Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

5 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Sorry can someone explain how I get this ford pass traffic  on my 2018 mk3.5 focus st3?

I think it needs a modem bud....

Afaik you could get it through the Ford pass app on your phone if you don't have a modem.

That reminds me, there was a Mondeo owner on this thread said he got live traffic thru his phone. 

53 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

That reminds me, there was a Mondeo owner on this thread said he got live traffic thru his phone. 

So, if Live Traffic can be obtained without a modem through your phone is there any reason why you shouldn’t also get the Traffic Hazard information ?

Or am I missing something.

Just now, PLB said:

So, if Live Traffic can be obtained without a modem through your phone is there any reason why you shouldn’t also get the Local Hazard information ?

So updates for:

sync 3.4

maps F8/9/10

live traffic 

local hazard

is it a case of Ford have your money and

couldn’t care a fig About customers !!

2 hours ago, PLB said:

2 hours ago, PLB said:

So, if Live Traffic can be obtained without a modem through your phone is there any reason why you shouldn’t also get the Traffic Hazard information ?

As far as I can tell , the local hazard information is now almost all the big manufacturers using HERE technologies, I’m not sure about modem but using lidar camera to collect information on literally millions of cars. Modem will send and receive information but a mobile phone is basically a modem too. 

It it just me, but I'm now seeing red lines on the map where road are congested much more often, even on local  A roads , or have I just been lucky for the last year and had traffic free motoring

7 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

It it just me, but I'm now seeing red lines on the map where road are congested much more often, even on local  A roads , or have I just been lucky for the last year and had traffic free motoring

I've noticed this on Google Maps recently...I think it's all the joggers and cyclists confusing the system as it uses the 'speed' of mobile phone movement to estimate congestion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

That'd be me, and yes the live traffic works via my phone and the FordPass app. So it does seem a bit odd Ford would charge for that when using the car's built in modem (which I don't have). 

• Like 1

Ford have to pay for the cellular connection on the modem, where you are paying for the connection on your phone.

27 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ford have to pay for the cellular connection on the modem, where you are paying for the connection on your phone.

True, but tomtom don't charge me for their live traffic updates, and it's not a huge amount of data. Is there a lifetime updates option with Ford? 

Just now, erictcleric said:

True, but Tomtom don't charge me for their live traffic updates, and it's not a huge amount of data. Is there a lifetime updates option with Ford? 

How does your tomtom collect traffic updates? A lot of sat navs (at least used to) have a separate antenna which picked up the traffic broadcasts, they didn't rely on a cellular connection.

It has a built-in SIM card and uses a mobile network. It's definitely not the old skool traffic broadcasts, and it does access the Internet. That said, it wasn't a cheap tomtom

The 3.4 consumer upgrade package (designed for owners) has been uploaded to Ford's servers, so shouldn't be long before it starts rolling out. It's usually done in waves, different models at a time, even if the actual package is the same given to everyone eventually.

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VGA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VGA.tar.gz
Item3 = HB5T-14G386-VHA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VHA.tar.gz
Item4 = HB5T-14G386-VCB
Open4 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VCB.tar.gz
Item5 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open5 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item6 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open6 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

It should be noted this isn't the map, Ford might be intending to rollout the software update first, then offer map update after.

• Thanks 4

I think it might be time to switch off ota updates then.  I don't want the ability to reset oil life taken away.  

I wish the turn now instructions came a bit sooner. Even turn at this junction. I ended up driving by my turning yesterday in an unfamiliar area as there were 2 junctions one after the other. Really wasn't sure and it said turn now as I passed 1st one which it was meant to be.
Yeah I know should also look for road names etc but it did catch me out.

9 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I think it might be time to switch off ota updates then.  I don't want the ability to reset oil life taken away.  

I suspect that will be taken away at your next dealer service (if they are keeping abreast of all OFS)

38 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

I wish the turn now instructions came a bit sooner. Even turn at this junction. I ended up driving by my turning yesterday in an unfamiliar area as there were 2 junctions one after the other. Really wasn't sure and it said turn now as I passed 1st one which it was meant to be.
Yeah I know should also look for road names etc but it did catch me out.

Mine shows the junction on the right of the screen and a bar shows the distance to the turn.

Mine shows the junction on the right of the screen and a bar shows the distance to the turn.
Yeah so does mine but I still missed it. Yeah I know I need to get better at using it.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:29 AM, alexp999 said:

Afaik you could get it through the Ford pass app on your phone if you don't have a modem.

Yes I've got the ford pass app and went onto subscriptions and it wanted to charge me to add live traffic on I thought it was going to be complimentary? 

15 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The 3.4 consumer upgrade package (designed for owners) has been uploaded to Ford's servers, so shouldn't be long before it starts rolling out. It's usually done in waves, different models at a time, even if the actual package is the same given to everyone eventually.

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VGA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VGA.tar.gz
Item3 = HB5T-14G386-VHA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VHA.tar.gz
Item4 = HB5T-14G386-VCB
Open4 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VCB.tar.gz
Item5 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open5 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item6 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open6 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

It should be noted this isn't the map, Ford might be intending to rollout the software update first, then offer map update after.

Will this be coming to all Sync 3 cars such as 2018 ford focus mk3.5?

3 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Will this be coming to all Sync 3 cars such as 2018 ford focus mk3.5?

No, only cars with Sync 3.2+.

6 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Yes I've got the ford pass app and went onto subscriptions and it wanted to charge me to add live traffic on I thought it was going to be complimentary? 

Live traffic is not complimentary, only some of the "connected" features on cars with modems, like remote locking, location, fuel, etc. The fordpass app features.

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No, only cars with Sync 3.2+.

Live traffic is not complimentary, only some of the "connected" features on cars with modems, like remote locking, location, fuel, etc. The fordpass app features.

That's frustrating then.

In ford pass fuel doesnt show anything although you can see a fuel gauge but no marker on it. 

Each line tells you what's in the update and what "cars"/systems it's targeted at:

Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
"Is this system 3.2 hardware?"

Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VGA
"Is this system running 3.3 software?"

Item3 = HB5T-14G386-VHA
"Is this system running 3.4 software?"

Item4 = HB5T-14G386-VCB
"Is this system the 64GB (Nav) version?"

Item5 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
The actual update

Item6 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Create XML log file

• Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club