Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

On 8/7/2020 at 5:15 PM, Alex.S said:

I’ve not used google maps much on this car. My preference is Apple Maps, not only cause I have an iPhone..I find Ford nav directions are often vague. Apple says exactly what lane to be in. 

I've been using google maps. Tried apple maps for a journey last week, and it couldn't find two local business by name, so quickly went back to google.

3 hours ago, tonycollinet said:

I've been using google maps. Tried apple maps for a journey last week, and it couldn't find two local business by name, so quickly went back to google.

Android Auto? I’ve got an iPhone, I’d maybe use google maps otherwise. 

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Android Auto? I’ve got an iPhone, I’d maybe use google maps otherwise. 

No, this was on an Iphone/Carplay

1 minute ago, tonycollinet said:

No, this was on an Iphone/Carplay

Does Siri voice control google maps ? Or does It revert to the google assistant? 

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Does Siri voice control google maps ? Or does It revert to the google assistant? 

I’ve got the google maps app but was some confusion when I tried using it. Same with Waze too

Waze, Google maps, Apple maps are all great but when your car comes with Nav, Ford should ensure it’s up to date and functioning correctly! 

Latest update from a Ford case manager

"In regards to knowing if there is a new update coming soon, I have chased this up and we have not got a firm release date but have been advised that an update will be made available in August.

In regards to raising your complaint further, I will be sure to note down you email and make sure it is fedback to the correct people in the business to be reviewed.

Is there anything else I can assist with in regards to this matter?

I will look to arrange further contact on Thursday 13th August latest to advise on the next steps, .... "

I've been feeding back to Ford CRC & the case managers many points which have been made by myself & others - my latest response to them is below.....

"Could you please clarify whether the updates due in August will be for SYNC & Maps - or just maps or just SYNC. Also could you clarify the versions to which SYNC and/or maps will be updated to ?

As you've outlined in your mail, I'd be very grateful if you could feedback the points I have made in several emails including
- a visible plan/schedule for up to date maps & updates to manage customer expectations. I'm sure many tech savvy customers would be prepared to use files if they were to be made available even if the Ford formal update process was lagging behind e.g. see the cyanlabs front end.
- on the Ford update web pages - the words don't match Ford actions/promises thus giving customers false expectations & inaccurate information .
- the lack of updates & the lack of information/concern from Ford has upset long standing customers. Surely Ford doesn't want to lose customer loyalty ? I wonder how Ford compares with other manufacturers in this area ? Is Ford in danger of receiving 'bad press' & thus loss of market share ?
- inaccurate information on out of date maps could cause Health & Safety issues
- I have suggested that Ford consider making free traffic updates available as recompense - BUT for me the best news would be that Ford has got its act together &  a reliable & timely process for updates is now in place & Ford can publish this."

• Like 2

Dont hold your breath.Next time they'll tell you the update will be in September then October and so on ,then it will be 2021 and the next update will be due which we won't get either.

I've been banging on at them for 18months now over this issue and its a waste of time.

Updates are rolling out in the US for 3.4 and their equivalent of F9 (119) at the moment.

So updates are being released, hopefully not long before EU cars get the go ahead.

• Like 2

Surely the US and EU can have releases at the same time?

or am I missing something........

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

Surely the US and EU can have releases at the same time?

or am I missing something........

It's just a software rollout process, you start with one market and monitor for issues, fix them before adding more countries/regions.

17 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It's just a software rollout process, you start with one market and monitor for issues, fix them before adding more countries/regions.

Whats that? Ford roll out updates with problems.  Never, they just don't roll out any updates.

Another update from Ford case manager

" At this current time Ford Motor Company do not have a confirmed schedule for SYNC and map updates. We endeavour to do this periodically.

We are sorry to hear of how this experience is affecting you as a customer and your partnership with Ford. I have noted your concerns and will feed them back internally for review.

At this current time, updates are still under review and we will be sure to come back to you once we have more information."

.... very disappointing but not surprising

Methinks they are trying to hide behind the word 'periodically'. However, the words on the website are

" We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC & Maps driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC & Maps to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know. "

- so if the intent is to ' keep you up-to-date and in-the-know' - and they don't have processes to achieve that - then to me this is blatant misrepresentation.

