Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

11 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

So after downloading your link and extracting to USB theres just the 2 folders "syncMyRide" and "autoinstall.lst" is this correct ?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Map available 😃

then...

No action is required ☹️

Sync update was quick ...23mins

Ford account says “A new map update is available “

I click on it ...says “up to date “ which it isn’t. 
Also didn’t realise it requires a 32gb memory stick! Went and bought  a 16gb earlier. 

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The map update to me about 2 hrs. The system update about 20-30 mins. 

Did the website give you the map update option immediately after updating sync? Mines saying “no action is required” 

So after downloading your link and extracting to USB theres just the 2 folders "syncMyRide" and "autoinstall.lst" is this correct ?

There should be 2 files in the root directory, autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA and 1 folder SyncMyRide with a number of files with the extension .tar.gz

Beware, the zip file is poorly configured, it will unzip fine using Windows but if you try to unzip using Linux (and possibly MacOs) you will end up with the .tar.gz files in the root directory and names prefixed with SyncMyRide\ . You will need to manually create the SyncMyRide directory and rename and move the .tar.gz files.

1 minute ago, ianincheshire said:

There should be 2 files in the root directory, autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA and 1 folder SyncMyRide with a number of files with the extension .tar.gz

Beware, the zip file is poorly configured, it will unzip fine using Windows but if you try to unzip using Linux (and possibly MacOs) you will end up with the .tar.gz files in the root directory and names prefixed with SyncMyRide\ . You will need to manually create the SyncMyRide directory and rename and move the .tar.gz files.

The DONTINDX isn’t always in the packages. 

It ought to be. Its presence prevents Sync from trying to index the USB drive.

Just now, ianincheshire said:

It ought to be. Its presence prevents Sync from trying to index the USB drive.

Oh I know. I’m just saying it’s not always in the zip files. Lol. 

Tbf all they have to do is program sync to check for the presence of the auto install file instead. Before trying to index. I wonder if they’ve done that and it’s just perhaps a relic from the Windows Embedded sync 1 and 2 days. 

Possibly. You're absolutely correct though, I've just checked and it was in the App update zip but not in the Map one.

They probably just forgot about it...

It can't hurt to put one on the USB drive though. There's nothing actually in the file, its empty. It's the fact that its there that may be significant

so this is what the uSB files should be before install?

2 files in the root directory, autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA and 1 folder SyncMyRide with a number of files with the extension .tar.gz

correct?

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

last question.

so even though the download in the car has finished. took 1.5 hrs. the files will be installing in the background?

so tomorrow Ill be on F9 😁

alex... any thoughts?

Is this a new feature on the automatic updates screen? Date and time seems to correspond to when I ran the interrogator to generate the xml file that I uploaded back to Ford.

3353AB4B-DDC8-49C4-9E96-7BA490322BE1.jpeg

Did you just go out for drive while it was it was updating or leaving it running on the drive 

35 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Is this a new feature on the automatic updates screen? Date and time seems to correspond to when I ran the interrogator to generate the xml file that I uploaded back to Ford.

3353AB4B-DDC8-49C4-9E96-7BA490322BE1.jpeg

Yes that is new, if you press Scan for updates, it'll change to the time it finishes the scan.

• Thanks 1

A couple of things

1) I have no calm screen, using the button it's either on or off.

2) Not sure if this is new or not, I can zoom the map using the tune knob

3) I have station logo on the home screen but not on the audio screen (and I've never understood the "Radio Text" or EPG options)

IMG_20200926_165005.jpg

IMG_20200926_165017.jpg

I’ve a 2019 (Jan 19 build) Fiesta ST-3, which is running Sync 3.3 & F7 maps file, apparently there’s no updates available for me. I’ve tried on the Ford website & using the Wi-Fi updates. 😞

The updates usually get rolled out a model at a time. Usually least popular to most popular. Fiesta will probably get it last due to the biggest install base once all the others have had it and it’s gone ok. 

44 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

A couple of things

1) I have no calm screen, using the button it's either on or off.

2) Not sure if this is new or not, I can zoom the map using the tune knob

3) I have station logo on the home screen but not on the audio screen (and I've never understood the "Radio Text" or EPG options)

1) How does your display settings page look? I’ve posted mine below.

2) Map Zoom with the tune knob is new in 3.4.

3) Could be a problem with the DAB logo file that ends AD. @alexp999 mentioned that Sync 3.4.20136 didn’t display logos correctly with that file.

FC50FFDF-33D9-4E86-8B39-7F5BEDB8F4EC.jpeg

8087E2EB-E6EC-4E2C-BA37-F14B25DB97B8.jpeg

Hi everyone. I experience the exact same problem with Alex.S. I updated this morning (around 10 am if it matters) from 3.3 to 3.4 and I uploaded the log file. All went smoothly and now my car runs Sync 3.4. But when I check for the maps update, even though I have a notification that there is an update available when I click on it  says “up to date “. My car now has the F8 maps and I am waiting for the F9 to be released. Any thoughts why this is happening? 

• Like 1

Some reasons already given earlier but could be because by now there's probably tens of thousands of owners in Europe all wanting it at the same time .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

1) How does your display settings page look? I’ve posted mine below.

2)

FC50FFDF-33D9-4E86-8B39-7F5BEDB8F4EC.jpeg

Yours is different from mine , I don't have the calm screen option at all 😢  and it's one of the things I really wanted

IMG_20200926_181800.jpg

So I've updates system and maps.

I don't seem to have the ability to voice control navigation - fairly sure it was there before, but not 100% sure as I didn't use the nav due to hopelessly out of date maps.

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT - I also didn't get a confirmation xml file for the maps. Should I have done?

My post seemed to have got lost in all the posts. 

Please can someone answer my questions ?

Silly question. I am little worried about doing the update. If for any reason it fails does it have any fail safe? Would it just reset to the original firmware? Also, I originally read sometime ago that you should keep the engine running to do updates?

If it fails for some reason it probably wouldn't install so you would be left on previous version. Although sync3 update only takes around 20 min to install i would run engine as depending on battery condition sync3 could shut down before then.

52 minutes ago, CallMeSteven said:

My post seemed to have got lost in all the posts. 

Please can someone answer my questions ?

Silly question. I am little worried about doing the update. If for any reason it fails does it have any fail safe? Would it just reset to the original firmware? Also, I originally read sometime ago that you should keep the engine running to do updates?

I had the same thought.  Was going to take it to the dealer next week but would involve booking it in etc . I’m no good with PC but I know someone who is. He figured out from the Ford instructions fairly quickly. Plugged the memory stick into the car , went for a drive , 23 minutes..sorted. 
Issue now is getting F9 maps...website says I’m up to date..I’m not ..still on F8. 
best of luck Steven 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club