Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

The DAB logo file I had when my Focus was on Sync 3.3.19052 was 1U5T-14G658-AD. It appeared to be missing many station logos after I updated to Sync 3.4.

This is the newer DAB logo package for Sync 3.4.20136, direct download from Ford's servers. It's only just over 60 MB.

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AE_1553188025000.TAR.GZ

Installing this requires the creation of a simple one item autoinstall.lst file. I've uploaded it here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0jr-Kxl1NOr1By9z?e=Zyd9SI

Take your USB flash drive and format it exFAT (quick format is fine).

Create a folder called SyncMyRide in the root of this drive.

Place the autoinstall.lst file in the root of this drive too.

Copy the DAB logo file you downloaded into the SyncMyRide folder.

Unplug your flash drive from PC and plug it into your car.

Update should take only a few minutes.

Most DAB/FM station logos should be displayed again. (I'm still missing BBC R5 Live).

This process worked fine for me but it is entirely up to you if you want to risk trying it on your own car.

Edited by colinmcg71
Add new direct link to autoinstall.lst
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Most DAB/FM station logos should be displayed again. (I'm still missing BBC R5 Live).

I'm on 20196 with the correct logo file for that version - but BBC R5 Live logo was missing on DAB. I retuned & found I was offered two BBC R5 Live in the BBC 'Ensemble' - selecting the other one gave me the logo. (Aside: Can't get logo for Heart 80's - but can get logos for Heart70's  Heart 90's).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StewartHarris said:

I'm on 20196 with the correct logo file for that version - but BBC R5 Live logo was missing on DAB. I retuned & found I was offered two BBC R5 Live in the BBC 'Ensemble' - selecting the other one gave me the logo. (Aside: Can't get logo for Heart 80's - but can get logos for Heart70's  Heart 90's).

I’ve got two BBC R5 Live Sports Extra in the ensemble, one with a logo. Only one BBC R5 Live with no logo.

Same for me with the Heart stations, logos for everything except 80s.

Sitting in the car now cycling through DAB stations. List of logos still missing even with AE logo file installed.

Magic Musicals

Magic Chilled

HITS RADIO UK

Shared Access

Absolute Radio 70s

talkRADIO

Love SPORT

JACK Radio (UK)

BFBS UK

Sunrise Radio UK

Absolute Rad 80s

Planet Rock

Times Radio (displays talkRADIO logo)

BBC R5LiveSportX (2 stations, one logo missing)

BBC Radio 5 Live

Capital DANCE

Smooth Chill

Gold UK

KISSTORY

Heart 80s

Capital UK

So still quite a few missing. 🤨 

16 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Sitting in the car now cycling through DAB stations. List of logos still missing even with AE logo file installed.

Magic Musicals

Magic Chilled

HITS RADIO UK

Shared Access

Absolute Radio 70s

talkRADIO

Love SPORT

JACK Radio (UK)

BFBS UK

Sunrise Radio UK

Absolute Rad 80s

Planet Rock

BBC Radio 5 Live

Capital DANCE

Smooth Chill

Gold UK

KISSTORY

Heart 80s

Capital UK

Surely Ford are gonna do a update for the radio logos 

4 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

You would hope so, but as ever, don’t hold your breath...

52 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Magic Musicals

Magic Chilled

HITS RADIO UK

Shared Access

Absolute Radio 70s

talkRADIO

Love SPORT

JACK Radio (UK)

BFBS UK

Sunrise Radio UK

Absolute Rad 80s

Planet Rock

BBC Radio 5 Live

Capital DANCE

Smooth Chill

Gold UK

KISSTORY

Heart 80s

Capital UK

Would you be able to do me a favour please and see if the file you posted gives you. Radio 1/2 Radio X and Virgin DAB logos?

These are on my first screen of pre sets and pretty much the only stations I listen to so if they are still missing its not really worth me trying to update the file just yet and waiting for ford to sort it

4 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Would you be able to do me a favour please and see if the file you posted gives you. Radio 1/2 Radio X and Virgin DAB logos?

These are on my first screen of pre sets and pretty much the only stations I listen to so if they are still missing its not really worth me trying to update the file just yet and waiting for ford to sort it

Yes Ben, those logos are all present. The list I posted is all the stations without logos, all other stations have logos.

4 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yes Ben, those logos are all present. The list I posted is all the stations without logos, all other stations have logos.

Great, thanks ill give it a try and see how it goes

Also how would I know, or does it actually matter if i'm on 3.4.20136, or the other (is it 20196?)

And does the USB need the 'DONTINDX.MSA' file? or just the autoinstall and the syncmyride?

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

Great, thanks ill give it a try and see how it goes

Also how would I know, or does it actually matter if i'm on 3.4.20136, or the other (is it 20196?)

And does the USB need the 'DONTINDX.MSA' file? or just the autoinstall and the syncmyride?

You can find out which version of 3.4 you are on in Settings > General > About Sync.

