Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

if I remember correctly there was a post re a 2017 Kuga getting F9 ..but I can’t remember if they also got Sync 3.4 . 

That was probs our Kuga. Officially from ford update site it’s now running F9 maps on sync 3.0 build19205.

I’m tempted to try the cyanlabs 3.4 upgrade on it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamokuga said:

That was probs our Kuga. Officially from ford update site it’s now running F9 maps on sync 3.0 build19205.

Me too but I don't want to brick it!

2 hours ago, jamokuga said:

Personally I wouldn’t but it’d be interesting to see if Local Hazard works on it. 
how’s the F9 maps? 

10 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Have you got ‘Local Hazard’ on your sync 3.4 ? 

Just checked, and it's available. Not actually tried it yet as I've just enabled it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Just checked, and it's available. Not actually tried it yet as I've just enabled it. 

Can you please confirm did your connectivity settings page change from the bottom one showing the live traffic setting which I believe to be your previous ver 3.0? but is definitely ver 3.3 to the top one showing the Local Hazard setting which I believe to be ver 3.4 ?

3A2C6E37-5B95-448C-946E-9D27B6797B21.jpeg

3E45D81D-C835-4666-B182-6EE42080C6F5.jpeg

Mine doesn't have the built-in modem, so there's no connectivity settings. The hazard info appears under navigation settings, but it needs my phone connected for the live traffic updates. I've not tried the hazard info yet, but the live traffic updates via the phone work OK. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Mine doesn't have the built-in modem, so there's no connectivity settings. The hazard info appears under navigation settings, but it needs my phone connected for the live traffic updates. I've not tried the hazard info yet, but the live traffic updates via the phone work OK. 

That’s interesting. Your car must have a lidar camera ? 

did you read the link I posted about here.com ? 

I don’t see how the local hazard information can work without a modem. 

Could use your phone though , like with live traffic. 

I don’t use Waze but I reckon local hazard information will be similar . 

By 2013, four out of five cars globally with fully integrated in-dash navigation systems used Here data. Here supplies map content for Alpine, BMW, Mercedes, Garmin, Hyundai, Pioneer, Volkswagen and Toyota, among other car companies and enterprises.[94” 

As Ford have just done a deal with Here (6 months ago) maybe explains the hold up with updates. 

I'll have to test it and see if it works. The live traffic definitely goes through the phone, and I suspect the hazard info will do likewise. I don't feel like creating a hazard to test it though 🙂

Not had a real chance to test the rest of the 3.4 upgrade, but it feels snappier. 

• Thanks 1

Just picked up a new Focus ST (built May I believe). SYNC 3.4 and is up to date. F8 maps. Going onto ford.co.uk and inputting the vin, software states up to date but the 2nd check fails (maps I presume?) Stating please try again later. 

In the car, has a modem, activated the 3 months vodafone 3GB trial. Live traffic is switched on. Local hazard information is greyed out and can't be switched on. Going to my ford account states I have no active subscriptions. 

33 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Just picked up a new Focus ST (built May I believe). SYNC 3.4 and is up to date. F8 maps. Going onto ford.co.uk and inputting the vin, software states up to date but the 2nd check fails (maps I presume?) Stating please try again later. 

In the car, has a modem, activated the 3 months vodafone 3GB trial. Live traffic is switched on. Local hazard information is greyed out and can't be switched on. Going to my ford account states I have no active subscriptions. 

Yes, my on line ford account also states that I have no active subscriptions.

However that’s incorrect as I have a Live Traffic subscription which I had to activate through the Ford Pass app.

To get ford to update its updates download ford pass and connect it to your vehicle it will then update the servers. 

When using this site https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/status/ it checks the software which states up to date but the second check (I presume maps?) fails with a try again later. Does that happen to anyone else?

2 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

When using this site https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/status/ it checks the software which states up to date but the second check (I presume maps?) fails with a try again later. Does that happen to anyone else?

Exactly what happened to me with Sync 3.0. The maps were stuck on "try again later" for days, so I gave up and used the unofficial upgrade to Sync 3.4 from cyan labs. 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:33 PM, PLB said:

Yes, my on line ford account also states that I have no active subscriptions.

However that’s incorrect as I have a Live Traffic subscription which I had to activate through the Ford Pass app.

My Ford Account is now acknowledging that I have Live Traffic until 2021. Originally they said it’d be £85 a year for FordPass app etc after the 2 years ‘free’. I’d read in USA already it’s free for life of the car. Anyway I’ve copy and pasted this. Seems it is only cars with a certain type of modem will get local Hazard info . The Delayed sync 3.4 update I think will be connected. 

