Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

I've emailed Ford Customer Services again & have been asked to supply more details about my vehicle & ownership so that they can 'investigate the matter further' & 'forward your concerns to a Case Manager for review'.

The points I've raised included

- Sync 3.4 & F9 maps are available from third party sites - why not directly from Ford ?

- Some vehicles are receiving F9 maps

- Vehicles have been mis sold (with out of date maps)

- The lack of a publicly visible roadmap for updates (SYNC & maps) causes significant customer dissatisfaction & thus potential impact on repeat business.

- The responses from Ford to date give the impression that Ford just don't care or appreciate the potential seriousness of the situation (citing Health & Safety due to inaccurate data).

- The design of a process that can easily update both code (SYNC) & data (maps) in a timely fashion is a basic requirement in this 'Digital Age'.

- The suggestion that Ford make traffic updates free to all owners affected by the lack of updates.

- Asking when F10 maps are due !

I'll update this thread when I get feedback from Ford.

I hope you have more success than me and others. ford have lost another customer and I have had Fords for 30 years. 

this ‘we don’t care less’ attitude is really unacceptable and I was refused any compensation point blank!

• Like 2

Agreed, really bad attitude from Ford.

I wonder if they think we will all get fed up and hope the situation will eventually go away.
I am surprised this problem has not yet been raised on social media.
I am sure any bad press is not what they want from their customers.

The mind boggles at how many vehicles must be affected now. As i see it its every vehicle with sync3.2 onwards except those leaving the factories from recently preloaded with F9. That must run into many thousands . 

I think they stop selling Sat nav cars and rely on A. Auto or carplay

I have an update available.........

😁😁😁😁

Rats! Typo on VIN number! Still came up with 2019 Focus (not mine) so maybe I’m in the queue?

Unless its for earlier updates that the other owner has never done

• Like 1

Email from Ford UK

Good Morning, 

Thank you for taking your time to contact us, I hope that you are keeping safe and well.

Ford Motor Company utilises data provided by third party company's to periodically release software and map updates, to help keep our vehicles as up-to-date with changes that may occur; however, due to the time taken to collate the required information, we are unable to provide a confirmed timeframe for when the next available update is due to be released.

Please be advised, SYNC 1 and SYNC 2 map updates are only available via a Ford Dealership, they would be best placed to provide the most recently released SD card for your vehicle; whereas the update system via the Ford UK website, is only applicable to vehicles fitted with Sync 3.

Therefore your local Ford Dealer’s service department would be best equipped to assist you with this matter. You can find the contact details for your local branch, using our Dealer locator function here: http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/DealerLocator

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Email from Ford UK

Good Morning, 

Thank you for taking your time to contact us, I hope that you are keeping safe and well.

Ford Motor Company utilises data provided by third party company's to periodically release software and map updates, to help keep our vehicles as up-to-date with changes that may occur; however, due to the time taken to collate the required information, we are unable to provide a confirmed timeframe for when the next available update is due to be released.

Please be advised, SYNC 1 and SYNC 2 map updates are only available via a Ford Dealership, they would be best placed to provide the most recently released SD card for your vehicle; whereas the update system via the Ford UK website, is only applicable to vehicles fitted with Sync 3.

Therefore your local Ford Dealer’s Service department would be best equipped to assist you with this matter. You can find the contact details for your local branch, using our Dealer locator function here: http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/DealerLocator

Typical unhelpful response from Ford.

Quote: "Therefore your local Ford Dealer’s service department would be best equipped to assist you with this matter"

I don't think so.  :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark-UK said:

Email from Ford UK

Good Morning, 

Ford Motor Company utilises data provided by third party company's to periodically release software and map updates, to help keep our vehicles as up-to-date with changes that may occur; however, due to the time taken to collate the required information, we are unable to provide a confirmed timeframe for when the next available update ..............

This isn't the first time Ford have responded this way. It now seems that as they are unable to give an answer themselves they are fobbing off customers onto dealers who won't be able to help anyway and are in  fact not responsible for providing updates for Sync3

• Like 3

Plenty of third party companies out there. Ford are just too tight to supply the required software. I’d imagine merc, bmw etc will have exclusive deals for maps. It’s cost cutting by Ford. 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Plenty of third party companies out there. Ford are just too tight to supply the required software. I’d imagine merc, bmw etc will have exclusive deals for maps. It’s cost cutting by Ford. 

