Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

26 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

I'm sure on mine (mk3. 5) the WiFi connection is only active if in neutral. I'm sure it vanishes if in gear. Maybe different for mk4 or I may even be imagining it, so couldn't download while driving about.

I’ll need to test that theory ...if that’s correct it’s 13hrs of idling ! 

31 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It's not correct. I've seen progress on the download bar while driving.

22 hours ago, kingfisher1967 said:

Update 1:

Part one has been completed which means its working and I only need to go for an hours drive tomorrow instead of 2

F9 maps have now been installed.

What I thought was part one of two was actually the installation being finished, now all I need to do it redo all my destinations.

Is that right about the 'please say a command' prompt is now missing?

OTA updates will not take 13 hours, nor will it take until December! I did all mine in about 3 days with hardly any intervention from me, certainly not sitting in the car with the engine running. The first I noticed was the car had updated to 3.4 and was downloading map files. It only did this when I was at home connected to my home wifi, but obviously carried on downloading even after locking the car up. The installation of files will continue when away from the wifi while driving. Both download and install continue from where they left off if interrupted, they don't start again from the beginning. So after making sure the car was connected when I got home, and again after putting the car away in the garage, it did the rest on its own and was complete after 3 days. And it doesn't download all the files, only those needed depending on which region you are in. So anyone wanting to do it this way does not have to sit in the car for hours on end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Waggy said:

OTA updates will not take 13 hours, nor will it take until December! I did all mine in about 3 days with hardly any intervention from me, certainly not sitting in the car with the engine running. The first I noticed was the car had updated to 3.4 and was downloading map files. It only did this when I was at home connected to my home wifi, but obviously carried on downloading even after locking the car up. The installation of files will continue when away from the wifi while driving. Both download and install continue from where they left off if interrupted, they don't start again from the beginning. So after making sure the car was connected when I got home, and again after putting the car away in the garage, it did the rest on its own and was complete after 3 days. And it doesn't download all the files, only those needed depending on which region you are in. So anyone wanting to do it this way does not have to sit in the car for hours on end.

Just to be nit picky but some of the files for the F9 maps for me did restart from the beginning and some didn't move at all when the car was locked in the 30 minutes the WiFi stays active. 

22 hours ago, Waggy said:

What’s your wifi signal strength outside your house? Mine’s weak. I tried leaving auto updates on , didn’t really get anywhere (not even half way thru first file) SS stopped working, figured I was more likely to get a flat battery than F9 maps. 

“The installation of files will continue when away from the wifi while driving”.

I don’t doubt you, But how could that be ? 

I was advised by ford to turn auto update on to get the new maps. I thought maybe they don’t know what they’re talking about! Wouldn’t be the first time.

*wifi strength fair.

I’ve connected it , left it half hour , checked on it, it’s disconnected itself , still no progress. I’ll check again later. 

Don't know technically how strong my home wifi signal is, but it connects to the car or my phone with no trouble while I'm on the drive or in the garage. What I mean with installation of files is the car needs to be connected to wifi to download each file, but once downloaded you can drive away and the installation will continue because the file is already in the car, no different to having a usb stick plugged in. Obviously you need to get back home again for the next file to download.

• Like 1

I connected to the house wifi again today but sat in the car for a while, it disconnected Itself within a few minutes. I’ve got a photo of how far it got , can’t remember the circumstances when it downloaded this little bit and it’s not budging at all now. 

A753CD79-207C-4495-9A96-A0FA9D7B3289.jpeg

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I connected to the house wifi again today but sat in the car for a while, it disconnected Itself within a few minutes. I’ve got a photo of how far it got , can’t remember the circumstances when it downloaded this little bit and it’s not budging at all now. 

A753CD79-207C-4495-9A96-A0FA9D7B3289.jpeg

If Ford are offering some of us (including me) the F9 map update via WiFi I don’t understand why they can’t also offer it to us via the Ford Sync/update website. 🤔

I got my Sync 3.4 update via the Ford update site and updated via USB so why are we not being offered the same procedure for the F9 maps. 🙄

49 minutes ago, PLB said:

If Ford are offering some of us (including me) the F9 map update via WiFi I don’t understand why they can’t also offer it to us via the Ford Sync/update website. 🤔

I got my Sync 3.4 update via the Ford update site and updated via USB so why are we not being offered the same procedure for the F9 maps. 🙄

Completely agree. Maybe it’ll appear tomorrow.....

