Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

20196 hasn’t not been released officially. 

20136 is the update being offered to 3.3+ cars. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

20196 hasn’t not been released officially. 

20136 is the update being offered to 3.3+ cars. 

Would you expect ford to roll out 20196 eventually then?

And hopefully fix this dab logo issue.. 

22 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Would you expect ford to roll out 20196 eventually then?

And hopefully fix this dab logo issue.. 

They don’t release every build as end user updates. 

it won’t fix dab logos. The issue is that the dab package is too old for the newer app build. 

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

it won’t fix dab logos. The issue is that the dab package is too old for the newer app build. 

So will a new dab package be imminent?

still no sign of maps over Wi-fi 

2 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Alexp

any ideas or thoughts around the maps update? 

as I updated to 3.4 over Wi-fi do you suggest I do the same for maps ?

I have your suggested maps download on usb will that still work despite the fact if one of the maps files (voice) already updated over Wi-fi until of OTA option was stopped/suspended.

is patience the answer😏

Alexp999 

any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Did you get the Maps on the website today? 
I’ve had no luck..

Nope,

Still showing nothing at all.

Has anyone  load Alex's map files on to Fords 3.4 update, and are there any issues in doing so.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Ah that’s a pain, don’t suppose you know of any solution in the mean time? 
is updating the dab logo package alone a simple thing or even possible?

5 hours ago, FezMan said:

I would have no idea

I’ve always had 5 of those files when I’ve downloaded an update both on my old fiesta and my focus 

I am also missing that file (5UST-14G391-AL) - anyone know if that is a problem? Could it be related to my missing voice control of navigation?

31 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Has anyone  load Alex's map files on to Fords 3.4 update, and are there any issues in doing so.

I've downloaded and unzipped it without any problem and its all there. I haven't installed in car yet because I was going to wait a while longer for the Ford website download plus in the car its trying to  download F9 at a snails pace via WiFi as others have found. I'll probably lose patience soon an install Alex's download.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, my Dad has a Kuga on 3.0 (can’t get 3.3), I put his VIN in yesterday and there was a 23gb maps update, can only assume this is F9

if I was to put this onto a USB would I be able to use this in my focus, or would different cars have different file types etc?

im not too fussed about the maps as I always use car play for navigation but might give it a try.

Just now, FezMan said:

Just out of curiosity, my Dad has a Kuga on 3.0 (can’t get 3.3), I put his VIN in yesterday and there was a 23gb maps update, can only assume this is F9

if I was to put this onto a USB would I be able to use this in my focus, or would different cars have different file types etc?

im not too fussed about the maps as I always use car play for navigation but might give it a try.

No, it's different.

Not because of the cars, but because that particular Kuga is 3.0, yours is 3.3+.

• Thanks 1

Just an update:

i got my car and there was a message that my sync has been updated. Did a search for update and it won’t work at all. When I put my VIN on update site it shows as software is upto date but a map update is required with file size of 14Gb only. Nothing changed for dad’s car. 

In my 2017 Focus I have managed to update the map to v9 build 19025, (and what a pain it was), and a big thank you to those on here that help me do this.  However, with regard to the sync version, it says it's up to date at v 3.0, is it not possible to get the latest v 3.3  version?

4 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Yes I have.  Maps now at F9.

I also updated to 3420196 to solve a few bugs in the 3420136.  So far all seems to be ok.  Most DAB logos are back.

There are still some bugs with the voice activation i.e. When you press the voice command from the steering collumn you dont get the "say a command" although your command is recognised when you speak. Plus the list of commands does not function (may need a master reset to resolve this but I have not tried that yet)

2 hours ago, Martin222 said:

In my 2017 Focus I have managed to update the map to v9 build 19025, (and what a pain it was), and a big thank you to those on here that help me do this.  However, with regard to the sync version, it says it's up to date at v 3.0, is it not possible to get the latest v 3.3  version?

The only way to get the v3.0 to update to 3.4 is via the CyanLabs way which reformats the Sync drive.

• Like 1

Are you best letting the maps download by wifi or just do of the ford website via usb 

Also I don’t have any dab logos after the new update how do you get them back 

21 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Are you best letting the maps download by wifi or just do of the ford website via usb 

I have never used wifi for maps but I believe this method is VERY slow. If you can get the maps via the Ford website on a USB stick then I would suggest this would be quicker.

22 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

The DAB logos are very hit -and miss.  Mine mostly returned after a system restart.  Failing this I did get some back by re-tuning the frequencies.

Trouble is at moment most people are not getting offered download from website but wifi is working albeit very slowly. Maybe better than nothing at all.

2 minutes ago, whitecarman said:

The DAB logos are very hit -and miss.  Mine mostly returned after a system restart.  Failing this I did get some back by re-tuning the frequencies.

5 minutes ago, whitecarman said:

I have never used wifi for maps but I believe this method is VERY slow. If you can get the maps via the Ford website on a USB stick then I would suggest this would be quicker.

Yeah I will I got a map update straight away it’s 22.6gb it doesn’t say if it’s the f9 update or not

34 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

A lot of us are in the same boat with this one 😪

3 minutes ago, FezMan said:

A lot of us are in the same boat with this one 😪

Around page 15 on this thread there was a discussion about logos when updating to 3.421036. My reading is that the logo file needs to be applied manually - its not part of Ford's download & the logo file from 3.3 doesn't work properly. Its not perfect - but neither are the logos on the later revision of sync 3.420196.

If you are OK with IT then it should be easy to apply, I think.

Cyanlabs now have just recently modified their updater (windows only). I've just done a dry run & it allowed me to just select the logo file (ENH-DAB) for my revision (20196) & it automatically creates a USB with an autoinstall.lst for just this file. NB ensure you give it the correct version of sync for your unit - otherwise 'interesting things' may happen. If worried just open the autoinstall.lst file with an editor & look at it to see what it will do - it should only be trying to install the one item.

Disclaimer: - I have no connection with Cyanlabs - but have followed their discussions & development of their updater - they do pull files off the 'Ford servers'. (In a prior version - which were called Ford Sync Downloader - the only approach was to reformat the unit & install the software - you don't want to do that ! The later Syn 3 updater is more flexible. You just need to update the logo file & it would seem that the Syn 3 updater will create a USB to do that - but I don't have the capability to fully test it.

If you are IT savvy - a good browse around Cyanlabs site should give confidence.

I hope this helps

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The nav voice is in the maps package.

For clarification - my issue isn't with the voice prompts from the satnav - it is that I cannot control the satnav with voice commands - eg "navigate to  home"

Is that still in the maps package, or is that part of the 3.4 update?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club