Thats not really the case is it. The third parties you mention have actually stolen the software from Ford. Ford obviously have an issue with supplying it via the website  that has been detailed before by the IT experts on this forum. Its just a shame that they are not being honest about this with their customers.

• Like 1

If they threw some money at it they could sort it. 

I've had the f9 update running two hours so far its donr part 1 but part two is taking forever. Anyone know how much longer it will take?

The local hazard feature on sync 3.4 , says here on 80% of Fords by end of 2020. Mk4s having modems I would think would be capable. But maybe not ...the new Puma is mentioned here and the 80% could be % of new cars by end of year . If our 2019 made Focus don’t have the hardware , maybe that’s why we can’t get the software. 3.4 . I realise this isn’t specifically about maps. 

HERE can make driving safer for Ford customers | HERE.pdf

• Like 2

It’s the lidar cameras that make it possible. Sounds impressive. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

The local hazard feature on sync 3.4 , says here on 80% of Fords by end of 2020. Mk4s having modems I would think would be capable. But maybe not ...the new Puma is mentioned here and the 80% could be % of new cars by end of year . If our 2019 made Focus don’t have the hardware , maybe that’s why we can’t get the software. 3.4 . I realise this isn’t specifically about maps. 

HERE can make driving safer for Ford customers | HERE.pdf 205.94 kB · 8 downloads

Yes, I was wondering if it’s a possible hardware incompatibility problem stopping some of us from getting the sync 3.4 and or the F9 map update.

Speculation I know but maybe Ford can’t bring themselves to admit this for fear of upsetting a lot of their customers.

• Like 1

It would be nice to know one way or the other!

the attitude of Ford customer service stinks...........

I think Ford will not do a recall on this cause it’s not a safety issue. And it’d cost a fortune. That is sheer speculation tho. 

if I remember correctly there was a post re a 2017 Kuga getting F9 ..but I can’t remember if they also got Sync 3.4 . 

Recent thread re sync 3.4 but not having local hazard feature , if that was resolved then it’s not the hardware. Maybe a very recent build tho. 

I've had the f9 update running two hours so far its donr part 1 but part two is taking forever. Anyone know how much longer it will take?
I guess a lot depends on the usb device. My part 1 took about 40 mins. Part 2 about 20-25 mins I'm sure

4 hours ago, PLB said:

maybe Ford can’t bring themselves to admit this for fear of upsetting a lot of their customers

Going by the HERE.com info it’s the new Puma and “other Ford vehicles” 80% of Ford range by end of 2020 will have the local hazard feature. Even tho we have modem and lidar cameras if the local hazard technology requires newer modem or camera that’ll be in new Fords only. They’re not going to change components on all the vehicles sold over last couple of years. Least they can do is upgrade our maps. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Going by the HERE.com info it’s the new Puma and “other Ford vehicles” 80% of Ford range by end of 2020 will have the local hazard feature. Even tho we have modem and lidar cameras if the local hazard technology requires newer modem or camera that’ll be in new Fords only. They’re not going to change components on all the vehicles sold over last couple of years. Least they can do is upgrade our maps. 

Agreed, at least a map upgrade would be a welcomed step in the right direction.

However, correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it an upgrade to sync 3.4 and a map update is possible if you are prepared to take the unofficial route and hence risk your warrantee.

I am not prepared to do that but the point is that it appears to be doable.

Actually, having said that is just sync ver 3.0 to 3.4 doable but not ver 3.3 to 3.4 ?

Basically it’s down to Ford To come clean and explain the reasons why they can’t come up with an official update.

If they can’t come up with a date they should have the decency to explain to their loyal customers the reasons why not.

At least then we would know where we stand.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PLB said:

an upgrade to sync 3.4 and a map update is possible if you are prepared to take the unofficial route and hence risk your warrantee.

So it seems. I definitely saw a post photo of a sync 3.4 screen with Local Hazard greyed out. I don’t know what the outcome of that was.......

As for the unofficial route , if the car was 5, 10 year old then yes , as it stands..no chance. If it’s not available yet there will be a reason . Hopefully find out soon! 

I gave up waiting for the F9 maps to become available on my Mondeo (Sync 3.0) and went the unofficial route to Sync 3.4. Other than the fact it took nearly an hour it was actually a painless process.

1 hour ago, erictcleric said:

I gave up waiting for the F9 maps to become available on my Mondeo (Sync 3.0) and went the unofficial route to Sync 3.4. Other than the fact it took nearly an hour it was actually a painless process.

Have you got ‘Local Hazard’ on your sync 3.4 ?