Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Actually, you are not far wrong with 36 months.

I collected my Focus Mk4 in November 2018 with F6 maps, the Queensferry Crossing opened in September 2017 the crossing is on the maps but there is no approach roads north and south and the Sat Nav is directing you across the now closed Forth Road bridge. I installed the Sync and maps update in May 2019 to 3.3 and F7 but the Queensferry crossing is still without approach roads and the Forth Road Bridge is still the preferred route!

So here we are in August 2020 still waiting for Sync 3.4 and F9 maps that are probably out of date and really F10 should be the latest version.

So thanks Ford UK for all your help.

To be fair, this will be outside Ford UK's control.

It will be Ford Europe in Germany, or even the HQ in the USA controlling the update rollout.

In my experience Ford customer services in the UK and the US don't really care.

Google and Apple have the maps , I don’t see why a company the size of Ford can’t buy them. I’ve got F8 on a Oct 19 car ..it’s crap. 

Having never had Sat Nav built in before I just assumed that map updates would occur every quarter like tomtom etc.

Built in sat nav was one of the reasons I got the stX. 

google maps on my ancient Samsung in a cradle on my dash was better. 

Ford Nav has potential tho , Ford need to Shell out and get it updated and released , especially for mk4 owners. 

• Like 1

Anyone had the sync 3.4 updates from the Ford website?

Not me, still on sync 3.3 and F8 maps.

Another update from the Ford case manager

"I have checked the VIN of your vehicle on the SYNC checker website and it has advised that the maps are fully up to date.

I am now chasing up with our technical team to see if we have a confirmed date for the next maps update so i can inform you.

I will look to arrange further contact on Tuesday 11th August latest to advise on the next steps "

My vehicle is on 3.3 SYNC & F7 maps (purchased new at end of July 2019)

Well done! At least you have an update,

all I get is an insult to my intelligence stating the website states I’m updated (F7 3+ years out of date).

hopefully ford will realise they have many unhappy customers ( or maybe not😡)

I’ve got F8, used it for a destination in Paisley, ended up in a supermarket car park! The street I was looking for, going by the buildings I’d say probably 100 years old. The supermarket..been there about 10 years. Ironically used to be a ford dealership!  Also ironic I was going to webuyanycar..com ! 
Crap graphics don’t help either. 

39 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got F8, used it for a destination in Paisley, ended up in a supermarket car park! The street I was looking for, going by the buildings I’d say probably 100 years old. The supermarket..been there about 10 years. Ironically used to be a ford dealership!  Also ironic I was going to webuyanycar..com ! 

F8 ?

I assumed you were still on F7 .

Just thought, did you already have F8 pre loaded when you collected your new car rather than getting it via a download.

11 minutes ago, PLB said:

F8 ?

I thought you were still on F7 .

No F8 , registered Oct 19. 

sync 3.3 19052 

I assumed you were the same? 

24 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

No F8 , registered Oct 19. 

sync 3.3 19052 

I assumed you were the same? 

I am also on sync 3.3 19052 but my maps are F7. Registered end of December 2018.

I think I remember that some MK 4 owners had the F8 Maps pre loaded on their new cars.

I understand that F8 maps have never been offered as an official download.

1 hour ago, PLB said:

I am also on sync 3.3 19052 but my maps are F7. Registered end of December 2018.

I think I remember that some MK 4 owners had the F8 Maps pre loaded on their new cars.

I understand that F8 maps have never been offered as an official download.

Mine was on F8 maps from factory. 

I don’t see any logic in how Ford are releasing or not releasing in most cases map and sync updates. 
i posted an email I got from ford saying updates by end of the year.  Here’s hoping 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I don’t see any logic in how Ford are releasing or not releasing in most cases map and sync updates. 
i posted an email I got from ford saying updates by end of the year.  Here’s hoping 

As I've said before,"end of the year" is meaningless, end of which year,  you need "end of 2020"

That would be ‘end of next year’ if that was the case. 

Basic English 

I think the Ford gfx for maps aren't bad actually. They are pretty clear. I think Google ones are dire and waze a bit too colourful. Each to thier own I guess. If I could have the gfx of Ford but update of the other two I'd be happy.

I'm on F9 though so at least better off than newer cars.

12 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Each to thier own I guess

I’ve not used google maps much on this car. My preference is Apple Maps, not only cause I have an iPhone..I find Ford nav directions are often vague. Apple says exactly what lane to be in. 

Ahh maybe apple ones are nice. Android here.

15 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

gfx of Ford but update of the other two I'd be happy

U probably know this but Ford 6 months ago did a deal with HERE technologies. You may well get what your wishing for..

I thought it was always Here that supplied the data but maybe I'm mistaken and did read what you are saying a while back.
As we all know (or some of us) it is actually a pain updating so getting that frequency right is a thing. Just now it's a pain as you know what you are updating is already a year old though.

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

I thought it was always Here that supplied the data but maybe I'm mistaken and did read what you are saying a while back.
As we all know (or some of us) it is actually a pain updating so getting that frequency right is a thing. Just now it's a pain as you know what you are updating is already a year old though.

I’d never heard of ‘here’ until a week or two ago. Did a bit of googling..owned by 3 big manufacturers.  Audi, Merc , Daimler I think, tho most manufacturers have a share in the company. Been powering all those makers sat navs for years it seems. Did a deal with Ford January 2020. In 80% of Fords by end of year (apparently) . I reckon that’s what’s causing the software update delays. 

• Like 1

Iv'e started using the Tom Tom Go app on my Apple phone , find it very good but it does cost £12 per year but keeps very up to date with frequent updates. A free one I find very good is Magic Earth , this again updates often. I'm stuck on F7 at the moment and unfortunately do not trust Ford to give us an update.

1 hour ago, NortonSS said:

Iv'e started using the Tom Tom Go app on my Apple phone , find it very good but it does cost £12 per year but keeps very up to date with frequent updates. A free one I find very good is Magic Earth , this again updates often. I'm stuck on F7 at the moment and unfortunately do not trust Ford to give us an update.

How’s Tom Tom compared to Apple maps ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club