AE logo package should work fine with both 20136 and 20196.

EDIT: AE logo file works best with Sync 3.4.20136. If you have updated to the not publicly released 3.4.20196 there will be a lot of missing logos with AE. There is a corresponding updated logo file named 1U5T-14G658-AF for Sync 3.4.20196.

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Same install process applies, autoinstall.lst file needs to be edited to reflect the new file name.

DONTINDX.MSA is not really necessary. It just stops Sync trying to index a USB drive with a software update on it instead of music files. 
Without it you will see an ‘indexing usb’ message for a second or two before the update starts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

The DAB logo file I had when my Focus was on Sync 3.3.19052 was 1U5T-14G658-AD. It appeared to be missing many station logos after I updated to Sync 3.4.

This is the newer DAB logo package for Sync 3.4.20136, direct download from Ford's servers. It's only just over 60 MB.

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AE_1553188025000.TAR.GZ

Installing this requires the creation of a simple one item autoinstall.lst file. (Attached below, change file extension from .txt to .lst (LST)

Take your USB flash drive and format it exFAT (quick format is fine).

Create a folder called SyncMyRide in the root of this drive.

autoinstall.txt 155 B · 5 downloads

This worked an absolute treat, thanks Colin!

Very easy to do and took 30 seconds (if that) for the update to install😁👍

Have all the DAB logos back for the stations I use, still missing the same ones that you've mentioned above still but that's fine 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FezMan said:

This worked an absolute treat, thanks Colin!

Very easy to do and took 30 seconds (if that) for the update to install😁👍

Excellent. Glad it worked fine for you 😁

I'm on 20196 & AF logos - I've just checked the logos that @colinmcg71 posted as missing. For those stations that I can see - those logos are missing on the AF version too. I haven't done a complete check of all DAB stations visible to me, though.

However - I did find that in Radio Settings - there are a couple of settings (at least ?) that control the display of DAB logos.

Station Logo - logos are/aren't displayed on both Home screen & Audio screen

Slide Show. If this is turned ON - the Radio Logos aren't displayed on the Audio screen - but are displayed on the Home screen.

I don't know whether there are similar settings on 20136 or whether other Radio settings may influence the display of Logos

• Like 1

Col update file worked fine for me, and did bring back some logos, but still a lot missing from both national and local DAB stations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark-UK said:

Col update file worked fine for me, and did bring back some logos, but still a lot missing from both national and local DAB stations.

Yeah, same for me. I still have 21 stations without logos.

From the Ranger forums in the US. A new version of 3.4 currently in the pipeline. If this arrives in the EU there should be a corresponding updated logo file too.

2020-10-04.png

As I mainly use DAB or a USB drive I can't remember if there was a direct frequency selection on FM in 3.3.

In other words, was there a touch pad screen were you could press the number 107.4  to tune that station, there's not on 3.4.

3 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

Why would they bother . They don't seem to care whether map files are up to date

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Why would they bother . They don't seem to care whether map files are up to date

Just successfully updated my sync via usb to 3.4 20136 and uploaded the log file to Ford.

However, although my on line Ford account informs me of a map update it’s not being offered as a download via the Ford sync & maps update site.

Unfortunately, it appears that I am not the only one in this position.

So for some of us the wait for the official F9 maps continues.

I am having problems with Colinmcg21 download to get the logos to appear on radio stations. I have followed the instructions to the letter, on trying to install the only message I get is "indexing USB" and thats it. The only difference iv'e noticed is that the lst file contains the word "text" , this does not appear in other lst files. Can I copy the lst file from the main Sync 3.4 file or is this different ?.

Many thanks

12 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

I am having problems with Colinmcg21 download to get the logos to appear on radio stations. I have followed the instructions to the letter, on trying to install the only message I get is "indexing USB" and thats it. The only difference iv'e noticed is that the lst file contains the word "text" , this does not appear in other lst files. Can I copy the lst file from the main Sync 3.4 file or is this different ?.

Many thanks

I made the same mistake first time. You need to change the file extension from .txt to .lst (at first I just thought this was a case of literally changing the end of the file name from .txt to .lst)

Before you put the autoinstall.txt file onto your usb you need to change the file extension, Its very straight forward but I have a Mac so I wouldn't be able to explain how to do it on windows if somebody else can? 

edit: this explains how to do this on windows https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204676189-How-to-change-a-File-Extension-in-Windows

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply , I am using a mac

Just now, NortonSS said:

Thanks for the reply , I am using a mac

Easy then, right click/2 finger click (whatever its called on a Mac) the autoinstall file

click get info, then half way down there is a dropdown for 'name & extension', click that and then change the .txt to .lst there.

you should get a pop up warning when you press enter, if does correctly you'll notice the 'text' disappears off the file, then just put it onto your usb 🙂 

Thank everyone, installed Colinmcg21 fix and most logos have appeared.

• Like 1