Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

24 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I have a 2020.25my with 3.4 from the factory and I don't have local hazard information. 

I am fairly sure you have the correct modem as you are running sync 3.4 and you have although greyed out the Local Hazard button. At some point I am sure you will be able to select it.

As Alex has said above many of us that are currently on sync 3.3 only have the Live Traffic button available for selection and no Local Hazard button as I believe this is only available on sync 3.4.

32 minutes ago, PLB said:

That’s a bit worrying.

I wonder if we have the wrong type of modem.

If so could this be the reason why Ford have not released sync 3.4 and map updates for us with potentially the earlier type of modem.

But a 2017 Kuga getting F9 maps on sync 3.0 

they must have some kind of plan for sync 3.3 owners. 

tho 2017 Fords I don’t think had modems ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

But you have local hazard listed? Just greyed out? 
a lot of us had that with live traffic to begin with. 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Let’s hope so. 🤞

• Like 1

Update to my post on July 18th where I've been allocated a case manager.

I've had two delayed communications so far - no verbal discussion but prompt emails when they were unable to communicate by the agreed date.

The latest communication says I will be contacted before end of business day on 31 july - or earlier & also says

We have been informed a new Sync update is due to be released shortly, however we will ensure to investigate this on your behalf to confirm if this is applicable for your vehicle.

I've made Ford aware of this thread (& others). I'll update with more info when I have some.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, StewartHarris said:

I've had two delayed communications so far - no verbal discussion but prompt emails when they were unable to communicate by the agreed date.

The latest communication says I will be contacted before end of business day on 31 july - or earlier & also says

We have been informed a new Sync update is due to be released shortly, however we will ensure to investigate this on your behalf to confirm if this is applicable for your vehicle.

I've made Ford aware of this thread (& others). I'll update with more info when I have some.

Thanks for the update.

21 hours ago, Alex.S said:

But a 2017 Kuga getting F9 maps on sync 3.0 

tho 2017 Fords I don’t think had modems ? 

No modem in the Kuga. I was hoping for the retrofit which was being trialed a while back in the US but Ford scrapped it due to lack of interest.

In terms of difference between F8 and F9 it’s only a few road updates as far as I can tell. The Kuga was stuck on EU4 prior to the update  and that didn’t seem to have the lane info for roundabouts or motorway junctions. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

Great new, promising update yet.

Keep us updated 

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

Trouble is they've been giving similar answer since last year in relation to Sync3 and Map updates and still nothing has happened.

48 minutes ago, jamokuga said:

No modem in the Kuga. I was hoping for the retrofit which was being trialed a while back in the US but Ford scrapped it due to lack of interest.

In terms of difference between F8 and F9 it’s only a few road updates as far as I can tell. The Kuga was stuck on EU4 prior to the update  and that didn’t seem to have the lane info for roundabouts or motorway junctions. 

Best feature for the app and modem , message centre, recently had my phone alert warn me I had a puncture (a slow one that I’d likely not have noticed straight away) and an alert to clean the radar..lidar in my case. I’m sure the app can do a lot more too.....well enough to make me pay for it after the 2 years is up. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Best feature for the app and modem , message centre, recently had my phone alert warn me I had a puncture (a slow one that I’d likely not have noticed straight away) and an alert to clean the radar..lidar in my case. I’m sure the app can do a lot more too.....well enough to make me pay for it after the 2 years is up. 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/driving-1/2020-06/ford-makes-connected-vehicle-services-complimentary-to-european-customers/

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

That’s good news.

My Live Traffic 2 year free sub is due to end in December.

I wonder if that will continue to be free.

2 minutes ago, PLB said:

That’s good news.

My Live Traffic 2 year free sub is due to end in December.

I wonder if that will continue to be free.

Live traffic still costs, it's just the other features that are going to continue working for free.

• Like 2

We've never had to pay 89 quid for connected services on any of our new fords

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

We've never had to pay 89 quid for connected services on any of our new fords

Isn't that because its a new thing from around 2018?

I’ve used Live Traffic once and it was wrong about congestion on my route. 

• Like 1

Email from FordPass guide

We are working on releasing some new features into our vehicles/ App with local hazard information (LHI) being one of these. Whilst we continue the development work on this feature you may see some references to LHI in the FordPass app. For this function to be fully available, we need to deploy an over-the-air update to your vehicle; this is scheduled later in the year at which point you will be able to activate fully.

Kind Regards, 

Katie Joyce
FordPass Guide. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Must admit it's never worked for me, either didn't know about congestion or said there was some when none on my route

32 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Must admit it's never worked for me, either didn't know about congestion or said there was some when none on my route

I use apple maps , it’s my preference due to the iPhone and Apple music . I would use google maps or Waze but gets complicated when I’ve got basically 3 virtual assistants at same time! I believe Waze already does what live traffic claims to do? 
this local hazard Information does sound good tho but I think I’ll be refusing to pay for it...

HERE technologies is the company behind LHI. Owned by Audi , BMW and Daimler .

there wiki page is interesting if your not already familiar with what they do. 

18 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Last year, due to congestion the SATNAV redirected me off the M1 near junctions 24/24a (I think)  - which have been reprofiled since the release of F7 maps ..... somewhat ironic !

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2020 at 6:25 PM, Alex.S said:

Email from FordPass guide

We are working on releasing some new features into our vehicles/ App with local hazard information (LHI) being one of these. Whilst we continue the development work on this feature you may see some references to LHI in the FordPass app. For this function to be fully available, we need to deploy an over-the-air update to your vehicle; this is scheduled later in the year at which point you will be able to activate fully.

Kind Regards, 

Katie Joyce
FordPass Guide. 

Ford pass quite replied to me with the following ridiculous statement 

To access the Live Traffic benefits, you will need to have an active data plan with Vodafone.

31 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

To access the Live Traffic benefits, you will need to have an active data plan with Vodafone.

It just shows how much they understand their own products and what a waste of time it is contacting them about anything. I hope you are going to reply accordingly

2 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

I think we’re seeing their true colours now. It’s been a long game to get us signed up to Vodafone. Dirty b*****ds .

I’ll not be shelling out a penny on software that is clearly flawed. 
i already pay for data on my phone ..I’m not paying twice. 

Left hand doesn’t know what the right hands doing..

Sorry can someone explain how I get this ford pass traffic  on my 2018 mk3.5 focus st3?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club