up keep going on long drives to do the install 馃槉

聽12 hours ago,聽聽JamboChris聽said:聽 A master reset back to factory settings?

I'm just about to install update 3 (the 8.9gb one) - how long does this 'tiny' update take to install, I'm getting fed up keep going on long drives to do the install [emoji4]

Welcome to my world, spent nearly all weekend on this, the last update takes about a minute. All in all took about 3 hrs in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

What happens (or is broke) if I leave off the 3rd (8.9gb) update?

Also do u think the 4th tiny update might be a fix to save master reset?

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

What happens (or is broke) if I leave off the 3rd (8.9gb) update?

Also do u think the 4th tiny update might be a fix to save master reset?

It might not have the voice files for any new place names.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club