Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

If your sync3 says it has F9 maps downloaded via WiFi then i think you can assume Ford know this. If in doubt you can always download and send them a logfile from the download site. Some say that wifi shuts down 30mins after turning off engine which is probably why update over wifi takes forever.I am amused by the sudden desire  to  use the WiFi for updating. A while back when it didn't work in Europe anyway the consensus on here was that it would take forever to download a large file and that it would not be as reliable as a USB download which at least you have control over and a permanent copy. If you're not being offered F9 just download the Alexp999 version. It is from Ford and is the very latest version of F9 lots of us have already done this without problems.

I'm one of these people that would prefer to do everything by the book so to speak. While I understand that the link from Alex is a direct download from Ford, it's still not officially (officially in a sense Ford offered it to me) from Ford as it's come from someone else. While I'm more than certain that using the link from Alex will work, being that person that does everything by the book, in my eyes, if something did go wrong, where does that leave you when you own a 30 grand car. Ford systems seem not to know whats happening when you do it the correct way, never mind doing it the incorrect way. 

Just to repeat. I know the link from Alex will work, I'd rather just not use it. 

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on when the download finishes in December [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

are you on the updates map F9?

My VIN search advises an update available, when I check it states upto date.

I downloaded 3.4 over wifi and maps F9 from alexp99 download.

VIN search says there is an update for sync or maps? If maps, can people see what I mean by using a link to download that wasn't offered to you. Again, just to repeat, I'm in no doubt the link works, it's what happens after for the Ford systems that worry me more. Did you download the file to send back to Ford?

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Let us know how you get on when the download finishes in December emoji57.png

It's finished. 

Normally I would agree with you and I only downloaded the Alexp999 files as there appeared to be no prospect of me receiving theF9 maps via the website or wifi. And having put up with this situation for over 18months and with rubbish replies from Ford CRC who obviously have no clue  I decided to use this download.  I think you are being over cautious here as the files from the Alexp999 download are identical in every respect to the ones from the Ford website.Also given that Ford state quite clearly that Map updates are the owners responsibility I'm not sure what they can say if you have used a third party source. In any event if there something major wrong with the Files the upload to sync3 would probably fail. And yes I did upload the log file to Ford and an now shown as up to date

Normally I would agree with you and I only downloaded the Alexp999 files as there appeared to be no prospect of me receiving theF9 maps via the website or wifi. And having put up with this situation for over 18months and with rubbish replies from Ford CRC who obviously have no clue  I decided to use this download.  I think you are being over cautious here as the files from the Alexp999 download are identical in every respect to the ones from the Ford website.Also given that Ford state quite clearly that Map updates are the owners responsibility I'm not sure what they can say if you have used a third party source. In any event if there something major wrong with the Files the upload to sync3 would probably fail. And yes I did upload the log file to Ford and an now shown as up to date

I maybe over cautious, but I have the map files direct from Ford over Wi-Fi, so it was ok for me. While they might say that it's at the owners risk, if for any reason that system got bricked doing an update officially, the car would be straight back to Ford and not collected till they sorted something out. 

• Like 1

I have download the Alexp999 maps onto a 36gig thumb drive and I plugged it in this morning, once it had been indexed the install started with no issues, but I didn't go for a long drive, just to work which is about a 15 minute drive because I am working on the assumption that it can be done in installments, and my WIFI wont stretch to where I'm usually parked. 

After work I can only assume that the install resumed its job because there was no errors and I will leave the USB drive where it is until its done, so watch this space.

The only thing that concerns me is will I still get that file that gets uploaded to show that the install has finished ONCE! ford re-issue the maps?

I did my maps update over a Wi-fi a month ago.

this is what you will need to expect if you are doing the updates. 

if you switch the car of, the system will pause and only resume once it’s happy to do so.

I kept the engine running on mine or ensured I went back to the car every 20 mins,

even if u lock the car, the system will still work in the background for about 20 mins, just remember to go back to the car and start the engine for a while.

this is what I did and eat my dinner in the car and kept taking cups of tea and reading in the car

5B1E4312-C73E-4112-84C5-99B47B896CAD.jpeg

Maps are now F9

Voices are clear, no issues or errors. 

Still don’t have please say a command, but I’ve not had it from new.

It did not download 1U5T-14G421-BJG to my knowledge.  I watched and screen shorted every update most of the time, so unless it did the update when I want looking or in the house.

14G386-AC Did not download at all.

1U5T-14G424-BJ did however download and install 4 times.

