Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Still no map updates and I confirmed sync update 2 days ago.
Ffs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Still no map updates and I confirmed sync update 2 days ago.
Ffs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Same for me - just getting the software up to date message. Doesn't even check for map updates.

Seems strange that some people are getting the F9 update straight after updating to 3.4 and many others are not. 

I’ve done the update about 4 hours ago, updated ford with the XML file. 
Now when I search the vin number in Sync, it’s says up to date, but doesn’t even attempt to show a map update,

however the car is downloading an update.  But it was taking for ever.

will check again in the morning now. 

I downloaded and installed the Sync 3.4 update this afternoon, went back on to my computer, uploaded the update confirmation file and the then the maps were there ready for download straight away - one word of warning - if you're planning on downloading the maps through your car's auto-update feature, you could be there for a while - the map files clock in at 22Gb which is going to take an awfully long time!

I would love to be able to download the maps from the pc. I don’t get an option any more.

only shows the sync update saying complete now.  

Map update part has completely vanished all together. 

It's a bit worrying that some aren't seeing the map update.

I think its a case of most people aren't getting the map update.  Because of their own monumental cockup over18months Ford are probably now swamped by demand from all over Europe.

Ive had f9 maps for a while now on my 2018 mk3.5 . Will I be able to get sync 3.4 or not?b438f8eab1b964980ab8acc6efcde8fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Ive had f9 maps for a while now on my 2018 mk3.5 . Will I be able to get sync 3.4 or not?b438f8eab1b964980ab8acc6efcde8fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not by any official means, as you're one 3.0.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FezMan said:

With the command prompt, if you go into settings > voice commands, theres an option for advanced prompts which can be disabled/enabled

Hows the DAB logos missing looking? have more just continued to come back on their own? 

@Andyr55 & @Mark-UK any luck with yours re-apearing? 

Sorry - should have said - I checked the advanced settings & toggled it in case they'd got it the wrong way round (!) - voice issues remain

I've just checked logos (bearing in mind I'm on 20196)

- I have logos on both DAB & FM

- If I search through the FM stations - sometimes I will get logos - sometimes I won't for the SAME station ie there are several Radio 1's Radio 2's etc - some display logos on FM - some don't

- On DAB - I don't have a logo for Radio5Live - but do have logos for Radio 1-4 & local radio. Heart70's & Heart90's have logos, Heart80's doesn't !

Sorry if this is teaching Grandma to suck eggs etc - but have you checked that you have the correct version of logos installed for your Sync revision ?

I'm wondering whether there is an official useful way to report these issues to Ford ....... (useful => Ford will look at the issue & do something about it). Ford do have elements of their userbase worldwide that are prepared to test & report & make the product better & robust ;-o

1 minute ago, StewartHarris said:

Sorry - should have said - I checked the advanced settings & toggled it in case they'd got it the wrong way round (!) - voice issues remain

- If I search through the FM stations - sometimes I will get logos - sometimes I won't for the SAME station ie there are several Radio 1's Radio 2's etc - some display logos on FM - some don't

- On DAB - I don't have a logo for Radio5Live - but do have logos for Radio 1-4 & local radio. Heart70's & Heart90's have logos, Heart80's doesn't !

Sorry if this is teaching Grandma to suck eggs etc - but have you checked that you have the correct version of logos installed for your Sync revision ?

I'm wondering whether there is an official useful way to report these issues to Ford ....... (useful => Ford will look at the issue & do something about it). Ford do have elements of their userbase worldwide that are prepared to test & report & make the product better & robust ;-o

How did you update to 20196 though? If you used cyanlabs, it will have installed the latest version of DAB logos.

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

How did you update to 20196 though? If you used cyanlabs, it will have installed the latest version of DAB logos.

I've believe I've got the right logos for 20196 (1U5T-14G658-AF). I *think* 20136 logos are (1U5T-14G658-AE) - needs checking; I've never run 20136. For me on 3.319052 they were 1U5T-14G658-AD.

BTW - I didn't use the Cyanlabs reformat method - that was plan 'B' - I looked at what others had done on various forums - got the latest files & created an autoinstall.lst that would mimic what I thought Ford would/should eventually issue.

However - I've just looked at the zip file that Ford gave me from their website to upgrade from 3.319052 to 3.420136 .... AND it doesn't include a logo update or system voice update.... ;-o

(I think this may have been mentioned earlier in this thread)

So after finding out how to stop the car switching of, I reinstalled the F9 map package yesterday.

