Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

7 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Did you end up with maps F9 ? 

I got the same file auto download as you but that was the only file ( voice I think) 

system state all up to date but still on F 7 😡

It was  still downloading when I turned the engine off, but I have downloaded Alex's file and after unpacking it and having a look, your correct this is just the voice file.
I'm guessing it'll do one file at a time over a very long wifi download.

1 minute ago, Mark-UK said:

It was  still downloading when I turned the engine off, but I have downloaded Alex's file and after unpacking it and having a look, your correct this is just the voice file.
I'm guessing it'll do one file at a time over a very long wifi download.

I’ve tried auto downloads again today and it states all up to date!

my Ford account advised maps available but when you click on the link again it states all up to date.

this is a nightmare........

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

I’ve tried auto downloads again today and it states all up to date!

my Ford account advised maps available but when you click on the link again it states all up to date.

this is a nightmare........

I think we all will have to show a little patience. Now I've seen the map files are downloading via auto update, I suspect Ford have disabled website downloads to control server loads.

Those who are missing DAB logos, is it ALL or as with me random ones

IMG_20200927_103238.jpg

IMG_20200927_103317.jpg

IMG_20200927_103403.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Those who are missing DAB logos, is it ALL or as with me random ones

IMG_20200927_103238.jpg

IMG_20200927_103317.jpg

IMG_20200927_103403.jpg

Random for me......

• Like 1

I have upgraded directly from 3.319052 to 3.420196 (ie not the subsequently Ford offered 3.420136) & from F7 maps to F9+ maps (ie latest version). I didn't use the cyanlabs method. Using USB - the times for the updates were 20 mins & 2 hours 10 mins respectively, with engine running on the drive.

Ironically, given the grief waiting for map updates, I don't have a calm screen option. (Focus Zetec - purchased July 2019).
Also on Android auto - navigation info isn't presented in the small panel in front of the driver.

I've noticed issues with the audio that have been reported elsewhere eg next track button below the display jumps 2 tracks (similar option on display or steering wheel works ok), etc Radio Logos - missing after first restart - most appeared after a couple of sync/engine restarts and/or elapsed time.

However, I've issues with system voice that I haven't seen reported elsewhere
- when pressing the voice control button - I just hear a ding - rather than  a ding followed by 'Sync please say a command'
- when listening to help for commands after 10-15 seconds of good quality speech the voice often 'breaks up or skips' (seemingly at the same point)
- after issuing the command 'voice control settings' - the spoken output breaks up and seems to include references to file names (eg for tones) !

I was wondering whether any others on the list on 3.420196 have similar problems with voice ?

The voice associated with the 3.420196 release is 5U5T-14G391-AM_1598633466000.TAR.GZ

I have performed a Master Reset & the situations were unchanged.

Aside: The ford update site is still offering me 3.420136 - I have uploaded the xml which will show I'm on 3.420196. I haven't switched auto update back on. ;-o

I've noticed the same voice break up with 20136 also no Dab logos  and no calm screen and of course no F9 map update offered yet and I was probably one of first to get the sync3.4  download and upload the xml. I was actually on the Ford website when it went from up to date to being offered 3.4 at about 0700 on Friday

@StewartHarris Same for me on 20196, weird file names occasionally spoken in reply to asking for voice control settings. 
I've uploaded both xml files for Sync and map updates. Sync shows as up to date, map download still being offered.

This tread is very helpful.  So we have two cars which had Sync 3.3.  A Focus Vignale on 19 palte and a Fiesta TItanium on 68 Plate.  When putting in the VINs I downloaded the Focus Sync 3.4 and installed in on the Fiesta as I thought it was the Fiesta one!  It worked OK.  THen I did it on the Focus and that was fine.

But then the Focus update said that there were no maps available but on checking the fiesta one there was the F9 maps.  So I downlaoded them.  No DONTIDX file but the Fiesta seemed to update OK although still no numbers for my road which is 10 years old!  Anyone know something new i can search for please to check its working?

Thanks

For those not hearing any voice command prompts go into settings , voice and make sure the advanced option is turned off.

