Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

22 hours ago, FezMan said:

This has probably been said a thousand times but this thread is just too big now to trawl through

Got in the car today and instantly had the below update pop up. Any idea what it is? Assuming something to do with voice commands as I keep seeing people mention them..

I don't have the time to sit through a wifi update so just ignored it and let it carry on, the only way this will probably ever complete is if it downloads while the car is turned off overnight...

IMG_2375.jpeg

Just got in my car and surprised to see the same WiFi update download.
Is that start of the F9 Map update ?

My car has been trying to download it for a day and a half[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PLB said:

That is one of the 15 files that are on my USB Stick for the maps update that I have not uploaded to the car yet.

It is about 2.2 GB, but they are not all that big.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PLB said:

That is the first of four navigation voice files. They end with BAE, BBE, BCE and BDE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

That is one of the 15 files that are on my USB Stick for the maps update that I have not uploaded to the car yet.

It is about 2.2 GB, but they are not all that big.

4 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

That is the first of four navigation voice files. They end with BAE, BBE, BCE and BDE.

Ok, thanks for that.

Looks like they are part of the F9 Map update then. 👍

I think earlier in this thread it was suggested that it may be a voice file for the sync.

3 minutes ago, PLB said:

Ok, thanks for that.

I think earlier in this thread it was suggested that it may be a voice file for the sync.

Yep, definitely the start of your F9 map update 👍🏼

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PLB said:

Ok, thanks for that.

This may help you as I’ve gone through the process and documented everything.

just remember. It will pause after 30 mins of turning the engine or pause when out of WiFi range.

I left a mobile phone hot spot in my car with data on the sim and it was always downloading when. Driving and carried on every where I went for. 30 mins after switching the car of

935E45EF-7FFE-478E-B066-82FFBD55837A.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jambmoz said:

My car has been trying to download it for a day and a halfemoji2369.png

If you are near a Wi-fi unit and the car has good reception. As soon as you turn the car off, it doesn’t keep downloading. It pauses after 30 mins.  Same for installs.  This is so it doesn’t drain your battery.

updates are also only done over WiFi if not on usb with Sync 3

The image shows you all the timings, order of presentation in files and what happens,  well this is what was happening in my car any how. 

8E43FD21-EEA0-4848-98D3-567758E2A929.jpeg

On 10/3/2020 at 11:33 PM, ProximusAl said:

It’s the 4 4U5T files. BAE, BBE,BCE,BDE. Car is like yours saying all up to date..

I’ve checked again today and nothing in both car to download and web sync.

but I will keep checking over next few days and let you know if something happens 

• Thanks 1

If you are near a Wi-fi unit and the car has good reception. As soon as you turn the car off, it doesn’t keep downloading. It pauses after 30 mins.  Same for installs.  This is so it doesn’t drain your battery.
updates are also only done over WiFi if not on usb with Sync 3
The image shows you all the timings, order of presentation in files and what happens,  well this is what was happening in my car any how. 
8E43FD21-EEA0-4848-98D3-567758E2A929.thumb.jpeg.b021a017db55c890432303dec0d5d537.jpeg

My car is on the 1st file on your list, our WiFi is poor which obviously doesn’t help. Thanks

Guys, just use alexp999 download. It works fine via usb in two hours.

It would be great once the 'dust settles' for someone here to do a nice summary with links to downloads etc and a simple guide to install (maybe as a sticky so we find it!). 

(Watching and waiting here, maybe in a month or so I'll give it a shot :smile:)

The alexp999 download is easy and straightforward.

download to pc, extract to usb stick (exfat) start car, insert usb and away you go.

im not very tecky but was successful 

now on sync 3.4 with maps F9.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

I’ve checked again today and nothing in both car to download and web sync.

but I will keep checking over next few days and let you know if something happens 

Interesting to note, the first in your list, I assume was BAE, not BA, as this came down in my car too.

