Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Any idea Alex why Sync 3.0 owners will not get it? 

Just now, richardc1983 said:

Any idea Alex why Sync 3.0 owners will not get it? 

Sync 3.0 uses a different partitioning system. Slightly different hardware build. That’s why the first check in the update is “is this 3.2 hardware?”

Great new that 3.3 is getting an update.....

VERY disappointing that the 3+ year old maps F7 is not! 

I suspect as Alex suggested that the 3.4 update maybe required before they release the F9 map to us. But I'm not holding my breath.

For those getting ready (but still waiting) to download the update, I saw this on the Lincoln update site, so should be relevant to us lot too.

Step One: Prepare for Update

1. Make sure your Flash Drive is formatted to a file system called exFAT for SYNC 3 (other SYNC versions need FAT32 format). Since almost all new Flash Drives are formatted to a system called FAT32, you will have to change the format yourself. It’s quite simple:
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mark

lets hope we are not waiting too long?

Change to exFat is actually one of the basic instructions highlighted in the notes on the Ford download website if you read them.

I believe the previous sync update required you to have your engine running during the update. Therefore I would be interested to know how long the update takes.

Software updates generally take around 20-25 mins in one stage but its good idea to run engine because if battery charge is low the Sync3 can shut down prematurely  Map updates take up to 90mins in 2 stages so you really need to go for a drive while its loading.

• Like 2

I was wondering if the 3.3 to 3.4 update would be fairly large update.

Having looked at reviews of the 3.4 update there appears to be quite a few major differences to the GUI apart from the other changes.

Can we expect our 3.4 upgrade to look like the review below ?

It’s an 850 ish MB update. Should take about 10-15 mins. No way near as big as the map or voice updates. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

It’s an 850 ish MB update. Should take about 10-15 mins. No way near as big as the map or voice updates. 

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if the update includes the climate control adjustments as per the review above ?

7 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if the update includes the climate control adjustments as per the review above ?

No that’s to do with programming of the cars internal settings. 

• Like 1

I prefer the climate control as physical buttons, easier to find while driving. 
Although sync climate can be voice adjusted. 
still prefer the buttons ..

On 7/31/2020 at 7:34 PM, alexp999 said:

The 3.4 consumer upgrade package (designed for owners) has been uploaded to Ford's servers, so shouldn't be long before it starts rolling out. It's usually done in waves, different models at a time, even if the actual package is the same given to everyone eventually.

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VGA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VGA.tar.gz
Item3 = HB5T-14G386-VHA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VHA.tar.gz
Item4 = HB5T-14G386-VCB
Open4 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VCB.tar.gz
Item5 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open5 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item6 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open6 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

It should be noted this isn't the map, Ford might be intending to rollout the software update first, then offer map update after.

I would have thought the package will have to be different for those on 3.3 against those already on 3.4.

AFAIK The voice package 5U5T-14G391 will also need updating to - AK going from 3.3 to 3.4.

Also looking at 14386-VGA and VHA , VGA seems to exit the install if current version is  < 3.3, whereas VHA exits if < 3.4. Seems like only one of those ought to be necessary ?

Including VHA when upgrading a 3.3 system will surely stop the install ?

If I'm right , then people on 3.3 (me included) don't hold your breath...

3 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

I would have thought the package will have to be different for those on 3.3 against those already on 3.4.

AFAIK The voice package 5U5T-14G391 will also need updating to - AK going from 3.3 to 3.4.

Also looking at 14386-VGA and VHA , VGA seems to exit the install if current version is  < 3.3, whereas VHA exits if < 3.4. Seems like only one of those ought to be necessary ?

Including VHA when upgrading a 3.3 system will surely stop the install ?

If I'm right , then people on 3.3 (me included) don't hold your breath...

I thought that with VGA and VHA, but it seems pointless to even have VGA present, if it is only going to install on 3.4. You could just have the 3.4 check. I'm monitoring various regions forums to see if anyone on 3.3 has tried it.

