Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Just tried my flashdrive again but did not start engine just turned on ignition it read update installing left it for 30 minutes and turned on navigation it does seem as though there is a lot more things on it but how do i check whether it is F7 or F8 or F9

2 minutes ago, Usinspain said:

Just tried my flashdrive again but did not start engine just turned on ignition it read update installing left it for 30 minutes and turned on navigation it does seem as though there is a lot more things on it but how do i check whether it is F7 or F8 or F9

If it was 30 mins you have probably updated to sync 3.4. Not maps.

2 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Anyone seeing any movement on the ford web site offering mapsF9?

Anyone have any news?

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Anyone have any news?

Nothing so far.  I just keep getting offered the same old Sync 3.4 software update even after reporting back the successful installation to Ford.

The Ford update system seams to be in a mess right now.

• Like 2

I looked on the sync update page last week and it showed no update for my car (showing as a 2020 Focus) but today it is. Now I'm bit apprehensive of doing it 🙄

3 hours ago, Linds said:

I set my car to auto updates 3 months ago when I bought it.  Made sure it connected with our wifi when parked on the drive.  periodically checked if there were any updates from the car but yesterday I think it updated itself without input from me.  There was an icon indicating it was downloading something.  No more to report than that.... I believe I heard that earlier Mk4's have to be updated manually but I'm not sure. If it would help to see some screenshots of the various software versions from my car, happy to let you see these.

I’m close enough to my house to get a weak signal (better than nothing) but I thought the engine had to be running for the 2 hour download. I believe it’s 22gb (?) 

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m close enough to my house to get a weak signal (better than nothing) but I thought the engine had to be running for the 2 hour download. I believe it’s 22gb (?) 

When I saw your note I went out to the car and checked and I see 24 hours on it is still downloading files so its certainly a lengthy old process. I don't think your car needs to be on ... mine hasn't been but has clearly been downloading although not v fast. It might induce the download to "Scan for updates". Make sure you've got a solid Wifi connection ... mine is 1/2 bars but on my mobile phone shows full strength so I don't think much of Ford's hardware.

Above all be patient, I guess!  Very patient!  If you drive away from your Wifi connection when you return you should probably induce it to restart downloads by scanning for updates ... then wait a minute or two for the system to react!!

Hope this works for you, Alex.

• Like 1

If your cars are awake enough to download updates while they're parked, that could explain the battery issues some people are having... :unsure:

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If your cars are awake enough to download updates while they're parked, that could explain the battery issues some people are having... :unsure:

May be but my car is definitely downloading files while switched off ... here is an extract from the manual:

Updating the System Using a Wi-Fi Network Connection
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network

Select the settings option on the feature bar.
1. Select Wi-Fi.
2. Select View Available Networks.
3. Select an available network.
Note: Enter the network password to connect to a
secure network.

Switching Automatic System Updates On

1. Select Automatic Updates.
2. Switch automatic system updates on.
The system is now set to check for and receive system
updates when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can use the system when a download is in
progress.
Note: If the system is disconnected from the Wi-Fi
network when a download is in progress, the download
continues the next time the system is connected to a
Wi-Fi network.

• Like 1

I have a ford focus 2014 titanium my navigation system is not working as it should difficult to find certain areas. went onto a web site GP update within a very short time I got a phone call from GP update from a guy called Mark, he asked to insert the SD card from my radio into my Computer to update it, I said no I asked him what was the fee to update my navigation he said it was free and he was from GARMIN SUPPORT
Is this genuine ???

The nav cards are read only so can't see how you could update it online.
Very fishy.
Could be that the person thought you were updating a stand-alone garmin card but even then it would be done by connecting the whole unit via usb not just inserting the card (I have a garmin I use in hire cars and that's how I update mine).
Ford don't update them either, you just have to purchase an updated one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Linds said:

May be but my car is definitely downloading files while switched off ... here is an extract from the manual:

Updating the System Using a Wi-Fi Network Connection
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network

1. Select Wi-Fi.
2. Select View Available Networks.
3. Select an available network.
Note: Enter the network password to connect to a
secure network.

Switching Automatic System Updates On

1. Select Automatic Updates.
2. Switch automatic system updates on.
The system is now set to check for and receive system
updates when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can use the system when a download is in
progress.
Note: If the system is disconnected from the Wi-Fi
network when a download is in progress, the download
continues the next time the system is connected to a
Wi-Fi network.

That doesn’t say that the car is downloading updates while off, though I'm not saying it doesn't.

1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

That doesn’t say that the car is downloading updates while off, though I'm not saying it doesn't.

I know ... I'm saying its downloading while off because ... I can see it doing it!

• Like 2

Mine's definitely been downloading while the car is off too, but not all the time. I've checked my router a few times and can't see the car connected over WiFi. Maybe it keeps the connection for a few hours after the car is turned off? I'll keep an eye on my router and see if I can work it out.

I just registered to say the entire F9 maps downloaded over WiFi on my MK4 ST built July 2020. 
It does indeed download when the car is off but only for up to 30 minutes after switch off. 
Mine has just completed and I was watching it on my Unifi Network controller so had to keep popping out to the car to accessory mode and off again and it does another 30 minutes. 

Is there a way of scanning for new radio channels on sync 3.4 to see if I can get some radio logos back 

1 hour ago, ProximusAl said:

I just registered to say the entire F9 maps downloaded over WiFi on my MK4 ST built July 2020. 
It does indeed download when the car is off but only for up to 30 minutes after switch off. 
Mine has just completed and I was watching it on my Unifi Network controller so had to keep popping out to the car to accessory mode and off again and it does another 30 minutes. 

How can you tell the car is connected to your router?

9 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

If you type your router's IP address into your Web browser you'll usually see a list of devices that are connected over WiFi. You'll probably need the router login details the default for which are on the back of the router (unless you've changed them)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

I use Unifi equipment, which is like enterprise kit. I can see everything from when it connected to disconnected, how much data is transferred. A whole bunch of stuff...It’s not your average household kit.

10 minutes ago, Pirnie said:

If you type your router's IP address into your Web browser you'll usually see a list of devices that are connected over WiFi. You'll probably need the router login details the default for which are on the back of the router (unless you've changed them)

What’s my car called on WiFi? 

41 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

How long did it take roughly to download maps over the vehicle wifi 

7 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

How long did it take roughly to download maps over the vehicle wifi 

I did mine over a couple of days...due to the whole 30 minute thing. Definitely quicker to use USB, but I wanted to see if it would work over WiFi......and it did. 

6 minutes ago, ProximusAl said:

I did mine over a couple of days...due to the whole 30 minute thing. Definitely quicker to use USB, but I wanted to see if it would work over WiFi......and it did. 

They say about 2 hours by usb 

Just now, DaveG1975 said:

They say about 2 hours by usb 

Yeah....I probably spent about 5 hours....over WiFi. 

3 minutes ago, ProximusAl said:

Yeah....I probably spent about 5 hours....over WiFi. 

Think I will stick with usb then have managed to get your radio logos working with sync 3.4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club