Hi

Did anyone ever get the radio stations logo problem fully sorted?

I followed the instructions several pages ago in this thread and managed to get about 2/3's of them just wondering if anyone managed the full whack?

7 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Completely agree. Maybe it’ll appear tomorrow.....

A few weeks back someone on here ( I think he was in Norway) said Ford had told him the download site had been suspended due to tech problems. Avoid all the faffing around with WiFi just download the Alexp999 software its identical to the Ford site download.

• Like 2

If Ford are offering some of us (including me) the F9 map update via WiFi I don’t understand why they can’t also offer it to us via the Ford Sync/update website. [emoji848]
I got my Sync 3.4 update via the Ford update site and updated via USB so why are we not being offered the same procedure for the F9 maps. [emoji849]

I was the same, updated sync via USB but didn’t get offered F9 via USB for about 10days. It’s all done now but I couldn’t get anywhere with the auto updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GreyMack said:

Hi

Did anyone ever get the radio stations logo problem fully sorted?

I followed the instructions several pages ago in this thread and managed to get about 2/3's of them just wondering if anyone managed the full whack?

for me (on 20196 not 20136)  there are still some missing logos (as detailed previously in this thread)

On 10/22/2020 at 10:25 PM, Daz-UK said:

Maps are now F9

After BAG your maps then said F9. What is the rest of these files? 

On 10/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, Waggy said:

Don't know technically how strong my home wifi signal is, but it connects to the car or my phone with no trouble while I'm on the drive or in the garage. What I mean with installation of files is the car needs to be connected to wifi to download each file, but once downloaded you can drive away and the installation will continue because the file is already in the car, no different to having a usb stick plugged in. Obviously you need to get back home again for the next file to download.

Waggy, did you just leave auto updates on the whole time? Basically letting it do what it needs when it can ie connected to your wifi? 
I've made a little progress today. 😊

What’s people’s opinion on F9 maps ? 
Is there noticeable change? 
Good or Bad? 

On 10/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, Alex.S said:

I left my mobile hot spot in the car and drove for hours and it worked perfect.  The best thing that leaving it connect. I was able to go shopping knowing it was still working in the back ground for a short while

But as long as the car has Wi-fi, it will still download the updates even while driving. 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Good or Bad? 

I’ve noticed driving on motorway I’ve got the correct speed cameras be alerted now. So that’s a positive.  Othe than that all good and no issues. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Good or Bad? 

If you'd been stuck on F7 for almost 2 years like me you'd notice the difference. Looks bang up to date for my area where there have been huge road changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

If you'd been stuck on F7 for almost 2 years like me you'd notice the difference. Looks bang up to date for my area where there have been huge road changes

Agree, and as F7 is 4 years old F9 must be better.

Got in the car this morning, got F9 maps! 
I didn’t use phone hotspot just house wifi. Went out to the car 4/5 times yesterday. Started engine and reconnected wifi. 
That was 2 files. What’s the next several files about ? 
Ive connected wifi and searched for updates , it’s not finding anything..

The rest of the files are language packs and voice interaction configutation.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As I understand if you download over Wi-fi you only get the country files relevant to your location, whereas if you use the usb methods with alexp999 download it includes Europe maps also. 

good for driving holidays or if you sell the car maybe?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Waggy, did you just leave auto updates on the whole time? Basically letting it do what it needs when it can ie connected to your wifi? 
I've made a little progress today. 😊

Auto updates was on all the time. What I did each time I arrived home, or put the car away in the garage, was to check the car was connected to the house wifi. Usually if it was, files would already be downloading. Sometimes I had to manually connect, and sometimes hit the check for updates button to ensure files were downloading. Apart from that, I locked the car up and more or less left it to it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club