Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

A me too for the hazard warning reported by DAZ-UK. Wednesday 12th Aug - early afternoon - heading towards M1 from M42 - a debris warning appeared - I've never seen a warning of that format before ..... & my 2019 Focus is 3.3.19052 & F7 maps ;-o

That’s interesting.

So it looks like it’s not just vehicles on sync 3.4 getting these apparent Hazard warning messages.

I’m on sync 3.3. 19052 with F7 maps the same as you so I will keep an eye out for any new messages.

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

A me too for the hazard warning reported by DAZ-UK. Wednesday 12th Aug - early afternoon - heading towards M1 from M42 - a debris warning appeared - I've never seen a warning of that format before ..... & my 2019 Focus is 3.3.19052 & F7 maps ;-o

I was on M1 at the time when this happened near the junction

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Ford done a deal with Here technologies last January. Planning to be in 80% of Fords by end of year. As far as I understand your lidar on your windscreen and your built in modem are collecting information without you doing anything and creating this local hazard feature.

Company is owned by Audi, merc and Daimler and most manufacturers have a share. 

gathering information from literally millions of cars live , it’s pretty clever stuff..

That’s really clever stuff.  
it really confused me at first as never seeing anything like this, I was like. Eh what’s happening.  At first I thought oh no sync has gone wrong.

the timing of it was perfect as well.  I was just coming home from the ford garage to fix a rattle on dashboard. 

At first I thought Have they changed something or updated something.  

but it’s good to know it’s looking to be rolled out from now hopefully 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PLB said:

That’s interesting.

So it looks like it’s not just vehicles on sync 3.4 getting these apparent Hazard warning messages.

I’m on sync 3.3. 19052 with F7 maps the same as you so I will keep an eye out for any new messages.

I’m not sure if it was we were both on the motorway, but it was really useful I will admit.

I believe F9 Maps is being rolled out now on select builds. Dealer I work for done an F9 update yesterday. 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

I believe F9 Maps is being rolled out now on select builds. Dealer I work for done an F9 update yesterday. 👍

Thanks for this...

can you expand, do you have any further details?

If look at earlier threads an Edge owner has got a 3.4 download from the Ford website so things may be starting to happen for us all.

I've got the link to the 3.3 to 3.4 update. It's normally the same for all cars running the same Sync version, however I did pull this from an Edge VIN, thanks to that other thread.

It's much the same as the 3.4 link I found before but includes the voice command update too (and doesn't check for the existing presence of 3.4)

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VCB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VCB.tar.gz
Item3 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open3 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item4 = 5U5T-14G391-AL
Open4 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-AL.tar.gz
Item5 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open5 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

EDIT: Looks like they fixed the bug from the rollout in the US. They had missed the Delay option, which meant it would keep re-applying the update, instead of waiting for you to remove the USB before rebooting.

• Like 1

I had the hazard warning for the first time last week on the M5 just south of Taunton- again notifying debris in the road.
Handy and good for safety.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I had the hazard warning for the first time last week on the M5 just south of Taunton- again notifying debris in the road.

Is the hazard warning feature listed on your sync?

Is the hazard warning feature listed on your sync?
I believe so, will confirm later.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Thanks. What version of sync are you running?

I'm curious as to whether any of you who got the warning were not actively navigating at the time, i.e. just the default home screen on with the half map or the full Nav screen but no destination set.

I'm curious as to whether any of you who got the warning were not actively navigating at the time, i.e. just the default home screen on with the half map or the full Nav screen but no destination set.
No active nav, I can only assume it went by where I was and what direction I was heading.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

No active nav, I can only assume it went by where I was and what direction I was heading.

Thanks, that is good to know because I normally just drive with my default home screen on unless I'm going somewhere that I don't know.

Thanks. What version of sync are you running?
I'm 3.4 from factory

9b22b457ee07e153c7ea8d63452d590f.jpg

• Like 1

I'm on Sync 3.4 build 19274 which seems slightly newer than the above but can't select the hazard option as its greyed out. 

Just now, shawty1984 said:

I'm on Sync 3.4 build 19274 which seems slightly newer than the above but can't select the hazard option as its greyed out. 

Do you have the fordpass features activated? It will need them to work.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Do you have the fordpass features activated? It will need them to work.

Yes.

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm 3.4 from factory

9b22b457ee07e153c7ea8d63452d590f.jpg

Any chance you could post a photo of your ivsu versions? You can find them in test menu. (Hold skip forward on both steering wheel and button under screen, end speaker test and go to APIM menu. )

Will do later.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 7:03 AM, MasterTechTip said:

Ah but was is running Sync 3.2 +  ?

Can't find any reference to ivsu in the test menu.

Just now, Stoney871 said:

Can't find any reference to ivsu in the test menu.

It's in the APIM diagnostics menu, after you end the sound test. On mine it's in the right column of buttons.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club