Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

6 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Think I will stick with usb then have managed to get your radio logos working with sync 3.4

That’s the funny thing. I don’t use Sync for radio or nav. I use a wireless CarPlay dongle all the time. 

Mine connected to home Wi-Fi when I got home from the shops tonight. Shows up as Focus ST in the BT Whole Home app.

C2660988-2B73-4532-8382-E045F0526F1A.jpeg

44 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Think I will stick with usb then have managed to get your radio logos working with sync 3.4

Have you got F9 maps on usb? 
the only reason I’m interested in doing it wifi is I’m not getting the option on the Ford website to download to usb stick. 

19 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Have you got F9 maps on usb? 
the only reason I’m interested in doing it wifi is I’m not getting the option on the Ford website to download to usb stick. 

Yeah I’ve got it on usb stick took an hour to download of ford site then 2 hours to un zip the files to usb stick

Well I’m not sure if it is f9 maps but I got an update for maps as soon as I updated to sync 3.4

Just now, DaveG1975 said:

Yeah I’ve got it on usb stick took an hour to download of ford site then 2 hours to un zip the files to usb stick

What month was yours built? 
and you were F8 previously?

Sorry, repeating myself here! Memory ain’t what it used to be. 

Just now, Alex.S said:

Sorry, repeating myself here! Memory ain’t what it used to be. 

I don’t know month of the build but the my map is  are F7

2 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

I don’t know month of the build but the my map is  are F7

I will probably run my car on the drive at the weekend for a few hours to update maps via usb

Ford website states my car is up to date however this started just as I parked at home and home internet was in range-

5c562e38c3e37cadc0b038a3d11c951b.jpg

Assume it's the F9 update?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ford website states my car is up to date however this started just as I parked at home and home internet was in range-

Have you just recently turned auto updates on? 

I think i turned mine off last year due to people thinking it was possibly draining the battery

12 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

You’ll see it download many of them with different file names. Mine went through 1U5T-14G422-BAG, BBG, BCG........BHG which I believe are the maps, each one about 2Gb each, then the 4U5T ones which I think are voice files. But yes...14G422 are the F9 maps.

1 minute ago, ProximusAl said:

You’ll see it download many of them with different file names. Mine went through 1U5T-14G422-BAG, BBG, BCG........BHG which I believe are the maps, each one about 2Gb each, then the 4U5T ones which I think are voice files. But yes...14G422 are the F9 maps.

Engine running and wifi ? 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Engine running and wifi ? 

Nah. Just accessory mode until WiFi connected then power off and locked. It downloads for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, just did accessory mode again, wait for WiFi, turn off. Rinse repeat. 

19 minutes ago, ProximusAl said:

Nah. Just accessory mode until WiFi connected then power off and locked. It downloads for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, just did accessory mode again, wait for WiFi, turn off. Rinse repeat. 

Doesn’t flatten the battery
using usb method engine has to be running whole time . (25 mins)for Sync  3.4

And up to 2 hours for a map update.

7 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Doesn’t flatten the battery? 

Not mine. I’ve witnessed the car download nearly 20Gb of data with the engine off and it still works 🙂

What a crappy update procedure. It took about 20 minutes to run the synch update and now I've got to go for a 2 hour drive to update the maps 🙄 Thankfully I'm driving up to Coventry next Friday so I'll do the maps then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProximusAl said:

Not mine. I’ve witnessed the car download nearly 20Gb of data with the engine off and it still works 🙂

Dunno if it helps, but just to see if the battery was hammered, I've attached my MXS5.0 charger this morning.

It went straight from 1 to 4, which means it went straight to decreasing charge, which indicates the battery was fine.  It's trickling it's way up to 100%.  Generally your car battery will sit around 80%.

Considering the car was with engine off for about 5 hours and it was downloading the maps, I think this is pretty reasonable.  I should be at full charge in under an hour.

When I got the car (brand new) it had been sat in a lot in Belgium for 2 months (Built July 2020), I picked up 1st September (70 plate).  I immediately put the charger on it when I got home and it took 4 hours to get to 100%.  So in those 2 months it definitely either lost a lot of charge, or the battery had been sitting around a bit before being put in the car when it was built.

Either way, the 5 hours of map download over WiFi has barely touched the battery.... 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Doesn’t flatten the battery? 

Oooh, I should add, this is probably because the Sync update is updating the APIM.  I noticed on ETIS that before the Sync update I had a green software update available.  After I did the Sync update via USB, and uploaded the xml file, that green marker on the APIM has now cleared.  I think because its updating the module firmware, the engine needs to be on.

The maps are just files on the hard disk, so I cant see why engine needs to be on......just my opinion.

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

That looks like a voice update on 3.4 not F9 update ?

On 9/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, Comares2001 said:

Anyone know what the file 4UST-14G422-BAE  does in sync 3.4 . I downloaded the 3.4 update 5 days ago from Ford and installed it in the car. It is working ok but bizzarly during the past 24hrs the above file as been re -downloaded directly  to Sync3 via WiFi and when completed the screen said up to date even though the  website has been saying that all along. Version is still 20136 and of course I'm still not being offered F9.

I’m in the same situation. Any body have this AND then get the maps update?

• Like 1

Just to add to the confusion I successfully updated from 3.3 to 3.4 this morning and within a minute of uploading the Log File I'm being offered the 22Gb Map Update. My car came with F8 when new.

The Sync update only took 11 minutes.

My Internet connection is so slow that I won't download the Maps till the early hours of the weekend and won't install them until I'm going for a long drive.

On the 20 minute drive home with the update I also had the same problems as some other people with Voice Navigation and Radio Logos despite the settings being correct plus a few other ones. The other ones sorted themselves out before I got home.

There is also a GPS Logo inside a Ghostbuster sign on the map that I don't remember seeing before.

Just contacted Ford customer service. According to them I’m up to date no maps due😡

this is despite some being offered maps and other ( like me ) being told on app that maps are available. 

ford have no idea what is going on.....

ALEXP999 can you shed any light on the situation?  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club