Still don't have voice control of navigation. Is this likely to be in the maps package or the 3.4 package. If the latter - is it worth me trying to re-install 3.4?

5 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

So after finding out how to stop the car switching of, I reinstalled the F9 map package yesterday.

Still don't have voice control of navigation. Is this likely to be in the maps package or the 3.4 package. If the latter - is it worth me trying to re-install 3.4?

The nav voice is in the maps package.

44 minutes ago, StewartHarris said:

I've believe I've got the right logos for 20196 (1U5T-14G658-AF). I *think* 20136 logos are (1U5T-14G658-AE) - needs checking; I've never run 20136. For me on 3.319052 they were 1U5T-14G658-AD.

BTW - I didn't use the Cyanlabs reformat method - that was plan 'B' - I looked at what others had done on various forums - got the latest files & created an autoinstall.lst that would mimic what I thought Ford would/should eventually issue.

However - I've just looked at the zip file that Ford gave me from their website to upgrade from 3.319052 to 3.420136 .... AND it doesn't include a logo update or system voice update.... ;-o

(I think this may have been mentioned earlier in this thread)

so the conclusion is when you update to 3.4 20136 your DAB logo files are missing.? 

Error on Fords part?

1 hour ago, StewartHarris said:

Sorry when it comes to anything other than 'download the file off the sync website and plug the usb in' then im lost haha.

I have the same thing with having some stations and not others but from the same radio company, so for example I have Radio 1 Xtra but not Radio 1/2 which I find odd.

The screenshot shows what files I have installed, any way to tell from these which version of 3.4 Im on? (and of course the autoinstall and DONTINDX file)

And is it a simple thing to update the DAB logos file to get them back? Or do you think ford might push an update or they will just reappear eventually?

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 10.31.25.png

4 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Sorry when it comes to anything other than 'download the file off the sync website and plug the usb in' then im lost haha.

I have the same thing with having some stations and not others but from the same radio company, so for example I have Radio 1 Xtra but not Radio 1/2 which I find odd.

The screenshot shows what files I have installed, any way to tell from these which version of 3.4 Im on? (and of course the autoinstall and DONTINDX file)

And is it a simple thing to update the DAB logos file to get them back? Or do you think ford might push an update or they will just reappear eventually?

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 10.31.25.png

I didn't have 5UST-14G391-AL on my down load?

am I missing a file

12 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

I didn't have 5UST-14G391-AL on my down load?

am I missing a file

I would have no idea

I’ve always had 5 of those files when I’ve downloaded an update both on my old fiesta and my focus 

I am having problems here with an additional folder appearing on my download, mainly, System volume information. I have attempted to update the system in the car,  the first part of the update should take around 30 minutes, but while it says it is updating, it has been showing that for over an hour. I have stopped the update and removed the flash drive from the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Ford update.PNG

1 minute ago, Martin222 said:

I am having problems here with an additional folder appearing on my download, mainly, System volume information. I have attempted to update the system in the car,  the first part of the update should take around 30 minutes, but while it says it is updating, it has been showing that for over an hour. I have stopped the update and removed the flash drive from the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Ford update.PNG

It's a hidden system folder that windows shows. It's just because you've got show hidden/system files turned on in Windows explorer. Don't worry about it.

If you are doing maps it takes about 2 hrs total.

Thank you for that reply, much appreciated. It was the map update, so I just need to be patient.

Alexp

any ideas or thoughts around the maps update? 

as I updated to 3.4 over Wi-fi do you suggest I do the same for maps ?

I have your suggested maps download on usb will that still work despite the fact if one of the maps files (voice) already updated over Wi-fi until of OTA option was stopped/suspended.

is patience the answer😏

On 9/27/2020 at 12:25 AM, Ams said:

Thank you Alex.S,

So I'm not the only one then. Thing is, when I search update for my car which is Focus Vignale it shows a map update with size of 14GB. If you search sync update directly on the car then within 5 mins it shows an update and starts download but it is very very slow.

Did you get the Maps on the website today? 
I’ve had no luck..

Can someone clear up what the most recent official version is for me please? I updated last night and my car is now showing 3.4, version 20136 with no updates showing on the ford website (apart from the map update with no option to download, which is another story).

However, I've seen posts mentioning 20196. Has something gone wrong with my update and I'm stuck on an old version, or is 20196 an unofficial release?

• Like 1