Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’d like to know why a company like Ford cannot make latest maps available in uk on their uk website to ford owners? 
As Alexp has shown the maps are there. Just not accessible to uk owners. 
Anyway I’ve started OTA 

Is this the first file out of several? 

414B2C3A-C959-46B7-A4E6-E37B66D506B8.jpeg

Looks the same as my first file.

However, it was taking an age so gave up.

How are you maintaining the WiFi link.

Leaving the engine running?

9685FE01-2AC2-4F44-95FC-2C237DB82997.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

How many files in total? (Roughly) 

The OTA update does not download as many files as the zip download contains. I think you'll only get about four downloaded as Sync only downloads the files needed for our region. ProximusAI listed the files a while back in this thread:

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Have you got any idea what downloading via the FordPass app involves? I plugged into CarPlay earlier thru usb but I don’t think that’s done anything download wise. 

Sorry, no idea either. I've never been able to update over wifi as our signal at home is so weak outside and the FordPass app doesn't appear do anything regarding Sync updates for me.

23 minutes ago, PLB said:

Leaving the engine running?

No. It connects for (I think) half hour or so when I park , then disconnects itself. So if it is half hour limit each time I come home I’ll have F9 maps by Christmas! 

I’m hoping the download via FordPass app will save the day. 
Only reservation I have about Alexp download is ford maybe haven’t made it available to download from their website for a reason. 
I’m in no hurry. Got F8 already. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Sorry, no idea either. I've never been able to update over wifi as our signal at home is so weak outside and the FordPass app doesn't appear do anything regarding Sync updates for me.

Me neither , re the app. 
I got sync 3.4 from ford website .

*edit ..I have a wifi signal but yeah very weak. 

Not sure what I’ve done here? Turned auto updates off. Was getting no where. 
Shouldn’t have turned it on in the first place. 

99006BFB-C53A-452A-9BD2-62D39272E4FD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Not sure what I’ve done here? Turned auto updates off. Was getting no where. 
Shouldn’t have turned it on in the first place. 

99006BFB-C53A-452A-9BD2-62D39272E4FD.jpeg

That message came up for me when I aborted the download and turned off auto updates.

That shouldn’t be a problem, I assume like me you turned off auto updates part way through the first file download.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PLB said:

turned off auto updates part way through

Yeah. Stop/starts now not working.

For some reason got a hazard warning again today. (2nd one) Didn’t have navigation open. Just bluetooth music
Debris on the motorway a few miles ahead , I had no destination set so I don’t know what triggers it as it doesn’t know where I’m heading. 🤔 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:42 AM, StewartHarris said:

There are two versions of F9 😞 - do you know which one you have ? (1U5T-14G421-BAG etc are the latest, 1U5T-14G421-BAF etc  - were earlier - if I remember correctly.)

is 1U5T-14G421-BAG the most recent maps update?

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

is 1U5T-14G421-BAG the most recent maps update?

As far as I know - yes. The files 1U5T-14G421-BAG thru to 1U5T-14G421-BJG are the F9 maps released in September 2020. (Files with the suffix F rather than G are the earlier version of F9 maps).

On 10/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, YOG said:

Surprised you have an F3 card in a 2016 car.

F3 2014, F4 2015, F5 2016, etc.

Yeah thats what I thought to but had I not removed it to see which one it was I wouldn't have known 😅 

I spoke to Ford today thru in app chat about map updates through the app. They say they support app only and don’t know anything about updating maps through the app. 
smh 

I rest my case. 

DB435684-D27A-489D-8FD2-DE82DC5936FA.jpeg

I've been updating my focus to the latest F9 maps OTA. I've been turning ignition on, letting the downloads start, then switching off. It does allow about 30mins of WiFi connection. The file list seems to be advancing. I think it started at BAG and is now on BGG with a small BJ after each one. Looking at the file list posted a few pages back I have one more large file to go after BGG. It's taken about a week so far!

8 hours ago, daverob said:

I've been updating my focus to the latest F9 maps OTA. I've been turning ignition on, letting the downloads start, then switching off. It does allow about 30mins of WiFi connection. The file list seems to be advancing. I think it started at BAG and is now on BGG with a small BJ after each one. Looking at the file list posted a few pages back I have one more large file to go after BGG. It's taken about a week so far!

Something to be said for downloading ALEXP999 maps update on USB. 

‘week so far’ against 2 hours.........

• Like 2

Something to be said for downloading ALEXP999 maps update on USB. 

‘week so far’ against 2 hours.........

Indeed, saves a lot of waiting around.

By the time the download finishes old Nick will be skating to work [emoji1787].

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Indeed, saves a lot of waiting around.

By the time the download finishes old Nick will be skating to work emoji1787.png.

Haha. I agree. Having done updates via USB before it certainly is MUCH faster. My problem is though that my work commute is only about 10 minutes each way. So either I have to leave the car with the engine running or go on a drive to specifically update. With map updates that's a hell of a choice and a chunk out of my day. At least this way the update happns while I'm sat in the house.

Bur they will still have to install for 2 hours [emoji6]

Is there anything you need to do after you've updated over WiFi or will Ford automatically know you've got the latest version so when a new one becomes available ( 🤣 ) they will offer it? Still says map update available on my Ford account but I'm all up to date over automatic system updates. 

Thats an error on the Ford account site ,everyones getting that. What does it say if you enter your VIN into the update download site ?

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Bur they will still have to install for 2 hours emoji6.png

Each one states "downloading" then changes to "installing". Hopefully that means no lengthy install afterwards

17 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Thats an error on the Ford account site ,everyones getting that. What does it say if you enter your VIN into the update download site ?

That I'm up to date. But it said that after the 3.4 sync update before I downloaded F9 maps over WiFi. I downloaded over WiFi as the site wasn't offering the F9 maps to me. The sync 3.4 was done via USB and correctly sent the file back to Ford. So do Ford know I have the F9 maps via downloading from automatic system updates?

19 minutes ago, daverob said:

Each one states "downloading" then changes to "installing". Hopefully that means no lengthy install afterwards

Some trouble I found is downloading over WiFi was when I locked the car up, when coming back to it for some of the downloads, they hadn't moved. It took sitting in the car with the ignition on for them to move. 

If your sync3 says it has F9 maps downloaded via WiFi then i think you can assume Ford know this. If in doubt you can always download and send them a logfile from the download site. Some say that wifi shuts down 30mins after turning off engine which is probably why update over wifi takes forever.I am amused by the sudden desire  to  use the WiFi for updating. A while back when it didn't work in Europe anyway the consensus on here was that it would take forever to download a large file and that it would not be as reliable as a USB download which at least you have control over and a permanent copy. If you're not being offered F9 just download the Alexp999 version. It is from Ford and is the very latest version of F9 lots of us have already done this without problems.

• Like 1

Mine has got well confused.  It downloaded 3.4 of its own accord, but when I check on the website using the VIN it says there is an update.  Go back into the car and it says its up to date when you tell it to check. Hope the rest of Fords softwre is better behaved than this.

33 minutes ago, Simonpaddo said:

Mine has got well confused.  It downloaded 3.4 of its own accord, but when I check on the website using the VIN it says there is an update.  Go back into the car and it says its up to date when you tell it to check. Hope the rest of Fords softwre is better behaved than this.

are you on the updates map F9?

My VIN search advises an update available, when I check it states upto date.

I downloaded 3.4 over wifi and maps F9 from alexp99 download.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club