LIVE TRAFFIC

SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
Expiration Date

29/09/2021

FordPass Connect gives you access to Live Traffic and Local Hazard Information*. These features work together to help you arrive on time and stress free. Live Traffic delivers real-time traffic updates to your navigation and can automatically adjust your route to help avoid the worst queues. Local Hazard Information* collects data from connected vehicles and the public incident database and then lets you know if there’s a nearby hazard, such as an accident, flooded road or road works.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
*Local Hazard Information is only available on certain vehicles equipped with the correct version of the FordPass modem. You can check availability in your vehicle's SYNC® connectivity settings, or by using FordPass, selecting your vehicle and tapping on 'Subscriptions'. This product uses your vehicle’s modem to download traffic data. You will need to have location services enabled to use this product.
  • Like 1

Just checked my account

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 12.28.03.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 12.28.41.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve just been disconnected from chat with ford just as I was getting an answer!😠

I was asking specifically about local hazard as my Live Traffic still has 16 months left

8F31C618-F1F3-45D4-838F-A2DC0C8CBD9E.jpeg

3430042C-A7F7-4806-8E0E-4C884C3A9D93.jpeg

• Like 1

I didn’t get a chance to ask about sync 3.4 

instead of going straight back on chat I’ll wait for their email response 

Chat thru the app seems like a good way to communicate with them but they’re clearly avoiding certain questions. I think they don’t have the answers hence me getting disconnected mid conversation! 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

My Ford Account is now acknowledging that I have Live Traffic until 2021. Originally they said it’d be £85 a year for FordPass app etc after the 2 years ‘free’. I’d read in USA already it’s free for life of the car. Anyway I’ve copy and pasted this. Seems it is only cars with a certain type of modem will get local Hazard info . The Delayed sync 3.4 update I think will be connected. 

LIVE TRAFFIC

SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
Expiration Date

29/09/2021

FordPass Connect gives you access to Live Traffic and Local Hazard Information*. These features work together to help you arrive on time and stress free. Live Traffic delivers real-time traffic updates to your navigation and can automatically adjust your route to help avoid the worst queues. Local Hazard Information* collects data from connected vehicles and the public incident database and then lets you know if there’s a nearby hazard, such as an accident, flooded road or road works.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
*Local Hazard Information is only available on certain vehicles equipped with the correct version of the FordPass modem. You can check availability in your vehicle's SYNC® connectivity settings, or by using FordPass, selecting your vehicle and tapping on 'Subscriptions'. This product uses your vehicle’s modem to download traffic data. You will need to have location services enabled to use this product.

Just checked my on line Ford account and as you can see below it now correctly shows my expiration date as 22/12/2020 👍

Alex, I assume your reg date is 29/09/2019 ? Therefore, like me 2 years free subs. Is that correct ?

LIVE TRAFFIC

SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
Expiration Date

22/12/2020

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION
To disable Live Traffic, go to your in-vehicle Connectivity Settings

1 hour ago, PLB said:

I assume your reg date is 29/09/2019 ? Therefore, like me 2 years free subs. Is that correct ?

Yeah

they disconnected my chat conversation! They know as much as us.....nothing 

although looks like they’re starting to charge people for the app. Post from mark there shows £3.50 a month. The ‘chat’ person said 2 different subscriptions ....that can’t be correct. That’s why he/she has basically hung up. 
I seem to remember £85 a year for the app after the 2 years. That’d be £7 a month ...surely that should be complimentary. I’d give up the live traffic and local hazard if I could keep the app for free without the subscriptions.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Yeah

they disconnected my chat conversation! They know as much as us.....nothing 

although looks like they’re starting to charge people for the app. Post from mark there shows £3.50 a month. The ‘chat’ person said 2 different subscriptions ....that can’t be correct. That’s why he/she has basically hung up. 
I seem to remember £85 a year for the app after the 2 years. That’d be £7 a month ...surely that should be complimentary. I’d give up the live traffic and local hazard if I could keep the app for free without the subscriptions.

The £3.49 is for live traffic isn't it?

I'd love to know how to get live hazard information working though. 

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Seems it is only cars with a certain type of modem will get local Hazard info .

That’s a bit worrying.

I wonder if we have the wrong type of modem.

If so could this be the reason why Ford have not released sync 3.4 and map updates for us with potentially the earlier type of modem.

4 minutes ago, PLB said:

That’s a bit worrying.

I wonder if we have the wrong type of modem.

If so could this be the reason why Ford have not released sync 3.4 and map updates for us with potentially the earlier type of modem.

I have a 2020.25my with 3.4 from the factory and I don't have local hazard information. 

19 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I have a 2020.25my with 3.4 from the factory and I don't have local hazard information. 

But you have local hazard listed? Just greyed out? 
a lot of us had that with live traffic to begin with.