Things that haven’t changed.

Gracenote Version 1.1.1.1319 (EU-0010) This hasn’t Changed

DAB Logos are the same. Odd one missing and some wrong.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Daz-UK said:

I kept the engine running on mine or ensured I went back to the car every 20 mins

Ok , how many hours of engine running? And do you have a strong wifi signal outside your house? 
Edit * 13 hours ! Seriously? 
I’d rather dig the AA road atlas out. 

The lack of voice interaction "please say a command" suggests to me that the system is set to the advanced mode which you can activate once you are used to the system.
You can go back to full voice interaction in the sync settings menu if so required.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The lack of voice interaction "please say a command" suggests to me that the system is set to the advanced mode which you can activate once you are used to the system.
You can go back to full voice interaction in the sync settings menu if so required.

Sync settings menu?

Its on F8 maps.  It says a new map is available but I have to update Sync first.  If I load that onto a USB the car doesnt update as it must be the same version, so I should use alex99's download

21 hours ago, kingfisher1967 said:

I have download the Alexp999 maps onto a 36gig thumb drive and I plugged it in this morning, once it had been indexed the install started with no issues, but I didn't go for a long drive, just to work which is about a 15 minute drive because I am working on the assumption that it can be done in installments, and my WIFI wont stretch to where I'm usually parked. 

After work I can only assume that the install resumed its job because there was no errors and I will leave the USB drive where it is until its done, so watch this space.

The only thing that concerns me is will I still get that file that gets uploaded to show that the install has finished ONCE! ford re-issue the maps?

Update 1:

Part one has been completed which means its working and I only need to go for an hours drive tomorrow instead of 2

I seem to have a problem with the display on my maps, minor roads don't show up, the road name does appear though.

This is annoying, because they were there on the previous version. 

On 10/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, Alex.S said:

Ok , how many hours of engine running? And do you have a strong wifi signal outside your house? 
Edit * 13 hours ! Seriously? 
I’d rather dig the AA road atlas out. 

I didn’t keep the engine running all the time.  I was sat in the car a lot and just restarted the engine every 20 mins to endure sync didn’t stop.

however over night when you do close the car down, it still running for 30 mins in the background and the pauses and restarts after getting in the car and starting the engine.  Once ivy found the WiFi.

I used my mobile phone as a personal hotspot and left it in glove box. So it had a fab WiFi connection.

5 hours ago, MarkRS9 said:

I seem to have a problem with the display on my maps, minor roads don't show up, the road name does appear though.

This is annoying, because they were there on the previous version. 

Just go into the maps and zoom on.  They re appear.

they only show when needed now on mine

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, Stoney871 said:

On 3.4 update it’s gone all together.  I’ve a brand new focus in March 2020 and it’s never been on there.

no matter resetting it, updating it, changing sync menu,

now you just get the bing,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

used my mobile phone as a personal hotspot and left it in glove box. So it had a fab WiFi connection

So if I turn on personal hotspot while I’m driving it’ll download bit by bit every time I’m driving? 
When I tried with the house wifi after a very short time the stop/start stopped working. 
i turned off auto updates SS came back. 
Im thinking I’ll forget the house wifi to protect my battery. I’ve never used personal hotspot, Will it automatically connect every time I get in the car? 

28 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

So if I turn on personal hotspot while I’m driving it’ll download bit by bit every time I’m driving? 
When I tried with the house wifi after a very short time the stop/start stopped working. 
i turned off auto updates SS came back. 
Im thinking I’ll forget the house wifi to protect my battery. I’ve never used personal hotspot, Will it automatically connect every time I get in the car? 

You’ll need a decent data package, it’s a 23 gig file 

1 hour ago, kingfisher1967 said:

You’ll need a decent data package, it’s a 23 gig file 

Got 60gb a month. I don’t know how that works. 
I created a hotspot but seems I need to go into my phone every time to use it ..bit of a pain. Excellent signal but not seen any progress yet. 

I'm sure on mine (mk3. 5) the WiFi connection is only active if in neutral. I'm sure it vanishes if in gear. Maybe different for mk4 or I may even be imagining it, so couldn't download while driving about.

I got about a 5th of the first file on a 20 min drive. But realised when home it had disconnected itself somehow , hotspot was still on just connection gone..

Putting the hotspot phone in the glove box would require the engine to be on? I started connecting thru bluetooth, phone battery was depleted really quick .  Thru usb got the 5th Of a file I mentioned ..