No sign of the BBE, BCE or BDE in the wifi download but is included in the map download USB.

I've tried a master reset that and doesnt help.  I'm still getting offered via USB BAE,BBE,BCE,BDE even though I saw BAE come via Wifi.

I tried the troubleshooting USB method and that just says "This device isnt supported!!"

My next step is I'm making a full USB of AlexP's maps and going to try that.

10 minutes ago, ProximusAl said:

I

worked for me. about 2 hours in total. 

I sat in car with iPad and watched movie, bit of piece and quiet!! 

• Haha 1

So I have now completed the update....here's the full story....

Update to Sync 3.4 using USB.  All went fine.
F9 maps downloaded over WiFi....took ages....but all went fine.
After this completed, I checked the Sync download website, and it kept offering me an 8.2GB USB map update (note, not the 21Gb). All it contained were the 4 voice BAE,BBE,BCE,BDE files.
I couldn't apply this update, as I kept getting ERR_MEM01 or MEM_ERR01 cant quite remember.
Master reset wouldn't fix this...nothing would.
So I downloaded AlexP's download.....the whole 21Gb update, and I just applied that to the car....took about an hour.
This was all successful, so I uploaded the resultant XML file to the ford website......AND.........
No more 8.2Gb update being offered.

So, in the future, I'm definitely going to be doing map updates over USB.  It's quicker....and it's less confusing.....

Hopefully now, I'm all up to date, and ford servers know this too....

• Like 1

Hopefully now, I'm all up to date, and ford servers know this too....

let’s hope so, I’m in same situation. Don’t want Ford trying to update again over Wi-fi 

Updated to Sync 3.4 using a USB stick and all went fine for me to.

BUT F9 Map download over WiFi is taking ages.

So, after reading your experiences regarding your F9 Map WiFi download I have decided to download alexp999 link and apply the files using a USB stick.

Hopefully, the partial WiFi download that I have now aborted and me turning off WiFi updates won’t cause any problems.

D6C73C36-E886-4C56-9D11-A8F44BCB4FF7.jpeg

Go for it , I was in the same situation every time I started the car with auto updates turned on it tried to download the same file but never finished. Turned off auto updates and used Alexp999 download without any problems.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PLB said:

So, after reading your experiences regarding your F9 Map WiFi download I have decided to download alexp999 link and apply the files using a USB stick.

Hopefully, the partial WiFi download that I have now aborted and me turning off WiFi updates won’t cause any problems.

D6C73C36-E886-4C56-9D11-A8F44BCB4FF7.jpeg

That looks like a voice file that many of us have had after 3.4 update . Not F9 maps

40 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

That looks like a voice file that many of us have had after 3.4 update . Not F9 maps

It's the start of the F9 maps. You only need to download one or two files before Sync shows F9 maps in the software version list. 

4 hours ago, ProximusAl said:

Interesting to note, the first in your list, I assume was BAE, not BA, as this came down in my car too.

No sign of the BBE, BCE or BDE in the wifi download but is included in the map download USB.

I've tried a master reset that and doesnt help.  I'm still getting offered via USB BAE,BBE,BCE,BDE even though I saw BAE come via Wifi.

I tried the troubleshooting USB method and that just says "This device isnt supported!!"

Oops. Yes BAE. glad you spotted it, I was going dizzy with all the letters. 

D6C73C36-E886-4C56-9D11-A8F44BCB4FF7.thumb.jpeg.84dcc41a8307e1eef89ee66641c2f472.jpeg

My car was probably a 3rd of the way through this last night when it switched off. It’s now saying update successfull. Will see what it finds next.

So, I have downloaded alexp999 link containing the F9 Map files and unzipped them to a 32GB USB stick.

Could someone please check that all the necessary files are present and correct before I attempt the update.

Root Directory Folders

Root Directory Folders.jpg

autoinstall.lst

autoinstall.lst Folder.jpg

SyncMyRide Files

SyncMyRide Folder File List.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club