Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Is this going to cause problems?

You would hope not, given that it's an official update package. I think @alexp999 posted the info above to fix it if it does cause any issues
You have the instructions about right but if you're unsure of the procedure then there's a link on the Ford site to download instructions https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/instructions/app/

The app update was quick enough to do without the engine running, it only took about 15 mins and (assuming the battery is fully charged) sync will stay up for 30 mins. Once the update had completed and the log file uploaded , the 22Gb map update was available almost immediately.

The map update is going to need the engine on though...

Just checked my VIN and the update was available.

Downloaded and installed no maps available yet.

Just now, rayferry said:

Just checked my VIN and the update was available.

Downloaded and installed no maps available yet.

Did you upload the XML from the first update?

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Did you upload the XML from the first update?

Yes I did

That's about 20 minutes from when I uploaded the XML file still no maps.

That might be because the Ford server is overloaded with us all downloading updates😁

My map update is about 50% downloaded , its only taken about an hour so far on a 40Mb Fibre connection.

You must have been lucky. I downloaded 3.4 at 0800 and uploaded xml file but no map update yet. Just saying software up to date

• Like 1

Just checked and yes, finally I am also being offered the update.

At last !!  🍾 

I just tried to do this in my focus 20 plate - update seemed to go ok but my radio station screen still looks the same as before - were the logos not moved to the right hand side or is that a different update?

Also weirdly within settings the General tab is faded out and can not select it, same as ambient lighting settings which is odd as they worked before!

Edit: looks like abit more has gone wrong too - it’s stuck in night mode and my reversing camera / sensors no longer show on the screen... just got home going to turn it all off and hope for the best when I try again later!

Just updated my 20 plate Focus too. It was already on sync 3.4 so not noticed any changes yet. 

The F9 map isn't available to download yet though. I just get the usual message that my software is up to date...

20 minutes ago, simps100 said:

I just tried to do this in my focus 20 plate - update seemed to go ok but my radio station screen still looks the same as before - were the logos not moved to the right hand side or is that a different update?

Also weirdly within settings the General tab is faded out and can not select it, same as ambient lighting settings which is odd as they worked before!

Edit: looks like abit more has gone wrong too - it’s stuck in night mode and my reversing camera / sensors no longer show on the screen... just got home going to turn it all off and hope for the best when I try again later!

If your Focus was built after October, it will have already had the new 3.4 UI.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

If your Focus was built after October, it will have already had the new 3.4 UI.

Thankfully after turning it all off for 5 mins the menus started to work and the camera come back - was there not a UI which moved the logo to the other side or am I going mad? This is what I see now.

37E677BF-C4C9-4668-80C2-EA61530D7BD5.thumb.jpeg.576a38c2f0c0c9915b6ce6b3e1758612.jpegDC881C6A-0DDC-4A63-BD86-4BB462C32BB7.thumb.jpeg.2027a8b9757da048774a3e8993493f88.jpeg

1 minute ago, simps100 said:

Thankfully after turning it all off for 5 mins the menus started to work and the camera come back - was there not a UI which moved the logo to the other side or am I going mad? This is what I see now.

37E677BF-C4C9-4668-80C2-EA61530D7BD5.thumb.jpeg.576a38c2f0c0c9915b6ce6b3e1758612.jpegDC881C6A-0DDC-4A63-BD86-4BB462C32BB7.thumb.jpeg.2027a8b9757da048774a3e8993493f88.jpeg

The newer 20196 moves it to the right, much better layout imo.

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The newer 20196 moves it to the right, much better layout imo.

Ah thought there was one which did move it to the right agreed looks better in pictures - I guess 20196 isn’t officially available from Ford just yet?

I'm sure somebody said the was a calm screen which just showed the clock by pressing the screen off button twice, this does not work for me.

1 hour ago, Mark-UK said:

I'm sure somebody said the was a calm screen which just showed the clock by pressing the screen off button twice, this does not work for me.

Calm screen works for me. 1st press of screen off button is calm screen, 2nd press is screen off.

Does it have to be done in exfat? Every time I format in exfat, the USB in the car doesn't recognise it.

2 hours ago, jamokuga said:

Just updated my 20 plate Focus too. It was already on sync 3.4 so not noticed any changes yet. 

The F9 map isn't available to download yet though. I just get the usual message that my software is up to date...

Its out there on the server but by now every owner in Europe could be trying to download it at the same time  , so we're probably back to just waiting or maybe trying during the night

52 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Does it have to be done in exfat? Every time I format in exfat, the USB in the car doesn't recognise it.

That’s strange, it should just work. The instructions on the Ford website state the usb drive should be formatted exfat.

D0FFA8A4-9DC8-4749-98CE-5341B1C12EED.jpeg

Just now, colinmcg71 said:

That’s strange, it should just work. The instructions on the Ford website state the usb drive should be formatted exfat.

D0FFA8A4-9DC8-4749-98CE-5341B1C12EED.jpeg

I know, the USB works in the car but when formatted to exfat, says it's not supported. Going to try formatting it on the PC instead of the Chromebook to see if that's why. 

If its not a stupid question what vehicle are you trying to update as your profile shows you have a 2013 status?

Guys I’m struggling

cansomeone attach a screenshot of the files (extracted) for first download? 

thanks

24 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

If its not a stupid question what vehicle are you trying to update as your profile shows you have a 2013 status?

Mk4 ST, just haven't updated my profile. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club