Just updated,

First impressions are awful but im hoping this is down to it updating still...

extremely laggy, currently have no dab station logos and when I turned the vehicle back on after it telling me to remove the usb and restart as the update is complete, upon turning it back on it said please leave the usb in while the update completes... So I put the usb back in which im sure just ran the whole installation again

also noticed on start up my screen had the Ford logo instead of the Vignale one, not sure again if this might be a one off with it updating still... @Comares2001 have you had this?

Turned the car off now as it said completed again, going to go back in 15 mins and see if all is okay after a restart, fingers crossed

Edit: okay so after a restart we are all good, however still have a big loss of DAB logos, any idea on the fix for this or if they will just appear again? 

Some are there and some arnt, give me my Radio X logo back!

37 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Just updated,

First impressions are awful but im hoping this is down to it updating still...

extremely laggy, currently have no dab station logos and when I turned the vehicle back on after it telling me to remove the usb and restart as the update is complete, upon turning it back on it said please leave the usb in while the update completes... So I put the usb back in which im sure just ran the whole installation again

also noticed on start up my screen had the Ford logo instead of the Vignale one, not sure again if this might be a one off with it updating still... @Comares2001 have you had this?

Turned the car off now as it said completed again, going to go back in 15 mins and see if all is okay after a restart, fingers crossed

Edit: okay so after a restart we are all good, however still have a big loss of DAB logos, any idea on the fix for this or if they will just appear again? 

Some are there and some arnt, give me my Radio X logo back!

Ford logo came up first time but then later reverted to Vignale. I have no station logos no calm screen as others have and more worrying  there is break up during voice prompts for voice commands. Others have also i believe experienced this .

4 hours ago, StewartHarris said:

I've noticed issues with the audio that have been reported elsewhere eg next track button below the display jumps 2 tracks (similar option on display or steering wheel works ok), etc Radio Logos - missing after first restart - most appeared after a couple of sync/engine restarts and/or elapsed time.

However, I've issues with system voice that I haven't seen reported elsewhere
- when pressing the voice control button - I just hear a ding - rather than  a ding followed by 'Sync please say a command'

With the command prompt, if you go into settings > voice commands, theres an option for advanced prompts which can be disabled/enabled

Hows the DAB logos missing looking? have more just continued to come back on their own? 

@Andyr55 & @Mark-UK any luck with yours re-apearing? 

OK - for those who have been installing maps, how are you keeping the engine running for so long.

I have it running on the drive keys in, unlocked (Behind a locked gate 🙂 ). It will only run for about 1/2 hour before turning off. I've tried going in every 15 minutes and turning the wheel, but that didn't solve it last time.

Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this?

Thanks.

Just now, tonycollinet said:

OK - for those who have been installing maps, how are you keeping the engine running for so long.

I have it running on the drive keys in, unlocked (Behind a locked gate 🙂 ). It will only run for about 1/2 hour before turning off. I've tried going in every 15 minutes and turning the wheel, but that didn't solve it last time.

Thanks.

You have to be in the car to override it. It comes up with a message in the display with a 30s countdown before it shuts off. Just press ok to keep it running. 

1 minute ago, tonycollinet said:

Thanks.

Yes, vehicle settings on instrument cluster, untick max 30 minute idle. It will re-enable itself the next time you turn ignition off and on.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

You have to be in the car to override it. It comes up with a message in the display with a 30s countdown before it shuts off. Just press ok to keep it running. 

Thanks - are people sitting in the car for two hours, or is this at predictable (eg half hour) intervals?

Just now, colinmcg71 said:

Yes, vehicle settings on instrument cluster, untick max 30 minute idle. It will re-enable itself the next time you turn ignition off and on.

Ah - even better. Thanks - will give that a try.

Just now, tonycollinet said:

Ah - even better. Thanks - will give that a try.

I also turned off auto stop/start.

Has anyone got the F9 maps today that couldn’t get it yesterday? 
I’m in same situation as yesterday. 

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

With the command prompt, if you go into settings > voice commands, theres an option for advanced prompts which can be disabled/enabled

Hows the DAB logos missing looking? have more just continued to come back on their own? 

@Andyr55 & @Mark-UK any luck with yours re-apearing? 

no. none have reappeared since initial updates. I have about 10 percent.

anyone have a fix??

• Sad 1

I managed to download the F9 maps last night and put onto a USB stick, I will load onto the car when I go for a long drive.

I'm wondering why people can download the maps and others can't.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club