Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

34 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Been advised via twitter from ford uk to turn on my auto update. For F9 maps. Has anyone actually managed to get the full thing OTA? 

Yes, I believe several have.

In fact a few weeks ago the F9 map update started to download via WiFi for me.

However, as Andyr55 points out it’s a very slow process so it would have took an age to download.

The thing is as I understand it updating via WiFi sounds good in theory but if the engine is not running the sync modem will drop the WiFi connection after about 30 mins.

So you either have to constantly have the engine running or be prepared to restart the engine every 30 minutes.

It would be much more convenient if when the engine is switched off the WiFi link stayed connected during the update but apparently it doesn’t do that because of possible battery drain.

BTW, I also have a fairly week WiFi signal on my drive which doesn’t help.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Previous members reported the OTA updates took 13 hrs 😳

So potentially I could get an hour or two a day , done in about 10 days 🤔. I’ll be fkd if I’m starting the engine every 30 minutes, or having the engine running for hours. What about connected to FordPass App? Does that mean while I’m driving with the phone connected it’ll update for that time? 

• Like 1

Good question, your screenshot implies that you can get updates via the Ford Pass app but I’m not sure.🤔

• Like 1

If your not getting offered update from Ford website. Just download Alexp999 download and install it. The files are exactly the same as from the website . You don't have to send a logfile to Ford so can still wait for an update offer from them to compare. But turn off WiFi updates

I've used the download from Alex and it works just fine.
Expect some random volume control inactivity and voice control wierdness but other than that it's far quicker.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice fellas . Anyone know anything about updating via the FordPass app ? 
btw I just checked it there..it’s disconnected the wifi as someone said earlier .. 

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

voice control wierdness

Good morning guys I'm new to the group, is the memory card the only way to update the satnav, I've not long got my focus and it has an f3 card in it so I'm surprised it even know where it is 🤣

Anybody know how up to date F9 is?? There’s still new roads which have been built for atleast 2years missing on my sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, K3v said:

Good morning guys I'm new to the group, is the memory card the only way to update the satnav, I've not long got my focus and it has an f3 card in it so I'm surprised it even know where it is 🤣

Surprised you have an F3 card in a 2016 car.

F3 2014, F4 2015, F5 2016, etc.

40 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Anybody know how up to date F9 is?? There’s still new roads which have been built for atleast 2years missing on my sync.

I think the new maps will still be behind with new roads. Just think how behind F7 was 😳😉

45 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

There are two versions of F9 😞 - do you know which one you have ? (1U5T-14G421-BAG etc are the latest, 1U5T-14G421-BAF etc  - were earlier - if I remember correctly.)

I've just got round to updating the Sync software. there was a notification that new maps were available but now that's disappeared.

Where can I find the 'Alexp999' updates ? 

There are two versions of F9 [emoji20] - do you know which one you have ? (1U5T-14G421-BAG etc are the latest, 1U5T-14G421-BAF etc  - were earlier - if I remember correctly.)

Not sure on the files but this is my version 527cdb5615175d3cad6197564fc4bab6.jpg

47 minutes ago, kingfisher1967 said:

I've just got round to updating the Sync software. there was a notification that new maps were available but now that's disappeared.

Where can I find the 'Alexp999' updates ? 

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/10507861069573772965/Map_22631088687_Update.zip?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

This is the Alexp999 link.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

Just noticed in the picture above there is the climate button on the screen is there a way to enable this or it only on certain versions off sync 

It can be enabled with Forscan but the screen interface layout is incorrect, left screen controller changes right temp and vise-versa.

4 hours ago, jambmoz said:

Not sure on the files but this is my version

You can find more detailed information about your map version in Sync’s diagnostic mode.

To enter diagnostic mode the ignition has to be on or engine running. The radio has to be on and the audio tab fullscreen. Then press and hold the power and skip back buttons for a few seconds.

Diagnostic mode will start with a speaker test, press the end test button and you will be on the Bezel Diagnostics screen.

Select APIM > IVSU Versions.

There will be a list of six files here. These are:

1. Sync app version.

2. Voice recognition version.

3. Gracenote version.

4. Map version.

5. Navigation Voice version.

6. DAB logo version.

I am on the September 2020 release of F9 maps, ending BAG. The earlier F9 version ends BAF.

This is how my IVSU Versions screen looks...

C6D814AC-6492-45CC-9C50-79721A0B04BF.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

It can be enabled with Forscan but the screen interface layout is incorrect, left screen controller changes right temp and vise-versa.

I was thinking about enabling it to see if it’s still reversed on the Mk4. Have you tried it on yours?

You can find more detailed information about your map version in Sync’s diagnostic mode.
To enter diagnostic mode the ignition has to be on or engine running. The radio has to be on and the audio tab fullscreen. Then press and hold the power and skip back buttons for a few seconds.
Diagnostic mode will start with a speaker test, press the end test button and you will be on the Bezel Diagnostics screen.
Select APIM > IVSU Versions.
There will be a list of six files here. These are:
1. Sync app version.
2. Voice recognition version.
3. Gracenote version.
4. Map version.
5. Navigation Voice version.
6. DAB logo version.
I am on the September 2020 release of F9 maps, ending BAG. The earlier F9 version ends BAF.
This is how my IVSU Versions screen looks...
C6D814AC-6492-45CC-9C50-79721A0B04BF.thumb.jpeg.35bdf07e32626750de47b60b14ec61ea.jpeg

I will have a look tomorrow

I’d like to know why a company like Ford cannot make latest maps available in uk on their uk website to ford owners? 
As Alexp has shown the maps are there. Just not accessible to uk owners. 
Anyway I’ve started OTA 

Is this the first file out of several? 

414B2C3A-C959-46B7-A4E6-E37B66D506B8.jpeg

Just now, Alex.S said:

I’d like to know why a company like Ford cannot make latest maps available in uk on their uk website to ford owners? 
As Alexp has shown the maps are there. Just not accessible to uk owners. 
Anyway I’ve started OTA 

Is this the first file out of several? 

414B2C3A-C959-46B7-A4E6-E37B66D506B8.jpeg

That's the first and main navigation voice file.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

How many files in total? (Roughly) 

I realise files can be Very different sizes. 

4 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Have you got any idea what downloading via the FordPass app involves? I plugged into CarPlay earlier thru usb but I don’t think that’s done anything download wise.