Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, tonycollinet said:

So I've updates system and maps.

I don't seem to have the ability to voice control navigation - fairly sure it was there before, but not 100% sure as I didn't use the nav due to hopelessly out of date maps.

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT - I also didn't get a confirmation xml file for the maps. Should I have done?

I can’t seem to get the F9 maps. But voice control on F8 Ford Nav does work. 

I did manage to update to F9 maps and uploaded the xml afterwards and got the confirmation that I was all up to date. Checked the Sync site to make sure and it's still offering me the map update. Ford servers must be very busy.

• Like 1

So it turns out I'd only done half the update. 45 minutes after starting a re-try, I got the XML file. - Everything now complete.

Still no voice control for navigation though.

35 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

So it turns out I'd only done half the update. 45 minutes after starting a re-try, I got the XML file. - Everything now complete.

Not complete then? 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Not complete then? 

Well, complete in that the car says it is complete and generates an xml file that convinces fords servers that it is complete.

9 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

Well, complete in that the car says it is complete and generates an xml file that convinces fords servers that it is complete.

Something wrong in the update ? I got the sync update but not the F9 maps. 

Something wrong in the update ? I got the sync update but not the F9 maps. 

Did you upload the xml file? I uploaded it. I thought that was the procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Giannis82 said:

Did you upload the xml file? I uploaded it. I thought that was the procedure.

I got a friend who’s knowledgeable with PC to do it so i don’t know about xml file. 
but you uploaded it yet still didn’t get an opportunity to get the maps? 
I’ll ask him next I see him. 

I got a friend who’s knowledgeable with PC to do it so i don’t know about xml file. 
but you uploaded it yet still didn’t get an opportunity to get the maps? 
I’ll ask him next I see him. 

That’s right. I log into my Ford account and I get a notification that maps update is available. When I click to download the file, I get the message that everything is up to date.

Hi Everyone,

I did update on dad's Focus Active X to latest sync firmware, uploaded the xml file and now it says it's updated but maps option has disappeared from the ford update site. It says software is updated. Anyone else having the same problem?

Thank you Alex.S,

So I'm not the only one then. Thing is, when I search update for my car which is Focus Vignale it shows a map update with size of 14GB. If you search sync update directly on the car then within 5 mins it shows an update and starts download but it is very very slow.

Glad I decided to have a late visit to the forums, wasn’t expecting 3.4 to be released for months so this is a nice surprise,

just downloaded and will install in the morning

one thing I’ve noticed though reading is there seems to be a few people having issues with the DAB logos not showing.. is this common/rare/certain models? Currently on 3.3 and they’re all showing perfectly so don’t want to lose them!

17 hours ago, alexp999 said:

No that’s just one of the map voice files. There are about a dozen files it has to download for the map update. It will take some time. Usually they update overnight so finish by the time you need the car again. 

Checked this morning and still on F7.

will it be ok to use ALEXP999 Down load on usb ?

even though I already have one file downloaded over Wi-fi .....

Many thanks for the replies.

If the map updates take two hours to complete, surely the engine does not have to be running for two hours does it?

(I will wait a few weeks to try update..it sounds like the servers are swamped right now.)

Hi there

Just a quick update, Ford sync 3.4 succesfully updated. Took around 10 ~ 12 minutes to update on my way to work yesterday, will make a comment later on regarding the new display layout. Hot spot WiFi works though.

Currentley transfering downloaded file of F9 maps onto 32GB usb stick (around 21.5GB file).

Will comment later in the week after it has downloaded F9 maps onto the car

Jonsey😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonycollinet said:

Might be worth trying a master reset.

Voice control for navigation didn’t work for me when I manually updated to the earlier version of F9 maps. A master reset got everything working properly. 
The update to this latest version of F9 maps went fine and voice control for nav still works.

Many thanks for the replies.

If the map updates take two hours to complete, surely the engine does not have to be running for two hours does it?

The problem is that without the engine running, the sync system will automatically shutdown in about 30 minutes to avoid discharging the battery. If that happens when updating, the update will restart again from the beginning the next time sync is active. Given that the map update takes around a couple of hours, sync WILL shutdown before its completed if the engine isn't running. Actually the map update is done in 2 parts so the engine has to be stopped, the door opened and sync shutdown/restarted in between the 2 parts. So what you really need is 2 one hour journeys(or engine runs) to complete the update.

• Like 1

Are people getting maps (those that updated today or yesterday) from the Ford website or the link provided in here?

7 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

The problem is that without the engine running, the sync system will automatically shutdown in about 30 minutes to avoid discharging the battery. If that happens when updating, the update will restart again from the beginning the next time sync is active. Given that the map update takes around a couple of hours, sync WILL shutdown before its completed if the engine isn't running. Actually the map update is done in 2 parts so the engine has to be stopped, the door opened and sync shutdown/restarted in between the 2 parts. So what you really need is 2 one hour journeys(or engine runs) to complete the update.

You don’t need to stop between the first two parts. It auto reboots sync itself and carries on. You only need to ignition off for the very last part before it runs the log tool. 

• Like 1

Did a master reset to see if the missing calm screen came back and no, but things I did learn.  The connect to wifi is far far easier, no typing passwords in you can now just use the WPS button on your router.

Also the auto system update does actually work

IMG_20200927_102320.jpg

• Like 1

You don’t need to stop between the first two parts. It auto reboots sync itself and carries on. You only need to ignition off for the very last part before it runs the log tool. 

I stand corrected, I was going on my experience with a map update on my previous Mondeo Sync3 system. That was a 2-part update and needed a shutdown in between. Obviously Ford have 'improved' the system since then (2 years ago!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Did a master reset to see if the missing calm screen came back and no, but things I did learn.  The connect to wifi is far far easier, no typing passwords in you can now just use the WPS button on your router.

Also the auto system update does actually work

IMG_20200927_102320.jpg

Did you end up with maps F9 ? 

I got the same file auto download as you but that was the only file ( voice I think) 

system state all up to date but still on F 7 😡

Is there 2 updates a sync update then a map update should it be F9 update for maps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club