Also, nav voice usually gets done as a separate update as it is so big. There is every chance when it gets officially released, they will do 3.4 update, then voice update, then maps.

The 3.3 software hasn't been updated since Feb 2019, 3.0 is still receiving updates. So I fully expect 3.3 to go to 3.4, they both run the same hardware MY18.5.

It could be the 3.3 - 3.4 update package is slightly different, but it looks like Ford are finally rolling out consumer upgrade packaes for the 3.2+ hardware again.

Also, nav voice usually gets done as a separate update as it is so big

5U5T-14G391-AK is about 2Gb but I understood it was system voice rather than Nav voice. Nav voice seems to be 1U5T-14G422-BAE on 3.3 and 4U5T-14G422-BAE,BBE,BCE,BDE on 3.4 , although I suspect UK will only need -BAE.

My main concern with updates is how are they going to do the map update ? I see indications on other non-UK forums that the update procedure can only handle 10 files. The EU maps are now 8 separate files , adding in the HB5T-14G-386... utility check modules, and the GB5T-14G-386 update log generator, is going to blow that limit! and that's before any Nav voice and Gracenote updates...

3 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

5U5T-14G391-AK is about 2Gb but I understood it was system voice rather than Nav voice. Nav voice seems to be 1U5T-14G422-BAE on 3.3 and 4U5T-14G422-BAE,BBE,BCE,BDE on 3.4 , although I suspect UK will only need -BAE.

My main concern with updates is how are they going to do the map update ? I see indications on other non-UK forums that the update procedure can only handle 10 files. The EU maps are now 8 separate files , adding in the HB5T-14G-386... utility check modules, and the GB5T-14G-386 update log generator, is going to blow that limit! and that's before any Nav voice and Gracenote updates...

I did mean system voice, although nav voice can be much bigger.

I remember a Sync 3.0 update I had on my Fiesta, it was at least 3 different download packages.

Looking back at the earlier Sync 3.3 updates last year, they included system voice. The Sync application update itself is only around 800Mb so even including the system voice and utility checks, you're only looking at < 3Gb. Any NAV maps update is going to be way bigger than that , probably > 20Gb.

I would have thought, in any case, it would be necessary to ensure that the system voice version must be kept in sync(sic) with the application version for everything to work properly. 

An update on my interaction with Ford Case Managers.

I was not contacted by 31st July as promised.

I prompted them by email over the weekend.

I've just received an email with an apology for a delayed response & a question about whether I had followed the upgrade guide which they had sent in their original response when the case was opened. I'd already responded by email on July 28th that the main  problem is one of  "unavailability of up to date maps" & highlighting other issues (eg lack of effective communication & information from Ford).

I am due to be contacted again by Thursday 6th August ........

I have responded & asked them to re-read my mails - for the issues outlined have not been read or understood

A theory as to what has been delaying map updates for Sync 3.3 versions...

Reading some of the North American forums, it would appear that there is a bug in 3.3 regarding the display of the map version after update. When some people have updated the maps , the version displayed remained the same. The map data actually had been updated but not the version string displayed on the sync information screen. You can see why that would cause confusion and possible increased call volume etc to the Ford Customer line/dealers. Hence the reluctance to enable the map update despite the files being available.

Apparently this bug was fixed in 3.4 but  there has been at least 5 versions of 3.4 since April last year in attempts to fix other bugs of varying significance. The latest Version 20136 does, by most accounts, seem to have fixed most of them.

I can therefore only assume we've been waiting for the 20136 upgrade, which if Alex is right, is being rolled out. Once that has been actioned , lets hope we'll get the much promised map upgrade to F9.

• Like 3

It will be nice to know that when F9 maps get released, then the current maps will only be 18 months plus out of date.

Nice one Ford.

Or 36 + months for those of us with MY 18.5

What I meant was that F9 maps when or if they get released will already be 18 months out of date.

With 2021 looming the maps should be F11 (let alone F10).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whitecarman said:

What I meant was that F9 maps when or if they get released will already be 18 months out of date.

With 2021 looming the maps should be F11 (let alone F10).

Point taken😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club