So periodically.   Well the Triassic and Jurassic periods were both over 50 million years , so don't hold your breath 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disappointed is an understatement 😔😡

Any idea what the new Puma and the latest Focus with the fully digital dash has? If it’s Sync3 , I think we’ll get updates just like they will. If they’ve moved on (it’s not sync4, we’ve seen that in the mustang) our hardware might not be able to be updated. Ford string us along for a couple more years then our cars are no longer ‘new’ so not a priority at all. 

Best photo I’ve seen of sync4 ..I still require physical buttons for blowers etc . Dealing with a touchscreen while driving is dangerous and voice control for climate takes too long if the car steams up real quick . 
They’ve got a passenger controlling it there. It’s a 2 man operation to drive it ! 

I’ve actually read some of the reviews. As predicted sync 4 is going in new Fords this year on 8 inch screens. 

Sync 4, as previewed in the Mach-E, is a rather different offering, taking the form of a TV-sized touchscreen dominating the cabin and controlling almost all the car’s functions. The Mach-E’s screen is half an inch bigger than the one on the Tesla Model 3, at 15.5 inches – you can almost hear the engineers in Michigan giving a big yee-haw and high-fiving one another. However, Sync 4 will work on screens from just eight inches in size, so it can be applied to smaller cars too. It will start appearing in production Fords this year.

5EDE9792-434A-48E7-8AE7-97E239F60C41.png

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Any idea what the new Puma and the latest Focus with the fully digital dash has? If it’s Sync3 , I think we’ll get updates just like they will. If they’ve moved on (it’s not sync4, we’ve seen that in the mustang) our hardware might not be able to be updated. Ford string us along for a couple more years then our cars are no longer ‘new’ so not a priority at all. 

Its SYNC 3 as i have a new Puma maps are version F8 , lots of issues with the SYNC system and its build 19200. Took 5 months for the Live Traffic / Local hazard to work, no surround sound option in SYNC even though it has the B&O 10 speaker setup. Ford CRC still say they are working on it but it seems some of the early builds have issues.

Pretty much agree that Fords IT / Infotainment systems are poorly supported as they just seem to say they are working on issues ....

Yet they skip to the next version Sync 4 without supporting customers on earlier builds.

• Like 2

So I’ve a focus 2020 version with f8 and 19200 I think.

But today something new happened that I’ve never seen before ever.

driving on the M1 and a message popped up on the sync screen advising me or a local hazard at a junction ahead and also explaining that some debris was on the junction as well.
it also stays on the screen until I click close

Now this has never ever happened before. I’ve checked the settings and the hazard info button is still greyed out. However ford must be trying it out or doing something.

What was nice is that my local radio station also them announced the same info while driving a few mins later in a local traffic bulletin.  

Now it’s possible that the Sync, picked it up from the over head traffic system or was sent to it from ford,  but this was very impressive and it worked a treat and gave me a clear understanding of the issue ahead too.

sorry I couldn’t get a screen shot at the time as I clicked ok as I wanted to see if the message appeared again but it didn’t.

if I do have another one, I will take a pic next time when I can

if you have any questions please let me know

@Daz-UK Looks like you must be on Sync 3.4. As far as I know Local Hazard warning is only available on 3.4. My 2019 ST is on 3.3.19052 / F8 maps and only has live traffic.

15 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

@Daz-UK Looks like you must be on Sync 3.4. As far as I know Local Hazard warning is only available on 3.4. My 2019 ST is on 3.3.19052 / F8 maps and only has live traffic.

Yes it’s def sync 3.4 and built in modem too.  
local hazard warning is switched of still. In fact it’s greyed out. 

But ford must be now playing with settings or getting it ready at least on 3.4 sync. 

still no updates tho

ive also noticed today the app catalog is back and shows me everything available. 

So ford are def doing something.

• Like 1

Ford done a deal with Here technologies last January. Planning to be in 80% of Fords by end of year. As far as I understand your lidar on your windscreen and your built in modem are collecting information without you doing anything and creating this local hazard feature.

Company is owned by Audi, merc and Daimler and most manufacturers have a share. 

gathering information from literally millions of cars live , it’s pretty clever stuff..

A me too for the hazard warning reported by DAZ-UK. Wednesday 12th Aug - early afternoon - heading towards M1 from M42 - a debris warning appeared - I've never seen a warning of that format before ..... & my 2019 Focus is 3.3.19052 & F7 maps ;-o

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club