Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Fortunately I am being offered the updates via the Ford download site

Mate, the ford uk site will let you download the sync3.4 . 

After downloading onto a usb stick it’ll uploade in around 23 mins. 

Then it’ll tell you ..your software is now up to date and there is a map update ready. 

When you click on that it’ll tell you “you’re up to date , no action required “.

unless you’re one of the chosen few , then you’ll get the F9 map update button. 

• Like 1

I know this sounds a stupid question, but we are talking Ford .

The maps files Alex has download and put a link up are for his Mk4 Focus ST 2.3 EcoBoost ,  I'm  correct in presuming they'll be the same for EVERY model of Mk4 Focus.

As I said sounds a stupid question, but with some getting the calm screen ad others not, you just never know.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Mate, the ford uk site will let you download the sync3.4 . 

After downloading onto a usb stick it’ll uploade in around 23 mins. 

Then it’ll tell you ..your software is now up to date and there is a map update ready. 

When you click on that it’ll tell you “you’re up to date , no action required “.

unless you’re one of the chosen few , then you’ll get the F9 map update button. 

Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Hoping to do the sync 3.4 update over the weekend, then fingers crossed I get offered and am able to download the F9 map update.

35 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

The maps files Alex has download and put a link up are for his Mk4 Focus ST 2.3 EcoBoost ,  I'm  correct in presuming they'll be the same for EVERY model of Mk4 Focus.

As I said sounds a stupid question, but with some getting the calm screen ad others not, you just never know.

Good point. ?

So the is where we are now downloading over Wifi so far.

Also so far 13.00GB of data has been used to get this far

9CB8097D-9BBE-4143-95F4-0AD24E5660F7.jpeg

7 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Its the same map download for any Ford with sync3.

Calm screen is a feature of Sync3.4 and as you say seems to depend on vehicle build date.

• Like 2

Seems to me that only vehicles from MY2019.25 on are receiving F9 maps either via download site or via WiFi. If so that means that those of us that have been stuck on F7 are not getting F9. Anyone out who has had upgrade from F7 -F9  on vehicle built 2018.5 to 2019.25 ? 

Reading the guide on cyanlabs to get the calm screen and radio logos you have to update the apim calibration firmware. Newer cars will probably already have this which is why some get calm screen and others don't.

Anyone out who has had upgrade from F7 -F9  on vehicle built 2018.5 to 2019.25 ? 

Yes, built Dec 2018.

I'd guess Ford is doing a staggered roll out of some sort to prevent the server from getting overloaded. The only question is what the logic behind it is, is it first come first served or is it based on something else?

Focus 2018.75 nothing for me.

what is more concerning is that when I interrogated Ford about F9 they  advised not aware it was released! 😡

So I’m getting MEM_ERR01 with my 8.2Gb update in the car. 
I guess all the WiFi downloads hasn’t left any room

am I going to have to use cyanlabs to reformat and start from scratch?

If your half way through a WiFi update would the USB stick override it to complete the update?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just updating my map software now is there anything to do during update?

3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Seems to me that only vehicles from MY2019.25 on are receiving F9 maps either via download site or via WiFi. If so that means that those of us that have been stuck on F7 are not getting F9. Anyone out who has had upgrade from F7 -F9  on vehicle built 2018.5 to 2019.25 ? 

4 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

If your half way through a WiFi update would the USB stick override it to complete the update?? Thanks

I have used Alex's Map files to update my car  build date 09.08.2018,  I'd updates sync to 3.4 via the ford website download and USB,  after that completed it started to do the OTA download and had finished the file. being impatient and with no sign of anything else coming I installed them maps from USB and all worked fine no issues.

So my 09.08.2018 is now Sync 3.4 F9

Just now, DaveG1975 said:

I’m just updating my map software now is there anything to do during update?

Wait and Wait and Wait  😂😂😂    it takes it's time and there are two key recycles to do,   I did notice on mine the message updating system software came on and off,  and you have to leave the USB in and engine running UNTIL it tells you to key recycle.

10 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Not just every focus. I’ve seen it offered to other models with Sync 3.3+ and Nav too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Wait and Wait and Wait  😂😂😂    it takes it's time and there are two key recycles to do,   I did notice on mine the message updating system software came on and off,  and you have to leave the USB in and engine running UNTIL it tells you to key recycle.

How long for the first recycle roughly it’s been going 25 minutes now

Is recycle engine off then on again ?

I have used Alex's Map files to update my car  build date 09.08.2018,  I'd updates sync to 3.4 via the ford website download and USB,  after that completed it started to do the OTA download and had finished the file. being impatient and with no sign of anything else coming I installed them maps from USB and all worked fine no issues.
So my 09.08.2018 is now Sync 3.4 F9

Thanks, I’ve updated to 3.4. I’m on the 1st OTA update but with our rural WiFi it could be a week for each one[emoji22]

1 minute ago, DaveG1975 said:

How long for the first recycle roughly it’s been going 25 minutes now

Give it another 50 min or so.

2 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Give it another 50 min or so.

Ok cheers is recycle engine on and off

8 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Ok cheers is recycle engine on and off

A message will come on the screen telling you to do  a Key Recycle 

I turned the card off got out locked it for a few mins ( 2 or 3 ) then just got back in and started it again while it did the second part, same again for the third part. The third part takes a few seconds,

any ideas??

I have downloaded Alexp999 maps F9 to USB (exfat).

when inserted in car it acknowledges the USB , indexing USB, then Index completed, then system updated (clearly not)

any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

A message will come on the screen telling you to do  a Key Recycle 

I turned the card off got out locked it for a few mins ( 2 or 3 ) then just got back in and started it again while it did the second part, same again for the third part. The third part takes a few seconds,

I only had to do one key cycle. The first part auto rebooted without input for me and carries on with the second 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club